Post by bshirt7 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Accept
bshirt7
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Michigan/Los Angeles Hoops Deal

Post by thebarnes23 on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:02 pm

Not to be an asshole but there's been trades vetoed before. What the hell does Michigan get out of this? I recall a couple of my own. Lebron is a first round talent and one of the better players in the league and he's been sent for some bench warmers. Not even any prospects in that group really, if everyone's cool with it ok but it's dumping your worst players fir a top tier fantasy talent. .
thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bshirt7 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:59 am

I had a funny feeling someone wouldn't like this.

I have tried to trade LeBron to people a couple of times. Posted he was available for trade and no one approached me. I posted it back on Dec 21. When I did approach people, they didn't want him. I wasn't asking too much.

This trade does two things, give some more depth and opens up cap space.
bshirt7
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:19 am

This isn't great value for Lebron but Brian is right...if he had a better offer... he would have taken it.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 am

Let me first say after much thought, I am ok with this deal, cause in the most part Michigan did what he could do trade him. The only thing may be that he should of updated his block saying something like "Lebron could have been had for cheap! Listening to all offers!". Cause if people had known, maybe he could have gotten more than 3 players that have no upside and are all outside of the top 100 players in the league. I think many people would agree, including myself, that if I had known this was the going rate for Lebron, I would have given Michigan a better deal. 

I think the issue here is bigger than this trade alone. It is one of two things. One it could be that there are a few people in this league that are very passive in actively trying to make their team better. I think there are a few teams who could of given up a bit more, and acquired a top player that had RFA rights. Regardless of if their team is competitive this year or not, they could of acquired a top player without giving up much and continue building. Almost every team should have wanted Lebron at this rate. I mean you could probably throw in a slighty hefty contract in the deal to make Lebron's larger contract more palatable. 

The other issue could be systematic. Meaning, either the max contract of each player needs to change or the total salary cap needs to change. I haven't given this topic much thought yet but maybe others can chime in and give their thoughts. 

At the end, although I am ok with this deal, Sydney is partly right. A deal like this shouldn't happen, but I think the issue is bigger than this particular deal.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:32 am

Marcus Morris is a top 100 player and has been solid so not all true.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:35 am

@DmanofGod1 wrote:Marcus Morris is a top 100 player and has been solid so not all true.  

You are confusing Markieff and Marcus. Cause both Basketball Monster and Yahoo have Marcus outside of the top 100 with our league settings.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bshirt7 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:42 am

PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS POST THE WRONG WAY!

Nobody asked what I was looking for. If they were interested they should of asked. One particular owner when I asked if he was interested.. stated he wasn't and didn't try to offer anything.

I did state I would eat salaries.

Everyone now thinks " Shit I could of gave more". I wasn't particularly happy with the return but need to clear cap for the future.

It is difficult to move a player with a max contract and get fair value in return due to the size of contract.
bshirt7
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:57 am

@bshirt7 wrote:PLEASE DON'T TAKE THIS POST THE WRONG WAY!

Nobody asked what I was looking for. If they were interested they should of asked. One particular owner when I asked if he was interested.. stated he wasn't and didn't try to offer anything.

I did state I would eat salaries.

Everyone now thinks " Shit I could of gave more". I wasn't particularly happy with the return but need to clear cap for the future.

It is difficult to move a player with a max contract and get fair value in return due to the size of contract.

No offense taken. But like I said, I think the issue is bigger than this deal, so hopefully you aren't offend by me either.

I will speak for myself. I would have never thought a top fantasy player could EVER be had at this rate. I can't recall any other instance of a trade like this. Thus I didn't even bother getting involved. I can blame myself as well for this for not inquiring. But I will say, if you reached out to me and said "Hey this is my best offer and I am going to take it if I don't get something better." I would have given you a bit more than what you got. 

For me, on the bright side, if this is the market rate for top players with higher contracts, than I am glad some of the offers I gave a few weeks ago to acquire higher contract guys didn't work out  Smile
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 am

I don't mean to sound pissy or like an asshole. I'll preface that as much as I can. 

About 3 years ago or there abouts) I had a deal vetoed straight up when posted and accepted. It was for someone not anywhere near lebron, maybe DRose. Exact same situation - I put in the work as I do looking for offers and whoever I dealt with said that's the best I've seen ok. Then it was vetoed because "there should be a lot more given for rose". I then had another manager offer more after the veto because apparently I didn't offer enough to have the deal approved, even though I included a good D League player and a 2nd round pick from Memory. Another manger came in and offerred more and it was a approved deal. 

I find it curious we go from that to having no vetoes in this league. Because thts where we are at with the above deal - no vetoed deals. In any league there's gonna be times you shop a player and the best you are offerred at the time isn't much - those deals don't go through. If I get offerred Jeff Green for Demarcus Cousins and accept it because no one offerred me better at the time is this deal ok? It's a legit question. 

I'm not being pissy, I'm not being difficult and the tone of this is not angry...it's serious and valid questions.
thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:14 am

I'll also add this isn't just giving Michigan nothing, Korver is actually a bad contract which LA gets to dump lol. It's crazy to me. But I'm open to the discussion. 

Michigan I also appreciate your reason above that you went to the time to provide and I'm not attacking you or criticizing you.
thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:15 am

I will say that at the very least there has to be a slight rule change in our league. I think any deals that Sam is involved in needs to be approved by Akron. I think the commish being in a deal, and him approving of it, isn't right.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:18 am

Oof, I did think Morris was a top 100 player.  I wouldn't pay 5 mil for a player outside the top 100. 

So I guess I would consider that a bad contract too.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:26 am

I see everyone's point here.

