Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Draft Talk 2014

3 posters

Go down

Draft Talk 2014 Empty Draft Talk 2014

Post by johnscrn Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:54 am

If possible I wanted a quick clarification before the draft starts. It appears from discussion in last years draft that eligible players are players who have been drafted in any previous NHL entry level draft that have not been on an FCC roster before. Is that correct? Hopefully I don't re-open an argument that appeared to get heated last year.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Draft Talk 2014 Empty Re: Draft Talk 2014

Post by BossSquig Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:07 pm

I believe the distinction being undrafted free agents are not eligible.
BossSquig
BossSquig
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:11 pm

Yeah this was the Justin SChultz dilemma, where he was drafted and then went to college instead but then signed some time later.  My best recollection is that anyone who was drafted before, under the games limit for minor leaguers that was in the minor league system (or recently drafted) is eligible.  So we had a guy draft Beau Bennett i think last year who was under the minor league threshold but was on the penguins at the time.  So Beau Bennett was fine, but drafting someone like Justin Schultz was not, he was a FA during the year he signed with Edmonton
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:33 pm

perfect - except I have another level of research to do quickly.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:30 am

So do we have a date to start FA regardless of when draft finishes? I know I'm new to this but I feel like we must be close to crunch time giving the number of FCC FAs this year. 

Of course if FA only takes a few days you can tell me I'm crazy but either way I'd like to know so I plan life events accordingly. I may also just be so anxious for the NHL to start that I believe finishing here will start the season sooner. Bettman is probably waiting for us right?

also, Prague hasn't been on since Friday so I'm not sure if we can expect the next pick soon or not.... and then we have the second half to go.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down