PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Game Protest

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Protest

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:24 am

In 'real life' teams can make a protest to the commish if they think their game has had an unfair act in it.

I may have to send a protest to the commish this week (altho im playing him) if Reynolds has a great game today and those stats cost me the matchup.

It is my strong belief that the trade with kc makes our players elg for today, given that the trade was agreed to before the end of sunday's business day on yahoo.

While this protest will be most likely be ruled the other way, just wanna have it logged for the record's sake, should I indeed need to file one.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Re: Game Protest

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:00 am

I thought the trade should have gone through yesterday too since it was finalized on sunday, has monday to clear and players used tuesday.

I'm not commish though so its up to him.

I'm sure on Bravo's page it says the deal went through 2:33AM monday which is where the controversy arrives.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:02 am

TRADING DEADLINE IS 9PM PST 12EST. if you follow base ball you know that! just amend the rule so that we all know all deadline time are EST. no if and or butts. yeah yahoo is midnight but we only use yahoo to play the league, and not to run the league. really JI you know that fucken Reynolds we strike out four time anyways.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:46 am

The rule is 24 hours from when the deal was agreed by all teams involved. Timezones have nothing to do with it

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:01 am

but why do we have to wait to make the transaction if the players in the transaction don't play til 2 days after the trade was agreed upon. make a deal at 9:30 PM. exchange players anytime the next day and the same thing will happen. complete the transaction at 5:30 AM or 11:00PM the effect is the same there is no difference.

We are not all real GM's this isn't our life so when we get a chance we do the transactions, makes sense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:14 am

Listen, I don't get paid to do this. I'm constantly trying to better this league. When I was asked to make this league, I did it with the intentions of doing it right. A commissioner is supposed to enforce the rule book. That's all I am doing. I have shit to do too. I put a lot of hours into this league. The contracts, forum, rule book, making sure everything is right. I have a fuckn life too! This is why I'm resigning. I don't need shit from anyone. This is supposed to be enjoyment for me, not aggre vation. If I point out something that is not going along with the rules, I shouldn't get shit. With all the time I deserve a little respect.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 am

I totally respect ya, no doubt about that and don't want to lose you as commish but I really just don't see the point of not being able to complete a transaction anytime the next day after it has been approved. Not trying to argue but it doesn't make sense that it has to be 24 hours from the time it was agreed upon if when the transaction are made they don't take effect until at least 24 hours and 1 minute have passes.

If I make a deal at 9 in the morning I dont get the guys at 9 in the morning the next day, I have to wait til 12 AM for them to be on my roster. so really I have to wait 39 hours which makes sense. IMO anytime the NEXT DAY should be fine but its whatever.

Just as you adjust the roster page before 24 hours I see no reason to wait that long if it doesn't make a difference.

The only thing I can see is as if the were real and if you don't make the transaction before the day is out it is as if they couldn't get the player to the park in time to play after he was traded, if this is your rationale then I understand but if not it doesn't have logic backing it.

But never get it wrong I appreciate everything you do for all leagues JB, I know you have a life too so lets have fun, would be nice to get you back as commish

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:38 am

The rule was made for 24 hours so the tc would have time. If someone makes a trade they're gonna be after the tc members to get it approved. For instance the time in hoops when you said, hey how come u approved their trade and not mine. This way, everyone is on equal ground. 24 hours and its the same for everyone. We all work and have timezone differences. If mark approves my trade at 9am and misses yours at 10pm, it could cause controversy. That is why the rule is there. Since the rule IS there... I enforce it.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:42 am

One last question, can we at least drop the players early so that when that time comes around we can pick the guys up and not worry about the other team? Don't see why that would be a problem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:45 am

and not trying to bust your balls but I just looked back at a transaction between you and I, the trade was made at 5:47 PM may 10 and you picked up Hoffman at 4:02 PM May 11. so this is an inconsistent message.
Basically just saying that we have all done it.

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:13 am

Alright, JB was trying to make a point with this trade/waiver issue that we need to follow the rules. That is why they're there. I made a mistake, I'm sure we all have made a mistake or two in this league, including JB.

We're all learning and getting used to some things as they occur. Now that I understand the trade issue, I can see why JB locked some teams to enforce the rules in place. I think it would be fair to say that JB would've acted in the same manner had the trade (Reynolds) not affected his match-up. Someone's gotta do the dirty work and unfortunaltely, we've been a little careless lately (I'm one of them).

