PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

? about Signing Released Players

View previous topic View next topic Go down

? about Signing Released Players

Post by HELLFISH on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:34 pm

Signing Released Players: If a new team signs a player that has been released, but still under contract, the original team pays the difference between the player's new salary and the player’s old salary plus $400k (1 time transaction fee). E.g. Team A waives a player who is owed 1 year $10M, Team B signs the player for 1 year $3M. Team A is only responsible for $7M of the contract + $400k. Note: After a team releases a player, they may choose to use a contract buyout. If a contract is bought out, teams cannot set of the difference if a new team signs the player.

above is the rule and i have no problem with it. my question comes up with the signing of Nick Masset CIN RP.

I have a contract with him for 2year 2M (2010 1M, 2011 1M). I dropped him and paying his deal.
Now Bravo has signed him for 1 year 400K. and i know that is the amount of my 1 time transaction fee).

so here is my questions (i will assume he stays on Bravo's team for 2010). If nick is signed by any team next year does that that money offset my contract? since the one time transaction now been issued.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: ? about Signing Released Players

Post by Admin on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:13 pm

its a one time fee for the signing... not for your release.

if nick masset was signed and released 20 times this year and next year for 400k you would get nothing.

if i signed him for 2y 800k per... there would be the fee (400k) then you could offset 400k this year and 800k next year.

1y/400k you get nothing whether it's once or 100 times.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:49 pm

ok, i just want to clerify the rule. i guess the way you worded the (1 time transaction fee) was what i did not understand.
suggest you change wording to (1 time transaction fee per future contract(s) signed). this way it never a question.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:59 pm

i suggest you kiss my ass!

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down