Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

AnnArbor Intro

4 posters

Go down

AnnArbor Intro Empty AnnArbor Intro

Post by johnscrn Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:33 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join. I've read through the rules a couple times and they seem to explain everything well enough but I hope you are open to me asking some questions since I'm not only new to your site but keeper leagues in general. I am a statistician by trade and end up micromanaging my fantasy leagues to an extreme so this layout will certainly bring me joy.
I am a big Red Wings fan but I see Brain has already cornered the market with Red Wings players.

I have two quick questions.
1. Is "league news" where we post general discussion like this or should I be posting inside my team news?

2. The players that are listed as Free Agents under my team in the google doc, Should they be on my roster(active) or should they be in the free agency on yahoo. Are they just players the previous owner of this team was trying to release?
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

AnnArbor Intro Empty Re: AnnArbor Intro

Post by ericdm70 Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:16 pm

1) general news like this is fine in this forum. Stuff directly for your team can go in your team news.

2) the free agents page was used as guide for free agency last season. Your roster page is updated. Everyone on the active roster should be in yahoo. Prospects should not be on roster.

You are the AnnArbor Redwings?

Ask any as many questions as you need.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:10 pm

I'm the AnnArbor Cephalopods. I was going to go with octopi in respect to the wings but decided to go up the scientific classification to use all my 20 characters.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Great to have you!  Ask as many questions as you want.  We are looking for active members! 

Any available guys on yahoo are either
1) Prospects on someones farm
2) Free agents you can sign!

Go to the master list on the contracts page to check but most guys on yahoo are free agents.  Knock yourself out!

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:29 am

Two more questions:

1. David Booth (VAN-LW) is listed as on my team in the Master List and my team finances page but he is in the Free Agency in the yahoo league. Should he be on my team (not that I necessarily want him)? Or was he released and I'm still paying the salary(can't find any releases in the archives).

2. What does "option" mean in the FA template.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:31 am

not sure about booth but option section is for Hoops only.

Hoops is currently the only league with options available.  Every other league just deletes that line.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:36 am

Welcome to the forum and to the FCC.

if you have AIM please advise so i can update the managers page with your contact info.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 am

I don't see any reason why Booth shouldn't be there. Go ahead and add him in Yahoo. Sorry
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:17 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. 

HELLFISH I created an AIM account just for this... not sure if you need the whole email or not for chat craig.johnson83@ aol.com. 
I added the account to Pidgin(universal chat client) so you should be able to reach me at it. Surprised you guys don't use Yahoo chat.

Also, one last thing about my roster, and I'm starting to question the previous owner. I have two players on the yahoo roster that I think I'm not supposed to. 
Magnus Paajarvi
Scottie Upshall
Want me to drop them or is it in error in the google doc?

Last edited by johnscrn on Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added more content)
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down