It's clear that this is all for fun, nobody gets paid, and we all have our own lives. On that note, this league wouldn't be the same if JB wasn't the commish so JB, think of this as the west coast boys trying to get even with you after the Celtics beat their ass on Sunday! No need to leave. Reinstate yourself...you've created this with all the time and energy over the winter (if not longer), don't let it go just bc of somebody else venting.

We're all poking fun at JI so I hope he doesn't take it personally. Let's round up the troops and avoid something as stupid as not understanding the rules get in the way of a great league with great owners.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 am

mavwar53 wrote:and not trying to bust your balls but I just looked back at a transaction between you and I, the trade was made at 5:47 PM may 10 and you picked up Hoffman at 4:02 PM May 11. so this is an inconsistent message.

Yes, any deals like that are fine. That 1 hour doesn't make a difference. This deal is a day early my time which reflects rosters

I could careless about reynolds and if I win or lose. I care about the rules.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:24 am

Bravo wrote:
mavwar53 wrote:and not trying to bust your balls but I just looked back at a transaction between you and I, the trade was made at 5:47 PM may 10 and you picked up Hoffman at 4:02 PM May 11. so this is an inconsistent message.

Yes, any deals like that are fine. That 1 hour doesn't make a difference. These deals are a day early my time.

I could careless about reynolds and if I win or lose. I care about the rules.

Then this is a time zone issue, and I understand that, a day early your time, but mine and JI's it is the right time, but I think I said earlier that I thought this was the problem and it now turns out this is the problem. For the west coast this deal looks fine to have reynolds play today but east coast I hear ya, it looks like 2:36 June 7th and same day transaction, for us on west coast it is 11:36 June 6th so from what we see it looks as if he should have him on the 8th.

Now I can see where the 24 hours comes in but still, if JI made the transaction complete exactly at 24 hours he would have Reynolds to play for today so it kind of kills your argument.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:30 am

Mike, does your changes past 9 until 12 reflect your lineups the next day? JI would have changed his shit if it was the 24 hour time at 11:31 or w/e would that reflect his roster for the next day? because on the east coast we are done at 12, but maybe yahoo rolls with the time zones and gives each zone its fair time to change things... if yahoo does that, then there is really no big problem, JI didnt follow the 24 hour rule, but apparently a few of us have done that, and if it doesnt affect the yahoo games at all, then we are fine... Either way, I personally agree with toronto, Bravo, i hope you reinstate yourself as commish as you have put all this work in, and we all really appreciate it!

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:59 am

ya, any adds before 12 AM are good to go for the next day, I think this is where the problem is, and I agree, Bravo you are a great commish, hope you come back and reinstate yourself as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Sometimes here I've added players in leagues right after midnight and it didn't reflect that days roster. I assume anything after midnight my time is gonna be on the following day. I'm not sure if yahoo uses the timezones we set in our preferences and gives us all to midnight in our own zone. It really wouldn't be fair if I got until 3am and someone else only got until midnight.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:48 pm

Yahoo uses times zones, that is why I said early that we may have to follow the MLB rule book trade deadline deal time. where its 9pm PST and Midnight EST. this way this problem can not happen again.

here is how i feel about this issue. trade was posted at the following time

by Integrity on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm (this is how it shows on west)
so if we follow the rule Monday at 11:31pm Reynolds could be added for a Tuesdays roster (i see OAK point, were players can be drop prior to 11:31pm, so that they are there to pick up at that time). Now the problem Bravo THE GREAT! is we don't have a trade cut off time. if your in the east you have to wait till weds, but since he is in the west what he did was not wrong.

I say let Reynolds stats count for Tuesday, because the rule was not actually broken. but we need to fix the rule and standardize our clock. any west coast move after 9pm pst is count as the next day. this will solve this problem. I still see you as the commish and i understand your point of view on this matter, but at the same time Rule was followed and the rule is flawed because of our time difference.

