TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

MiLB Late Season Call-Up / Expanded Roster (Rule Suggestion)

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: MiLB Late Season Call-Up / Expanded Roster (Rule Suggestion)

Post by DmanofGod1 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:09 pm

No rules exploited here. I just want our league realistic, not just made up rules based on everyone's moral judgments.

Our arb system is wrong. Our service time rules are wrong. And the thing is, had they been what MLBs were in the first place, no one would have thought twice. Don't get me wrong, Bravo did a good job but there have been plenty of fixes so if I have a vote, I'm gonna lean towards correcting inconsistencies.

I had no problem correcting and leading the charge on raising arb numbers to a realistic number.

Not everything has to be like MLB but if it isnt, I need a good fantady reason why they arent. I have not received one.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Well...our service time is what it is.

And our clocks are what they are.

Could/should they be changed, sure.

But that doesn't change the fact that we had a rule in place for pure exemptions, but it has been abused/exploited in order to get usage without a clock. 

We have been over this already, so to prevent from talking in circles, it is time for solutions. Wouldn't you agree?

We have the a) Let it be solution, b) Dan's solution, c) My compromise, or d) Something else.

I understand you may not vote for my compromise, but I ask, "Why not?" This current rule of any injury means any callup goes against the intention of the exemption. If we go Dan's way, it's playoff usage = service clock. At least in my way, you'll get your 3 weeks of any and all rooks, and only then for playoffs if pure exemption, unless you want to burn a year. 

But to propose that you should get a playoff run with virtually no trade off is unrealistic.

You bring up MLB, but they have the rules that state the player must be on 25 man prior to Aug 31, so the Sept 1 guys like Seager are inelg. Now, they do have the exemption, I believe, that does allow those guys in case of injury.

But that's the exact same thing we are trying to do here, IN CASE OF INJURY, so when someone is really needed, not to bypass a completely other healthy guy to get a more preferable option in without burning a year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:19 pm

Alright, I just got off the phone with the birthday boy. How cool is it that he spends his drive time on his bday calling me to discuss stuff? Haha.

In any event, I think he may have found the solution to satisfy people, and he will put it up here tomorrow if he's comfortable with it. 

So I will refrain commenting until he does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:38 pm

You know Dustin ever since you came to this league you`ve been lobbying for change. We for the most part were comfortable with the rules the way they were albeit some needed changes. This league is about 16 guys not just you and your best interest. I know I`m the grumpy old man that doesn`t like change but you trying to get your way to mirror the  MLB is unrealistic. If you don`t like the set up here maybe you should find or start a league that you can have it all your way.
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:56 pm

I have my own opinion and you have yours.

When I disagree with you, I just disagree. I certainly don't tell you to go somewhere else. I just present my reason why. I've always tried to be respectful of you.

I don't leave when a vote doesn't go my way but I'm allowed to have my own opinion...Mark. You always say we can't always be like MLB or we can't mirror MLB but you don't give any reason why to back that up especially in this particular case. You just get really angry and hope your anger sways people like a bully.

At least JI presents intelligent arguments.

No reason to make it personal.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:46 pm

I shouldn`t have to give any reasons why it`s impossible to mirror MLB. We are suppose to be intelligent people here. It`s pretty clear why. I`m not bullying anyone just being very emphatic in  how I feel. So if that bothers you so be it.

The reason for my last departure was personal and none of your business or anyone else`s for that fact.  So saying I quit for not getting my way couldn`t be farther from the truth. So  before you accuse me of something have all the facts.
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:48 pm

I also will not be voting for anything that burns a year for 1-3 weeks or forces you to call up someone the following season (realizing most will have to anyhow) but on the off chance  he's still AA eligible and sent down to minors in real life. 

I get some people have exploited the rule in the eyes of others, which is why I understand the desire to amend it. I don't think drastic changes are needed, just some tightening up of the language.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:53 pm

I have no idea what you are talking about Mark lol.  I didn't know anything about you quitting anywhere.

There it is again... your reason of why in this instance we cannot mirror MLB

...well F Dustin, you should just be intelligent enough to know the reason why and know why I feel this way lol.  I shouldn't have to tell you.  (AKA...no reason at all)

Wtf haha.

I'm messing. This ain't that serious and we just disagree. No big deal.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:57 pm

Alright, to try ending this, I will give part of Dan's idea (If I understand that vato correctly)

Basically, in creating this rule, we didn't fully mirror MLB, as altho they do have inj exceptions, the only way they have those inj exceptions for the Sept 1 guys is if they need them for playoffs. They do not get an exemption on say Sept 7, and then when October rolls around, get to keep out a healthy guy in favor of the rook.

So in that sense, our Rivalry Weeks of 20-22 will be like the MLB Sept, and this is where any and all rooks get used. And then, if an exemption is needed when submitting playoff rosters (just like real life) then it is granted. And if not, you choose to burn your year if you want.

