PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

buyouts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

buyouts

Post by expos on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:20 am

can we still use them? if so, when is the deadline?

thanks
expos
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Re: buyouts

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:05 pm

yes, Deadline is the Sunday of last playoff match up.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Where does it say that in the rule book? I thought it coincided with the last day you can sign free agents.

Doesn't make sense that you can use them all season and dump them on the last day of the season for half price....

I OPEN BIDS SO LAZY PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO...
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by expos on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:23 pm

agree...does seem odd that we can dump someone on the last day (its actually 75% of their salary..still paid to them)

If that's the case..fine (because I forgot to use mine)..but I suggest we move it to the trade deadline next year
expos
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:34 pm

I thought FA deadline was Transaction Deadline as well. 

But I also thought the other thing for Buyouts enacted was the 25% of an already cut player if we had BO remaining at end of the year. Or something like that. Not too sure as I figured if never use it anyway..

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:37 pm

I tire dubbing out Errhoff in hockey last year after trade deadline and was told I couldn't for reasons that make sense. It should FA dealing in baseball unless rules states otherwise.

nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Here are the rule. Any buyout in 2nd half of season will not applied to 1st half of season. only 2nd half and any future years. we never really had a deadline for buyouts.

and yes you would have paid the play 75% of the current year contract.

4-4. Contract Buyouts
About Contract Buyouts: Teams can buyout a player's contract at any point of the player's contract. The team will pay 50% of the player's remaining salary or remaining Avg salary (whichever is greater) for all remaining years and the player will go to free agency.
Buyout Allotment: After a season has completed, each team will be allotted 2 contract buyouts which will be available to use immediately.
Buyout Eligibility: During the regular season, players must be on the team's roster for a minimum of 2 FULL match-ups to be eligible for a contract buyout. During the off-season, buyouts may be used at any time. Buyouts cannot be used on players age 38+.
Settlement: A team has the option of settling the contract in a lump sum or if the player has more than one season left on his contract the buy-out money can be distributed by paying 50% of each of the remaining seasons.
Trading Buyouts: Teams are allowed to trade their contract buyouts. At no point may a team posses more than 5 buyouts.
No set-off: If a player's contract is bought out by a team, and the player is signed through free agency, the player’s original team cannot set-off the difference of contracts.
Resigning: After a player has been released and a team's buyout was used, the releasing team cannot bid on the player in free agency for 21 days.
4-4A. Contract Amnesty (NEW RULE 2013)
Unused Buyout can be used as an 25% Amnesty for a guy on are cut roster. The Amnesty to only apply to 1 year. The amnesty can not be applied to current year and can only apply to the a following season and used at the end of the current season. One Amnesty per season. Can not be used on players who have had the Buyout applied to contract or players that team are paying down a contract (i.e Traded).

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:41 pm

@nostratimus wrote:I tire dubbing out Errhoff in hockey last year after trade deadline and was told I couldn't for reasons that make sense.  It should FA dealing in baseball unless rules states otherwise.

i also think it should be FA Deadline for Buyouts aswell.

I will change Rule Book, but for this year you have until the end of the season

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:54 pm

I honestly remember being told I couldn't use a buyout past the FA deadline the season before last. I don't see a reason why we should extend to the end of the season this year. Everybody seems to understand what makes the most sense.

I OPEN BIDS SO LAZY PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO...
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:59 pm

@ericdm70 wrote:I honestly remember being told I couldn't use a buyout past the FA deadline the season before last. I don't see a reason why we should extend to the end of the season this year. Everybody seems to understand what makes the most sense.

I agree as this makes the most sense. Doesn't affect me anyhow as I've used mine on Morrow/Headley  Mad  FA deadline is Monday so it's not like guys are getting screwed as of today.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:11 pm

@nostratimus wrote:
@ericdm70 wrote:I honestly remember being told I couldn't use a buyout past the FA deadline the season before last. I don't see a reason why we should extend to the end of the season this year. Everybody seems to understand what makes the most sense.

I agree as this makes the most sense.  Doesn't affect me anyhow as I've used mine on Morrow/Headley  Mad   FA deadline is Monday so it's not like guys are getting screwed as of today.  

Sounds Fair to me

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top