TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Moncada may spend the full year in milb, who tanks for him?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Moncada may spend the full year in milb, who tanks for him?

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:35 pm

There you go..

You are now on the dark side!

Bahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:56 pm

As for the money difficulty...

I'll hold my opinion back until after the frenzy of Free Agency has passed.  Then I'll make a decision if money has become irrelevant or not.  

But some owners just won't ever spend.  They got burnt by a bad contract and now are cheapos.  Well...welcome to being a GM.  It's similar to real life and I love it.  Ask Detroit, LAA, Philly, Cincy how they feel about their remaining years for Miggy, Pujolos, Ryan Howard and Votto.  It happens.    

I have no problem with the buyouts now or the max contracts.  Buyouts increase spending which we need (though Mark doesn't think players deserve lol).  They increase spending but also give the owner flexibility to get out of it if the player gets hit by the age truck and goes flat.  And we have so many rookie contracts that the guys that don't should be getting huge deals!    

Because of arguments Mark and other made:  I would be for discontinuing trading buyouts.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:15 pm

I`m not for discontinuing the buy outs just think we shouldn`t be able to trade them
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:25 pm

That's what he said.

I was one that was very happy about having another asset able to trade, but we should prob just limit it at having the 2 without trading.

And if you do not use them, there's always Dan's other thing about using them to lessen payment on released players, so there will most likely always be a way to where we use the 2 per year.

I wouldn't mind eliminating the trading of buyouts.

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:33 pm

I don't see why or how spending or the lack thereof is a problem. If a team wins on a small budget, great. If a team wins while spending a ton, great. It's this little concept called individual choice. 

I disagree with a limits on length of contract for older players (really any players but whatever). Let markets be free and without regulation. I'm not saying I'm going to give 40 year old Jamie Moyer a 6 yr contract but I should have the freedom to make that choice. I don't need the league telling me what I can or cannot do with my money.

Here's the deal: if we ever vote on any sort of restriction on things markets can correct on their own, you can guarantee I'll be voting for the free market side.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:33 pm

Yea again I'll make a decision after free agency is mostly completed but for now, I agree with Phil on this one. 

Everyone has 175 million.  Spend it or not spend it.  That's up to each owner.  

I was just arguing that because guys aren't spending, we shouldn't overhaul the draft to correct it.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Well said Dustin.
Doug
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Wholly agree, Dustin. Overhauling things to encompass a few players is more effort than it is worth
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny B on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:33 am

what about not being able to use a buyout on a player until he has been paid a minimum of 50% of his contract. Then you can buyout the remaining 50% at a 50% discount. Seems a little better than what Josh Hamilton just got (4y deal, bought out after 1).

keeps us a little honest
Johnny B

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:22 am

We have buyouts to safeguard against things out our control, such as a guy relapsing into substance abuse or becoming terrible like a Dan Uggla.  

Owners need to be better stewards of their resources. You can't legislate people into doing so. we have enough information to discern on our own. *Not taking a shot at Hamilton contract, this is a general statement*
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmym91 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:13 pm

My (belated) two cents-

1) It should not matter what the salary cap is; the teams themselves set the standard market value, we are complaining about having too much money, the teams have to decide to spend it. The average price per player for a full 40-man roster is $4,375,000. The average per player in the MLB (with all 30 teams) is $3,117,675.93. Proportionally, we have too little cap seeing as how we have 47% less teams yet our average per player is only 40% more.
       -To sum up: unless we were using contracts out of our control (i.e. actual MLB contracts) the salary cap is arbitrary and how much money we use/don't use is up to the teams. If you don't like how much money is left over - bid higher, the money is there to be spent.

2) I think players that are eligible to be on the MiLB roster should be eligible to be drafted. Any international players follow this:
    -any players under 25 years of age, and have not played an MLB game, can be drafted
    -any players 25 or older must be signed in Free Agency
             *I am okay with either a posting bid system to negotiate contract (I liked the $30 posting fee means you pay that up front and then whatever that is over 6 years so that would be $5M a year, or you pay $10M a year over 6 years) or a straight up Free Agency duel
    -any players that have signed with an MLB team and played in an MLB game can be signed in Free Agency REGARDLESS OF FA DEADLINE (i.e. Rusney Castillo last year, once he plays anyone can sign, just like MLB)

3) Buyouts are commodities, I feel that the rules should stay the same as they are now, 2 buyouts per team and they can be traded. Both teams benefit in trades and just like in Moneyball, MLB trade random shit too (I.e. anyone want to stock my Pepsi machine for a year?)

Thanks,
Jimmy

Last edited by jimmym91 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)
jimmym91
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:28 pm

Dustin didn't even need to tank for him. #1 pick = great. My #3 pick, not so much...

I OPEN BIDS SO LAZY PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO...
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:30 pm

Akron is excited to welcome Moncada!

But I wouldn't be so sure of that Eric

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:49 am

How about we keep this simple and follow MLB rules:

Collective Bargaining Agreement in terms of who falls under the international pool money rules: Players who are at least 23 years old and played in leagues deemed to be professional (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Cuba) are not eligible.

so if you under if your young then 22 and played anywhere you enter BOS Draft. if your 23 or older (23+) and played professional (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Cuba) you are not eligible for BOS Draft and go to FA Pool?

Age cut off date is start of season so lets just say April 1st.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmym91 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:27 pm

Sounds good to me
jimmym91
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top