But Dan really liked Dustin's idea of having it where they can get usage, but must call up to start the following year. 

I think there was something else he wanted to work on/think about, which is why I was going to wait on him to give his full plan, but rather than read the back n forth of what's currently being discussed, I figured I would share this. 

So, if you want a fantasy or MLB reason, there you have it. We mirror MLB with Rivalry Weeks being like MLB Sept with expanded roster, and then use the exemption for playoff only.

If your guy is hurt on Week 20/21 or so, but returns before Week 23 playoffs, then you are good with your orig player, and do not get to use the exemptions to "get someone in" during that time and get free carry-over.

Instead, you get the exemption for the playoffs if needed. 

And again, I think there may have been another element or so Dan wanted to add/think about it, but you cannot say that Rivalry Weeks being like MLB Sept or having exemption for playoffs isn't unrealistic, as it is the MLB model put in fantasy form here. 

Also, I think the other element Dan wanted (but I'll let him clarify) was that if the injury during last reg season week for us took guy off 25 man, then when submitting playoff roster, you can put rook in place of other AAA guy. (I think)

Either way, he will have his formal announcement of his idea tomorrow, unless he changes his mind or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by expos on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:15 am

I didn't read through the million threads and suggestions so I apologize if this has been mentioned. Has

"sept 1st call ups are permitted with no years of service regardless of injury"

been mentioned? 

Allow rebuilding teams to get their feet wet and use those young guns. Allow teams with great young depth to use it. What's the big deal. No sketchy injury debates. Come sept 1st our roster increase to include minors.

Go expos and jays. (Except Bautista this week only)
expos
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:08 am

OK, like JI pointed above. here something that can work for all.

1) week 20-22. All player on roster 40Man & MiLB can be used. and rookie deal called up will be the Pay Period 2 ($200K) but clock will not start.

2) any Rookie Player, used in week 20-22 Contract will begin the following season. (Unless Player has season ending Injury prior to the start of next season and will not play then clock start once returns from Injury).

3) Playoff roster submitted in week 22 (25 Man/40 Man-AAA). if you have any player on the list that is on the DL that was part of your 25 Man at anytime during the season, you can then use DL Rule to Sign a replacement FA or Use a Rookie (Clock Does Not Start).

4) No Fine(s) issued during Playoff Race Weeks 20-22 & Playoffs.

5) 15 DL approval system. if player is hurt in Sept. and out for at least 5 days you can post to BOS 15DL but that player must sit 15 days regardless of when his MLB return is. when hurt if report show that player will be out for atleast 2 week you are allowed to post to BOS DL.

6) 60DL (does not really matter in week 20-22) but for playoffs. if player is shut down for year or hurt and will not return that season. you are allow to post player on 60DL, but proof must be posted and it must be 100% not coming back.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:03 pm

I see people not like point 2, as I believe Dustin's suggestion on that was only for players who were granted the exception. And I would agree, as the Sept 1 guys in real life are not bound to start the following year with the big club.

However, although the real life guys are not bound to start the following year with the new club, if they are granted the exemption for our playoffs, the trade off is that they do start the new year with the club.

So, all other rooks in weeks 20-22 are free to be used and do not have to start the next year with the big club, but those granted the exception have to.

How about that?

The rest of your proposal is great, and thanks again for taking time to figure it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:58 pm

Integrity wrote:I see people not like point 2, as I believe Dustin's suggestion on that was only for players who were granted the exception. And I would agree, as the Sept 1 guys in real life are not bound to start the following year with the big club.

However, although the real life guys are not bound to start the following year with the new club, if they are granted the exemption for our playoffs, the trade off is that they do start the new year with the club.

So, all other rooks in weeks 20-22 are free to be used and do not have to start the next year with the big club, but those granted the exception have to.

How about that?

The rest of your proposal is great, and thanks again for taking time to figure it out.

That work. RK use in 20-22 no clock any year. RK used in Playoff with DL clock begin following year?
i like that better.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:00 pm

I think I'm on board. As far as I can tell

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:13 pm

Yep.

This gives the realism factor, and the fantasy factor.

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:54 pm

I like the majority of this. I'm not a fan of clause 2, as players are not guaranteed to start the next season on their big league roster. Mike Trout had 120 at bats in 2011, making him still rookie eligible in our league, and spent the first 20 games of 2012 in the minors. This also applies to Dilson Herrera, Andrew Heaney, presumably Joey Gallo, and a whole host of others.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:35 pm

thephilipbrown wrote:I like the majority of this. I'm not a fan of clause 2, as players are not guaranteed to start the next season on their big league roster. Mike Trout had 120 at bats in 2011, making him still rookie eligible in our league, and spent the first 20 games of 2012 in the minors. This also applies to Dilson Herrera, Andrew Heaney, presumably Joey Gallo, and a whole host of others.
we are close to figuring it out.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top