TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

'15 BOS EXPANSION TALK (looks like it wont happen)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'15 BOS EXPANSION TALK (looks like it wont happen)

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:48 am

Dont get JI and me started! we talk expantion on AIM Dustin. lol

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: '15 BOS EXPANSION TALK (looks like it wont happen)

Post by DmanofGod1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:28 pm

I'd love to go to 20 teams lol.  But it's been hard enough to find 16 solid owners.   

I'd love to be a part of a 30 team league but it's really too much work for a commissioner constantly trying to replace owners.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:39 pm

I believe that I have 4 ready n waiting.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Dustin we have four GM in the wings. me and JI will be doing some Expansion Homework. review the last one and then bring it up. glad to here you would be on broad if we have the 4 GM's and if we dont lose any this year. Which i don't think we will

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:44 pm

PS am always willing to do the work. with the help from you and JI. and few other that help behind the scenes

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:54 pm

It's too late for expansion this year.  The milb draft is past and so is free agency.  But next year could be a good time.  

1) Expansion draft starts February 1st, 2015 and we use the same system as last time.  Each team can protect 15 assets and then they protect 3 more each following round.  
2) We push the Draft back to February 15th, 2015 and the four expansion teams get picks in each round
3) Free Agency starts March 1st, 2015 

A few notes.  If we want expansion teams to hit the ground running, they should get picks in the draft.  Also, we move back the dates of things to February 1st.    

If we want expansion to be successful then we have to have four guys waiting to go.  January 1st-February 1st will be our interview period where we choose four guys after an extensive search and application process.  

Tristan and Justin have just ran with Sudbury and Canton and are great owners.  We want guys like those! 

That's what I would recommend if we want a successful expansion

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:00 pm

oh yeah this would be next (maybe lots has to happen) but most likely prior to 2016

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:01 pm

Ideally, 2015 works.

If it has to be 2016, then so be it, but let's try planning for 2015.

We have all yr here to figure out the right way to do things.

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Yea I would love it for 2015!  A year is plenty of preparation.  2016 is a little far away to be planning for fantasy.  Changes happen in everyone's lives in two years.  But if you want to do that and be that optimistic...fine lol 

Plus it brings more fresh blood to the site and that can help fill spots for the other leagues too!

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:07 pm

DmanofGod1 wrote:It's too late for expansion this year.  The milb draft is past and so is free agency.  But next year could be a good time.  

1) Expansion draft starts February 1st, 2015 and we use the same system as last time.  Each team can protect 15 assets and then they protect 3 more each following round.  
2) We push the Draft back to February 15th, 2015 and the four expansion teams get picks in each round
3) Free Agency starts March 1st, 2015 

A few notes.  If we want expansion teams to hit the ground running, they should get picks in the draft.  Also, we move back the dates of things to February 1st.    

If we want expansion to be successful then we have to have four guys waiting to go.  January 1st-February 1st will be our interview period where we choose four guys after an extensive search and application process.  

Tristan and Justin have just ran with Sudbury and Canton and are great owners.  We want guys like those! 

That's what I would recommend if we want a successful expansion

Love it. again me and JI were think of do a mock to get a feel of what would be fair for current Gm's and New GM's.

we have the four GM's they are the type of GM i prefer guys we know and played with in other leagues. JI, Keifer, and Mark have seen these guys at work. 3 are for sure and the 4th is a maybe

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Yes.

Lee is a mix of JI and Dustin... yikes! But ultra smart, plenty active, and will be a blessing.

Joe is a self described 'trade whore' but always has a plan and knows how to put a team together.

Andrew does not deal too too much, but builds properly. He also commishes a lg, so I know he's a serious guy.

All 3 are very active.

Collins is from CBS, Dustin, and is very conservative, but committed, smart, active, and knowledgeable.

I would feel very comfortable as these as the 4, but will also respect an interview process. Lee is a MUST HAVE though.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:11 pm

again 2015 sounds great to me. if we can get other GM to agree am down with next off season.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:15 pm

Well you thought Larry was a good add because he was from a CBS league and that didn't work out.  If it's the Collins that I'm with in the CBS league, then he may be like Larry and just have his heart set on his own league. 

Ian didn't really work in our league and he's super involved in the CBS league.  And I'm the opposite, I'm barely involved in that league.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Yea, Collins is a lil bit different, but also could be more in line with staying there.

He's expressed the desire to come here upon an opening.

I would understand if he didn't make the cut in an interview. 

But yea, Larry/Ian let me down.

I didn't know you stayed in that league, haha. I wanted to, but had my fallout with Larry so bounced. I shoulda gave you Billy ham before going! ha ha ha nah, jk

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:22 pm

Yea I actually turned the team around and mine finished like 3rd or 4th in the league which is saying something in a 16 team league.  I had gotten lucky and drafted Chris Davis and Patrick Corbin late and I had traded for Jose Fernandez before the season began.  