PS we should have standardize time in all league to prevent this issue ever again.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:50 pm

LA HELLFISH wrote:Yahoo uses times zones, that is why I said early that we may have to follow the MLB rule book trade deadline deal time. where its 9pm PST and Midnight EST. this way this problem can not happen again.

here is how i feel about this issue. trade was posted at the following time

by Integrity on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:31 pm (this is how it shows on west)
so if we follow the rule Monday at 11:31pm Reynolds could be added for a Tuesdays roster (i see OAK point, were players can be drop prior to 11:31pm, so that they are there to pick up at that time). Now the problem Bravo THE GREAT! is we don't have a trade cut off time. if your in the east you have to wait till weds, but since he is in the west what he did was not wrong.

I say let Reynolds stats count for Tuesday, because the rule was not actually broken. but we need to fix the rule and standardize our clock. any west coast move after 9pm pst is count as the next day. this will solve this problem. I still see you as the commish and i understand your point of view on this matter, but at the same time Rule was followed and the rule is flawed because of our time difference.

PS we should have standardize time in all league to prevent this issue ever again.

Agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm gonna work on it before I watch the c's stomp some yellow team

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:10 pm

So i guess that means Bravo is back with? Yip yip hooray! Ooops, I read too many of Sam's bday wishes.

Somebody take Jacoby off his team and make him a happy guy...I vote somebody from the west!
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:18 pm

Bravo is back...

Jacoby's tag just went up. Imagine that you are acquiring babe ruth in 1927.... now make me an offer!

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 pm

yeah, talked things out with bravo

we both overreacted, obv, but we both felt we were right when we thought we were dissed

it happens

just a misunderstanding/timing issue at play here

standard time for trades isnt too fair as east coast has an advantage of a few hours still

i think a vote to make all moves immediate upon approval is the best solution- but ONLY if everyone understands that not all trades may be approved right away, and that if it goes over 24 hours, we allow bravo to make a ruling and process if he sees fit

this would avoid any and all confusion in the future, imo

On a side note: it's kinda funny to see us all get pissed once in awhile and see how we act, aint it? haha, sorry, just tryin to laugh about this now

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Ok Biz!

Since I'm always available I could do a temp approval if 2 tc members aren't reachable. This way the deal can be posted and changes made asap. If there was a veto then we'd have to reverse it

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:50 pm

that works too

just think that is a better solution than u having to worry about times, as that's really not fair for you and i can see how annoying it must be

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm not trying to open a new can of worms but I agree with Hellfish that we should just follow mlb's 9PM PST/12 AM EST deadline.

Yeah, JB is always available and the TC has been very quick at approving trades but what if JB can't do the temp approval or if only 1 TC has voted approved and the others just couldn't get to it...then you've got 2 teams lingering...another scenario is a trade gets a temp approval but then it is vetoed. Who wants to go through stats to try and reverse scores or if no game has been played yet, then players can't be added back to their team on the same day for stats. All these potential scenarios can happen so that's why I think one clear 24 hr deadline is the easiest to follow. No grey area!

Al the rest of the north american sports world can live by EST, why can't we do it for fantasy?
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:04 pm

thats why i propose if it takes longer than 24 hours, bravo can make a unilateral ruling

that covers any confusion

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:15 pm

yeah, it makes sense that if it goes over 24 hours, Bravo will make that temp decision. However, if you stick with your point about making roster moves once TC has approved the trade, then that can be anywhere between one hour after a trade is posted to 23 hours. That difference is much more than the 3 hours for time zones.

Also, you can't promise that some owners will feel their trades are taking longer to approve than others if it just so happens that way. Then you have fingers pointing at one another and claims of stalling and being unfair, then Jb has to get involved and then we'd probably go back to the standard 24 hour period anyway...then JI goes on a rant and deja vu!

24 hours! Keep it simple!
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:18 pm

well, i dont mean bravo making ruling after 24 hours to be temp, i'd mean that it'd be FINAL

if TC isnt around for 24 hours, he should be able to make decision on his own, imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:24 pm

How does the time deadline work? If I complete a trade at830pm est...do I get approval within a half hour?

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:17 pm

if two members are online, sure

if not, if its 8 30 the next day and theres no movement on it, then the commish acts unilaterally

with u being the commish, you'd have to wait on TC, so to be fair to you, if it's 24 hours, ANY tc should be able to approve/disapprove when you're involved in a deal

i think making "process upon approval" is much better than status quo, as there are fewer issues with this than there are on tme zone differences and commish having to keep track of times

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top