I get Lebron isn't a top 10 player anymore, but he is top 25.  He is expensive at max but Brian received back 10 mil (2017/18) of guys ranked above 120.  

So one team got Lebron in exchange for bad contracts all to save 15 mil?  

I understand it but ...it's tough to justify

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:30 am

I'd just like us to officially have it here that there's no vetoes in this league so I don't have another deal vetoed again if this stuffs solid enough
thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:30 am

@DmanofGod1 wrote:I see everyone's point here.

I get Lebron isn't a top 10 player anymore, but he is top 25.  He is expensive at max but Brian received back 10 mil (2017/18) of guys ranked above 120.  

So one team got Lebron in exchange for bad contracts all to save 15 mil?  

I understand it but ...it's tough to justify

Not trying to be critical of your ranking of Lebron but Lebron is top 20, not top 25. The reason why I want to point this out is because in the upper echelons of rankings, there is a bigger difference between 20 and 25 than there is between 100 and 105. For example the top 3/4 players in this league are much more valuable than player #5. So I just wanted to make that clear.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:32 am

@thebarnes23 wrote:I'd just like us to officially have it here that there's no vetoes in this league so I don't have another deal vetoed again if this stuffs solid enough

You are absolutely right. If this deal is ok, than there is no reason, at all, to have any vetoes going forward in this league.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:42 am

$25 per is a headache! and when you try to trade it, GM are like yeah bron worth a few #1 but i dont have the cap. 

Brain a big boy and knows what he is doing 

Morris is a a poor mans James. at $20M savings kover help make up Points now your at a 16M savings, sean give depth. and now your at a 15M saving for the life of James contract. 

I find nothing wrong with it. MI get out from under James, am mad at my self for not asking Brain what he would take.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:06 am

Morris is a poor man's James like Roseanne Barr is a poor man's Scarlett Johansen 

lol

There isn't one of these guys that you couldn't find on the waiver wire

Am fine with this trade but if we don't veto this, nothing should ever be vetoed.  I agree with that.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:09 am

@HELLFISH wrote:$25 per is a headache! 

And that right there is what I mean by a possible systematic problem. If $25M per year is a problem for one of the best players in fantasy, then maybe we shouldn't have $25m per year salaries.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:29 am

I don't think that's the problem

I just think think that if you are trying to trade any max contract, picking late season where everyone is strapped for cash or saving it for rollover...is a poor time choice.

Offseason when everyone is flush with cash before free agency... I think he gets a ton more for Lebron.

I admit I thought this trade was a lot more fair when I thought it was the Washington Morris.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:44 am

@DmanofGod1 wrote:I don't think that's the problem

I just think think that if you are trying to trade any max contract, picking late season where everyone is strapped for cash or saving it for rollover...is a poor time choice.

Offseason when everyone is flush with cash before free agency... I think he gets a ton more for Lebron.

I admit I thought this trade was a lot more fair when I thought it was the Washington Morris.

I do agree this is the worst time to trade, however I think I will add to the best times by saying that another best time is at the deadline. When teams are trying to one up each other to win the current year title. 

I also agree that the more I think about it, the less I like this deal. Although I don't blame Michigan for it, I think going forward we all need to understand the dynamics of this league. Not everyone is making this league a daily affair and proactively are looking to make trades. Some people have children, and/or are very busy at work etc. We are all (assuming) older too. 

Long story short. I think the ones that want to trade, need to reach out to everyone, communicate what they are looking for, how cheap someone could be had, etc.  I think this would also help prevent deals like this in the future.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:30 pm

@DmanofGod1 wrote:Morris is a poor man's James like Roseanne Barr is a poor man's Scarlett Johansen 

lol

Am fine with this trade but if we don't veto this, nothing should ever be vetoed.  I agree with that.
LOL.  well are they both not SF/PF? so i would argue YES he a poor mans James!
and to your point both Barr and Johansen act. so if barr was cast as lets say "Lucy" then yes whe would be a poorman's SJ. LOL or a breakman's one  ask Tom Arnold!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:32 pm

i think sam need to toss some pick to MI. 
that is what i think!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:33 pm

Lol

Yes you are correct. Both LeBron and Morris are SF/PF. Both Johansen and Barr are female... I think

Razz

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:34 pm

@HELLFISH wrote:
@DmanofGod1 wrote:Morris is a poor man's James like Roseanne Barr is a poor man's Scarlett Johansen 

lol

LOL.  well are they both not SF/PF? so i would argue YES he a poor mans James!
and to your point both Barr and Johansen act. so if barr was cast as lets say "Lucy" then yes whe would be a poorman's SJ. LOL or a breakman's one  ask Tom Arnold!

Sorry man, but I am going to have to disagree as well. Hayward is a poor man's Lebron. Gallinari is a poor man's Hayward. Markieff Morris is a poor man's Gallinari. Then you can say Marcus is a poor man's Markieff. There are so many tiers of SF's between Marcus Morris and Lebron, come on lol.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy77_2000 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:29 pm

Lebron for borderline waiver scrubs seems wrong. Can't imagine someone would not offer more.

If this goes through, would it be possible to trade someone for nothing just to dump salary? Where does it end?

dboy77_2000
Contributor
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:55 pm

I'll throw my name in this as well that I don't think this is a good trade at all.

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:20 pm

If this goes through, would it be possible to trade someone for nothing just to dump salary?  Where does it end?

This is EXACTLY what I would like to know. There's clearly a rule change where there is no veto of trades anymore and as said above it does say dumping salary just to dump salary even if it's for a top line star, is ok. If that's how it is that's how it is, but let's be clear about that for everyone so we know where this league is headed and so there isn't a deal vetoed
thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next