TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Bidding with War chest funds. (BOS Rule clarification)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bidding with War chest funds. (BOS Rule clarification)

Post by Xezus on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:46 pm

Must we take out funds from the war chest prior to using those funds to bid on players
 An example so far was SD bidding over his current cash amount but with the war chest money he would have been able to cover it.

I always assumed you needed the cash ready to go at the time of the bid. the only thing you can do after the bid is won is make physical room for the player not monetary room correct?

Either way we force people to tap into war chest funds to bid without any guarantee of those funds being used (if they lose the bid) or we create a safety net where one can bid essentially with the war chest funds and take them out after winning the bid/leave them in if they lose.

I would vote for people to have the cash avaliable at the time of bidding

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Bidding with War chest funds. (BOS Rule clarification)

Post by HELLFISH on Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:55 pm

yes cash needs to come out of chest. the rules are in place, i never called any out for it,. but you can!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:10 pm

each team has a Current Cap Balance this is what you can use to  bid on players period.  

you need to with draw from war chest to use any amount over the Cap Balance.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:19 pm

We have always been able to bid with war chest n withdraw after. This precedent was established in year one with countless examples of people withdrawing after they win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:31 pm

I wouldn't mind a change, but precedent was established long ago, and I am sure will be missed again going forward with trades n stuff before withdrawal. Are we going to invalidate all future maneuvers people do before they withdraw?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Also, if we do change, future FA periods will be severely affected, as when do have major cash, they will either withdraw to bid n see it vanish, or be reluctant to withdraw. Or worse, be forced to give out crazy deals to even lesser players for fear of losing that money. 

Not all 16 teams will be able to use their bid money, and this will impact future FAs in a major way.

I vote to leave things n precedent in place, because the future will be ugly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:51 pm

We should be wanting as many teams as possible bidding. A change will lessen the bidding n produce ugly results. 

It'll be like MLB where few teams each year dominate market. It's like that sometimes, but teams will now only withdraw when it seems totally apparent when they'll easily win n go on splurges. 

The rest will abstain n depress the market.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Talked to Dan on the phone, and he's like, "If you get called out for things, and/or you don't have the $$$ by the time I process, then you are SOL."

And to address my concern about future FAs, he says we will monitor things to see how things go, and make a change again only if necessary.

I think future FA markets may be affected, but for now, if you wanna bid, make sure the $$$ is pulled out, and if you lose a bid, make sure you win another guy, or the cash somewhere else.

Makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by tsandler on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:23 am

I'm with JI. I always get called out for not bidding enough on FA, and then when I do I get called out for bidding too much...

tsandler
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:10 am

I'd prefer to keep the old way since there has been precedent and $$$ can be accounted for, but Dan says we gotta try this way, and if there's an issue later on, then correct.

He thinks it may actually encourage more spending, since if you are at like 50 and want to make 75 worth of bids and withdraw 25, then when you inevitably lose a couple, you are pretty much forced into using that extra cash you took out somehow or another.

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:33 am

It doesn't matter to me.  Withdraw it or not, use it or not, it can just rollover again next year.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:20 am

I don`t see what the problem is here. If you have the combined funds to cover your bids then there shouldn`t be an issue. It does not take long to make a withdrawal. God almighty will you please stop splitting hairs on every little detail.
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:35 am

I agree that as long as the funds are there in your cap and warchest, everything should be good. The act of withdrawing money first is just an extra step and I can't see how it helps or benefit us.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny B on Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:36 am

nostratimus wrote:I agree that as long as the funds are there in your cap and warchest, everything should be good. The act of withdrawing money first is just an extra step and I can't see how it helps or benefit us.
Ditto, Ditto, and more Dittos!
Johnny B

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:53 am

Yep, I'm with these guys.  This is just an unnecessary thread and I don't understand the point in enforcing this so strictly.  

If the person has the money in the bank, they don't have to bring the actual money to buy a house.  If they agree to a deal, then they go get the money...

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:59 am

Bravo had told me on AIM that the New York Yankees don't gotta go waving their money in everyone's faces in order to sign a guy.

Altho, it'd be funny to see them trot out $175mil large to a press conference, hahahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:35 am

DmanofGod1 wrote:It doesn't matter to me.  Withdraw it or not, use it or not, it can just rollover again next year.
Because u can only deposit 50m in war chest. At the end of the year or lose it. 
That rule should also be in force the fact that I forget about a rule and don't enforce it does not mean u can get away with braking it.
Money will be adjust all fund if u were above 50m in your cap at end of year will be lost. Period You don't like right up a rule to fix it. That simple 
I post up rule only for guys to say no change no change well shoe is on other side let's follow the rules in place. There no rollover in baseball it a War Chest cap 50 can go in at end of year. Anything above that u lose.

