TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Rule suggestions for '15 (Playoff Team Bonus)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rule suggestions for '15 (Playoff Team Bonus)

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:55 pm

Not sure where our current Playoff Bonus went from our Rule Book. I will review that. 

performance cap idea I like it, but i think this would be a bit EZ. 
and this is base on going to 8 playoff teams. 

I say we give playoff team Bonus that would raise thier cap for the following year with the increas being $5 to a possible $15 (depending on who wins BOS Title). 

TOP Seed $10M Team Cap Bonus

Remaining 3 DIV Winners $8M

Top Wild Card Seed $7M

Remaining 3 Wild Card Winners $5M (if we stay at 6 Playoff team then this would be 1 remaining WC team)

BOS Title Topper $5M

this is base on the Idea the better your team is and you make playoffs the more $ your team would make. But without change our base cap of $175

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Rule suggestions for '15 (Playoff Team Bonus)

Post by nostratimus on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:23 pm

To not sound contradictory, i'm all for bonuses rewarding good teams.

We should seriously look at how all these rookie level contracts will impact our league in the coming years. Sure, money will e spent on FA's based on market value but then in a system where you have too much money, top FAs may be worth 20+M and stud rookies are under 5M for first 3-4 yrs. How does that impact trading? player value? I'm not sure either but worth taking a closer look at and seeing some very simlpe projections rather than guys saying, "the market will play itself out."

We started this league at 200M, when expansion came we went down to 175M. Imagine if people said that the cap should've stayed at 200M after expansion just because the market will correct itself…think of how many max contract players we would have just bc guys had the money to do it. If everybody had an extra 25mil last offseason, i can guarantee you that tanaka would've gotten 3mil more/per and maxed out. Same with others.

Forward thinking guys….not me trying to make changes just for the sake of it.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:46 am

I think those numbers are crazy high and will do nothing but artificially inflate contracts. Not against the idea of bonuses but this is too much money
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top