But by the middle of the year, Larry and Collins were so far ahead of the pack in points that only me or Ian had any shot of catching them and we just didn't have the ammo.

That's what sucks about a points league, no playoffs so guys just pack it in.  I don't even really like the league.  It's the only other baseball league I'm in besides this one and I could do without it.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:31 pm

Yea, Larry keeps his finger on the pulse of that league and helps skew it to be anti-competitive. Ugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:35 pm

well the last draft worked out great and like i told JI am cool with following the rules we had for that draft.  

protect 15 to start the 3 each round after.

4 round draft each team 6 picks
2 players max from any current team per round. which mean 8 team will have 2 player taken from roster and 8 will have one taken in 1st round. so the second round if you lost 2 in 1st you can only lose 1 in round 2.

then 3rd would be same as round 1 and 4th would be same as 2nd? .

that way all team lose the same amount of guys (total of 6)

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:48 pm

I would totally be down with a 20 team league!!!

Idk where the new expansion teams would pick in the rookie draft.

Its just an idea but i think it would be different (and helpful to hoarders like me) if we could have the option to protect more guys upfront and forfeit out 3 guys saved after each round.  So like protect 17 to start instead of the 15, and not be able to protect anyone extra (18 total) after the first round.  so by protecting two more guys prior to the 1st round we would be losing the ability to protect another player later.

Idk if that would work, since we want some talent going to the expansion teams, but I want to keep my talent as well...... hahahaha

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Good that you're on board and not trying to be too greedy!!

That is key.

A better league is better for everyone!

And, while you get diluted some too, so does everyone else, which I think will strengthen your position- although that should not matter.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:59 pm

nice Darrin. Hard to get them in the draft since we been trading them picks.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:00 pm

rookie draft i mean. and the 2016 draft how do we address that?

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:08 pm

easy

comp picks at the end of every round

not too hard

and doesnt 'kill' the value of previously traded picks

i mean, if someone is worried about 4 spots, then they got issues.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:09 pm

I think since we been trading pick for '15 and '16 we can do this.
rookie draft idea if we expand.
'15 draft
first 3 round round - Current GM's. Sandwich 3rd-4th round new GM's 3 picks each (12 total Picks). 4th-6th sandwich RD after each round, 1 pick for new GM'S  
7th round New GM's pick 5 more picks each at end of the round.

So they have so when it's all said and done Expansion Draft adn rookie draft new GM would have 35 Total players. then FA opens.

in '16th we can just add them to draft.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:11 pm

So they would kind of have their own sandwich rounds after every round.  before our comp picks as well.  I wouldn't mind my 2 compensation picks to be after 20 picks instead of 16, like JI said, doesn't make a huge difference to me.

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:12 pm

That works.

Either way, they will have assets and flexibility.

People were so eager to dump $$$ before. They will again.

Kinsler types would be made available.

I am sure this will be fine, but as Dustin said, will also give them a lil bit more to hit the ground running.

We can also address two other issues:

Performance scale cap
Adding playoff seeds

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:13 pm

I'lll be put my $$ out there

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:13 pm

just not my pitching lol

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Here's another consideration.

And this affects me TREMENDOUSLY.

But, I feel that guys who are gonna be RFAs need to have their 'rights' be draft eligible, given that they are now assets.

Otherwise, you are allowing me to protect 15 other players AND let those guys all walk for 6 comp picks.

So, while it will hurt me, I feel that RFA rights players should be draft elg.

The reason why they were not discussed last time, as RFAs needed more service time than being able to deal the rights.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Xezus wrote:So they would kind of have their own sandwich rounds after every round.  before our comp picks as well.  I wouldn't mind my 2 compensation picks to be after 20 picks instead of 16, like JI said, doesn't make a huge difference to me.

kinda, but we pick first 3 rds. first. then between the 3rd and 4th they get 3 picks each.
Current GM get the first 48 picks plus the 3 comps on the books (so first 51) then new GM's get pick #52-64

Last edited by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Integrity wrote:Here's another consideration.

And this affects me TREMENDOUSLY.

But, I feel that guys who are gonna be RFAs need to have their 'rights' be draft eligible, given that they are now assets.

Otherwise, you are allowing me to protect 15 other players AND let those guys all walk for 6 comp picks.

So, while it will hurt me, I feel that RFA rights players should be draft elg.

The reason why they were not discussed last time, as RFAs needed more service time than being able to deal the rights.

oh yeah for sure RFA's right can be either protect or allowed to be drafted by new GM's.

so for example Latos. i would either have to protect him or new GM could draft his RFA Rights.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top