TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

MiLB Late Season Call-Up / Expanded Roster (Rule Suggestion)

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MiLB Late Season Call-Up / Expanded Roster (Rule Suggestion)

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:04 pm

what i would love to actual see is last 3 week expanded roster. from 40 to 50 (10 would be our AA roster). so our Yahoo, our AAA and our AA

The AA would still be listed on MiLB section of our contract page (which we would updated prior to week 20).
Now if any AA is use in week 20-22 (last three week) on your Yahoo roster (25 man) you get the 400K processing fee but contract clock DON"T Start.

Now for playoff you go back to 40 Man roster. NO AA players unless you call up to 40 Man roster and at which time your RK contract will begin.

DL exception to replace hurt or shutdown player on 25Man with no back up on 40 man roster - can only use FA Pool for DL Exception.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: MiLB Late Season Call-Up / Expanded Roster (Rule Suggestion)

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:21 pm

I am 10000000000% in agreement to this.

If the player is good enough to be on your playoff squad, then the trade off of it starting the RK contract is fair. 

It keeps from any exploitation from happening, and allows everyone a chance to more use the AA types. We may even get the non-playoff type teams using some AA guys as spoilers, or even just as replacements without having to sign players. 

Either way, it should be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:59 pm

Interesting
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:42 pm

I like it.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OrganizedConfusion5 on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:46 pm

I am happy hockey is not as complex
OrganizedConfusion5
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:12 pm

Yeah, Hockey/Hoops/Football are all complex and in depth, but Baseball is just ultimate complex and in depth. 

But that's just the nature of how baseball operates. 

Gotta love it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:23 pm

How do we feel about Stantons case? Placed on DL, supposed to return, now ruled out for the year, does that allow for a milb call up exemption? Since I didn't sign anyone expecting him to return before playoffs

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:18 pm

I would say that the reports of him done for the year should allow you to bring someone up.

However, should Stanton return and you have someone up, you would not have the option of using Stanton, should he somehow return.

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Wait a sec. I thought the rookie DL exemption was for somebody off your 25-man? I've got anibal Sanchez in aaa who went on the DL and could've used a rookie call-up too. But didn't because he wasn't on my 25-man.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Buchholz also was in the same situation as Stanton, only that they ended his season a little earlier. I was waiting for him to return too but that's the risk I took by not finding an upgrade or replacement.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Tulo about to be declared out for the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:53 pm

Cracked shoulder blade. Fk! Hopefully he can come back?

Now that would warrant a Philly exemption call-up!
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:54 pm

When the wind blows, I hear faint whispers.....

Baaaaaeeeeeeezzzzzzz

Baaaaaeeeeeeezzzzzzz

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Sick SOB was praying for somebody to get hurt for a call-up. How do you sleep at night?
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:39 am

Tulo has a timetable of 2-3 weeks. No DL with expanded rosters. I should be able to call up Baez anyway as the exemption

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:54 am

That's a problem with this rule. Only for a week after this rule does this even apply because teams stop putting players on DL when rosters expand.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:42 am

Nope u have a 40 man roster too. Expect ion only for dl or shut down for season

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:43 am

No one stoping anyone from starting the click on there minors

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:50 am

So where is the ruling on Stanton being ruled out for the season recently. Just let me know if I can call up 1 or 2 guys without starting their clocks (Stanton and Tulo injuries).

I'm not Wasting an entire year for 2 weeks of playing time (not even during the season.)

DmanofGod1 "That's a problem with this rule.  Only for a week after this rule does this even apply because teams stop putting players on DL when rosters expand."

this rule is essentially pointless if it can't be used for injuries, DL or not. If you need me to not play these players even if they come back at some point then so be it.

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Look commission has right to approve player being placed on 60DL if that what your asking then u need to post on 60 Dl and your back up info showing he is out. As for guys on 15dl we have a 40 man roster that you playoff teams should have used. U not calling up a player to win it all is your call not my call.lets follow the rule as they are on the books now. I suggusted the rule above

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:25 pm

My issue with Stanton and guys already on the DL is that they you knew they were injured. The exemption rule for minors should be guys that go down once FA ends.

The exepmtion was to allow you to bring up minor without clock starting instead of signing a minim 200K replacement.

If the guy was on the DL already, he didn't impact your 25-man roster. So I didn't bother doing anything with Buchholz for that reason. Now he's no longer a good example anyways since they say he may be able to return now.

Either way, Dan's right on this. No abuse of the system. If you really want to bring up a minor, burn his 1st year. Nobody has done it yet but who knows….it could happen, "MATZ"
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:35 pm

Playoff usage in pursuit of a title is worth a whole year since this is the part of the year that matters most.

With that said, the Tulo thing has him all but shut down, and I think could be an exemption, as there is no 15 day DL in sept, so you'd need commish discretion on this, and based on the reports, you may have a good case (not sure if dan has seen tulo full report before commenting)

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Tulu is a new injury and yes if he is out for projected two weeks. Then yes u can place on 15DL and use our rule

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:46 pm

As much as I hate sticking up for this, we gotta be fair to Darrin since the others used it, but here's the wording on Tulo:

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that Troy Tulowitzki (shoulder) could return in 2-3 weeks.
Things are still up in the air, as Olney says the club expects to know more in the next few days, but a 2-3 week absence appears to be the best-case scenario. The shortstop suffered muscle bruises on his upper back and a small crack in his left scapula when he collided with teammate Kevin Pillar on Saturday. Since Toronto won't place Tulowitzki on the disabled list with expanded rosters, it's going to be hard for those in redraft leagues to justify hanging on to him. The last day of the regular season is three weeks away.

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:47 pm

I'm okay with Tulo as his case is equivalent to 15 DL.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:58 pm

I don `t know if I`m missing something here but this minor league call up is messed up. Why should a team be able to call up a milb stud for nothing when they have capable players on their 40 man to replace the injured players. Imo if you call them up and have players to replace the DL ones you start his clock.  Now if all those options are exhausted then yes call them up.
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:22 pm

You are right.

It is something that needs to be amended, as this was something that was not well thought when discussed/voted before.

Dan has an idea of what he'd like to do, but we have to wait 'til off-season. 

Til then, Sud gets by with the Correa Cash-In.

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:16 am

Well again, MLB teams get three years of rookies making around 500k and then three arb years. I don't know why we have 4 arb years.

So being able to call up a guy in the last month without it taking up a year is a small concession.

Either that or we need to correct our rookie contract so so we have 3 arb years instead of 4. Rookie extensions are nice but MLB teams all around the league give their players extensions. The Indians just extended Carrasco and Kluber and now they look like steals of contracts with the way they pitched this year.

If teams are forced to use up a year to call them up during playoff time, then you basically only get one freaking year when a player is not making arb money which is ridiculous compared to MLB. The Astros will have Correa 6 1/2 years on his rookie contract which is impossible in our league. We have complaints for 6 years and 1 month.

So if this rule is reversed then I'll propose to correct rookie contracts to make them more MLB realistic.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:29 am

My point is that a rookie shouldn`t be able to be called up and not start the clock for a DL replacement when you have capable players on your 40 man is wrong.
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:10 am

Well, it's no different than MLB teams. During playoffs, rosters are expanded and the teams play the best players, not keep the rookies down because they have other capable players.

Why are there so many September call ups? Because they can call up these rookies (who are better than what they had) and the teams still get three more non arbitration years with this late call ups.

If the clocks are forced to start in September, our league gets one more non arbitration year instead of three

Wtf...

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top