PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Game Protest

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Game Protest

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Bravo wrote:How does the time deadline work? If I complete a trade at830pm est...do I get approval within a half hour?

I meant for the rule be what it currently is/was...but to clarify that it takes 24 hours (one full day) before we can make the roster changes. So in order to get everybody on the same page for when each day ends, it would be 9PM PST and 12AM EST. Just reiterating Hellfish's point.

So the Reynold's trade which was posted on June 6th at 11:31pm PST (June 7th 2:31am EST) must wait 24 hours, that's June 7th at 11:31pm PST (the day for June 7th already ended) so yahoo roster add for Reynolds must be on June 8th. All this has already been mentioned in previous posts!!!

If we all know the daily trade deadline, then there's no excuse. I don't think anybody makes a trade to get a guy in their lineup for the next immediate day.
If you want to compare about how real-life trades don't have to wait for a 24 hour period before a player can be added to a team, well then you can also make the argument that most players when traded don't the very next day...some trades are pending physicals/travel time to get the player to their new team.

This is not for personal preference...I just think that keeping the original rules but stating clearly the END time for each day will be less of a hassle in the long run and no uncertainity or favouritsm to alleged. It is what it is...I think JB (and the rest of us) has enough schooling to figure out the time zone difference between EST, PST, and CST. It's by the hour, we're not dealing with 23 minutes and 42 seconds of a time difference between zones.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:18 pm

we didnt do next immediate day tho, we added next business day (which fell within 24) and then got to use the guys a day later

id personally prefer not to do time zones as even if its 12 est and 9/10 out west, that still gives the east an advantage, no matter how u slice it

if its 9 pm for east coast deals and 9 pm for west coast deals, then thats fair

just think its better to eliminate the time zone element altogether.

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:55 am

I'm okay with 9pm EST and 9pm PST to make things fair...just my opinion tho. I mean, just get the deal done before 9pm if you really want that player in your lineup asap.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top