PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Max Contract Offers/RFA rule talk

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Max Contract Offers/RFA rule talk

Post by Xezus on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:18 pm

I would like to start a discussion about the current rule where offering max contracts to your own RFA's and having that still count as one of your three matches.

Currently the rule reads:"If a team offers one of their RFA’s a maximum contract the player will not see free agency and the max contract becomes official (one of the RFA matches is still used)."

Offering your own player the most money he could possibly be making in the whole league, should not in my opinion count as matching an RFA offer.  The original owner is already paying the maximum price they can by offering up the contract themselves. These max contracts would not recieve any hometown discounts (as it would be a MAX contract), so I think this removal of counting an RFA would be considered the hometown discount.

Thoughts?

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Max Contract Offers/RFA rule talk

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:37 pm

Well...it is because instead of letting him get bid up and you match to keep, you just bid max, and keep anyway. 

This is for the obvious types like Stanton n such (that could and should have just been given 6/150 before FA)

If we allow teams to offer their RFA's max, and still have 3 other matches, then they can be guaranteed to protect more than 3, which creates imbalance later. 

Or well, could.

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:50 pm

I like the rule as is. The idea is that we're limiting how many players you can keep on your team, max contract or not.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:32 pm

I see both sides and agree with Eric. What if we were able to offer a max to one guy but a second counts as a match. 

I don't think it creates imbalance bc can only roster so many max guys at a time (unless you talk others into paying for them)
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:35 pm

It is an imbalance because the rule means protecting 3 RFA's....period.

If you max one guy right away without it counting as a match, but then match 3 other guys (at 12.5 or 5 or whatever), you will have kept 4 (or possibly more) guys total, which is an imbalance. 

Giving a Stanton type a max deal (when we see they get max offers) BEFORE FA in order to just protect them before exposing them would be circumventing the rule, as again, the idea is to protect 3 guys for sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top