PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Revenue Sharing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Revenue Sharing

Post by jimmym91 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:16 am

Obviously, I benefit from this suggestion now but hopefully will not in the future. 

I was reading about the Greinke deal and how the Diamondbacks have received a large amount of money the last few years in revenue deals which allowed them to stockpile some cash for a Free Agent signing. It got me thinking about our league and how we reward teams for winning the division and having players of the week/month and nifty little bonuses that go with those. 

My idea would be to have a little boost to the teams that finish last in the standings (thereby drawing "lesser" crowds and being like a smaller market team in the MLB). My proposal is that we give them a small boost to their current season spending cap (EX: Last place gets $3M second to last get $2.75M and so on) that they get as a "we pity your plight, here's some money to make you feel better about sucking" so that the team can go just a little extra on a free agent to make their team better. 

Just an idea, wouldn't care either way, just throwing it out there
jimmym91
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Revenue Sharing

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:20 am

Love the creativity of it, but we are heading in the era of "Too much extra money" as it is.

Plus, the lower teams get the best picks, yadda yadda. 

With that said, there could be room to consider something of this if a team has certain amount allocated.

Because I mean, if you are a low team, but stand to have 120 in warchest/season funds the following year, the pittance is not needed.

But say your bank has less than 40 (or some other arbitrary number) and your season balance has less than 40 as well (or another arbitrary number), then that suggestion makes sense and could be workable. 

It's just, if a guy has like 100mil or so, adding another 3, 4, or whatever isn't really necessary. 

Very open to this if the losing team's money situation proves necessary for tiny boost.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmym91 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:25 am

You bring up a good point, the money wouldn't necessarily help a team if they've moved all of their contracts.
jimmym91
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:29 am

Yeah, but if they have $$$$ allocated and still losing, then they are trying and deserve the help.

Like, the Marlins in real life shouldn't be getting money until they spend more in earnest, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:30 am

But like, take Dan (TJ).

He is probably THE WORST FANTASY GM ever. 

But he spends his dough, tries really hard, but just never can get it done.

He deserves all of our pity, and some extra BoSWelfare money.

But not actual money, because he'd spend it on beer n fake boobs for one of his ladies.

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:34 am

Yea, in reality it should be the other way around.  

The losing teams should lose money for not putting together a winning squad (aka less fans coming to ballpark)

Sure there is revenue sharing but still the lower market teams have less money than larger market.  Revenue sharing is just to help even the playing field.  In our league, everyone gets same money regardless so no need to revenue share.

Like I said, not that I'm in favor of it but if we wanted to simulate MLB, non competitive teams should lose money to simulate less fans watching a losing team.  Not the other way around.  Guys aren't spending the money they have anyway.  I'm one of the only ones that spend their money every year.  That's not on our cap, that's on our owners lol.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:36 am

I don't want to be in a league where you get gold stars for poor results.

You didn't use the money you had wisely...aw... let's give you some more so you can misuse that too.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:37 am

Participation trophies!

Bahahaha!

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmym91 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:49 am

I agree, I didn't take into account that we all have an equal cap whereas the MLB has variable. Good point. I would vote no on my own rule suggestion haha
jimmym91
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmym91 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:50 am

I also HATE participation trophies.
jimmym91
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:52 am

Let's make our participation trophies Carolina blue in honor of Jimmy Low Balls for his outstanding suggestion  Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:59 am

No quite Carolina blue, but this is to honor your first year here in BoS, Jimmy:

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:18 am

Btw, good job on the Seager for Devers and a whole lot more trade. I wouldn't trade Devers straight up for only a Seager matching ticket.  PB must have his reasons.

I hated to type "approve" on that one.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:25 am

Loved that deal as well.

Helped get me my Miggy deal, altho Seager deal netted much more. 

I liked it for PB only because it shows he's finally gonna deal from that farm for some big ticket big league items. That was refreshing to see.

But yeah, Devers was a very nice get.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmym91 on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:52 pm

Integrity wrote:No quite Carolina blue, but this is to honor your first year here in BoS, Jimmy:

jimmym91
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:56 pm

Hahahha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down