PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Rule suggestions for '15 (Fine Update)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rule suggestions for '15 (Fine Update)

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:05 am

No fine to be administered for illegal roster provided you make the minimum IP. There is a reason for the Min IP and if you reach it, then your off the hook for Illegal Pitching roster. At which point you can manage your Pitcher as you wish. BUT you must still have 5-SP, 4-RP, 1-P active players on your rosters. 

for example GM reaches Min IP, his team will still need to have 5 SP, 4 RP and one active RP or SP. Minimum on your roster.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule suggestions for '15 (Fine Update)

Post by Xezus on Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:26 am

I like it

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:09 pm

I like it too. with 5 SPs, 4 RP, 1 P format, a min of 25 IP seems low. Should we bump it to 30 IP?

What I'm really trying to avoid are owners meeting the 25 IP, then benching everybody and then we get back to the issue of how it impacts playoff races.

Dan, when you say teams still must carry 5 SP/4 RP/1 P, do you mean they can sit on the Bench once they reach their inning limit or do you mean they must be in their starting slots, just that you can sit a starter during his start day.

What I'd be disappointed to see is a team notch their 25 IP by tuesday or wednesday and then bench the whole lineup the rest of the week. Sure they met the minimum but how's that good to the league and fair that their opponent has the chance to rack up a huge win.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Bumping min sound good. Re the 5/4/1 that is just the min pitchers a team should carry. Now once u reach min Ur free to bench.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:09 pm

I say 30 is a fair min IP.

I'd want 40 to 50, but can accept 30.

I mean, in the 5/4/1 scenario, that is all 5 sp going 5 IP for one start, and each RP getting 1 IP. Unless the extra P is a SP, but even so, it allows for that guy to be RP.

Still a very low min, but a touch higher than 25.

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:55 am

I don't see how managing your team to win a match-up has a negative effect on the league. If a team wants to punt counting stats for ratios in a given week, so be it. At some point you must allow for individualism
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:25 pm

I'm talking about managing your team to meet the minimums to LOSE a matchup, thereby securing a bad record and a nice draft pick.

Not saying it has been done but who's to say it won't be done. Need to look at all possibilities and outcomes when you make decisions.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top