Now

I don't have the time to track fa and dont want to. but like I told JI if your called out you need to make sure u have the $ out to bid or bid no good. At processing you must be sure u have $ or lose the bid.

This is not a loop hole thing, the rule is in place this way and i have been forget to enforce. 

[ltr]3-1. Team Salary[/ltr]

[ltr]About Team Salary: teams will be issued a cap of 175 for every yr, exp teams in 2012 160[/ltr]
[ltr]Bonuses: Teams will also be able to earn bonuses for performance and players that attract fans to the ballpark.[/ltr]

[ltr]3-3. War Chest (Rollover Salary)[/ltr]

[ltr]All teams have a war chest which will reserve money that was not spent from each season. Teams can only make deposits after the season ends, but can withdraw any amount at any time. The maximum a team can deposit into their war chest is $50M (after each season) and the maximum the war chest can be at any time is $250M.[/ltr]

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:10 am

Wait what?

So you're saying that because the rule says $175 cap, that it also says guys have to withdraw the money from warchest first?

Then we could also say that no one can go over $175 mil ever regardless if they have more warchest.  The cap is $175 and that is that so all you guys that have all that warchest money are screwed!!   Razz

There is no rule about this that I can see.  

But honestly I don't care here.  Either guys just withdraw as Dan wants you to or Dan just be reasonable. 

Either way, this is a thread about nothing because it's not worth our time.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:14 am

no the cap starts at 175 then is increased by bonuses awarded, then you can increase that by whatever number u like from your chest. you can withdraw when ever you like. but you can only deposit 50M at the end of the year.

you must have $ to cover all bids in your Current Cap Balance.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:22 am

Does the rules say we can increase it by whatever we want from warchest?

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny B on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:31 am

This needs to go up for vote asap. There's no language in the rules that addresses this. Obviously there are some differences in opinion. It's somewhat of a big deal too. 

If I have $1M available now (aka in my pocket), and $200M sitting in my warchest (aka bank account), I dont think I should be required to make a withdrawal to bid on a f/a. If I win the bid, then that's when the war chest should be used.

I can see not being able to bid when NO money is available to cover all bids. We've always used that.

My feelings anyway.
Johnny B

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:35 am

I agree with Bravo. This is just a rule to simplify the process. Doesn't help or hurt anybody.

Vote to amend current rule. It either stays or changes!
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:42 am

DmanofGod1 wrote:Does the rules say we can increase it by whatever we want from warchest?

The rule doesn't state that so it's up to the GM. Darrin can transfer his entire warchest into his current cap. It just means he needs to spend all but $50m by the end of the year or he will lose any amount over 50m. 

Again, unnecessary math for bidding on FA.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:57 am

What I'm saying is...

We are just all assuming what we can do since the rules are so ambiguous about warchest, basically pulling what we want out of them.

I can do that too!!  

The cap is $175 fools!!  No one can go over $175 so all that warchest money is wasted!!!!   You might say, "well that's what the warchest was created for"

Sorry, rules don't say that! !!!!!!!!!!!!  Rules say cap is $175!

Razz

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnny B on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:16 pm

DmanofGod1 wrote:What I'm saying is...

We are just all assuming what we can do since the rules are so ambiguous about warchest, basically pulling what we want out of them.

I can do that too!!  

The cap is $175 fools!!  No one can go over $175 so all that warchest money is wasted!!!!   You might say, "well that's what the warchest was created for"

Sorry, rules don't say that! !!!!!!!!!!!!  Rules say cap is $175!

Razz
"Cap" should never be used in this league. It should state an X amount of $$$ a team is allotted. There is no CAP.

Language is important!
Johnny B

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:41 pm

DmanofGod1 wrote:Does the rules say we can increase it by whatever we want from warchest?
Under the war chest section u are allow to withdraw $ as many times as u want in whatever amount. But only one depoist at end of season

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Sure withdraw all you want. 

But the cap is $175

Dems da rules

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:53 pm

Yes, it's semantics at this point. Cap is not the correct term. It's more of an "allowance" that each team gets every year, $175M.
Then whatever bonuses you earn, money traded or saved, gets added to your balance.

We all get that. Now let's just get rid of the extra step in transferring money to your available season's cash to appease the bank, even though you're sitting on x amount in your warchest. This is not bitcoins were talking about.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:01 pm

My cap a couple of year ago ended up being like 246, haha

EDIT- 252 n change lol

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:08 pm

Yea it's all semantics at this point.

The rules are not clear here as I believe I've presented.

So I agree Tim.  This should be voted on.

So i make the third.  We need a fourth owner for this to be taken to a vote.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top