PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Michigan/Los Angeles Hoops Deal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Michigan/Los Angeles Hoops Deal

Post by itssamman on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:07 pm

Just got home, can't really post here on my phone or at work.

I don't really understand how you guys are valuing LeBron. He is no longer the top 20 stud he is, especially with sporadic DNPs to happen, and he's on a max contract on the other side of 30. Sure, he's a top-5 all time great, but he's not what you guys make him out to be fantasy wise. We can all agree he can turn it on whenever he wants, but if you guys watch the past couple years, he usually starts taking it easy as the regular season winds down. He saves up his greatness for the playoffs. That doesn't matter in fantasy, you are what your stats say you are, and he's been on a decline the past two seasons. I'm pretty sure if say a guy like Otto Porter, who is a top 15-20 guy with a max deal getting dealt, you guys wouldn't be talking (sorry Dustin for using your guy, nice get!). It's literally just name value stuck in your guys' heads!!!

Okay, the contracts I sent have little to no value (Korver especially), but Brian literally had LeBron on the block for over a month. Over a month guys..several of you didn't even want him. Brian's objective was literally to cut cap. He WANTED to cut cap with LeBron on the block, and none of you even approached him or brushed it off? 

Mark, cmon man. You've had several deals that would have been questionable (over the years) had this not been a salary league. One factor your Rose trade from years ago was veto'd was because you were still new. While you may be a veteran now, Brian is a veteran too. He has a clear objective, and why should we question him when he's been the model citizen in our league. We started casually talking about LeBron over a week ago, and things only heated up the past couple days. 

When the topic is valuing guys, obviously its going to vary. Maybe Brian values some of the guys I sent his way more than some of you do. Pretty sure some of you guys will disagree with what I've said about LeBron, but both Brian and I agreed on something here. I initially inquired about another player on his roster, but he wanted to talk LeBron so this happen. Brian told me his primary objective of why he wanted to shed/trade LeBron's contract. And none of you guys stepped up to inquire..

Each and every one of us owners operates our teams differently. This is a salary league so the values of each player contract will vary even more respectively. I'm pretty sure with what I'm saying here, some of you will disagree, but it is what it is. I've seen deals in the past seasons (this year included) that had me scratching my head, but I let it go. I haven't veto'd a trade in awhile, and theres a reason thats the case. Most of you guys are seasoned veterans here and I trust you know what you're doing.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Lebron's value right now (with the DNP's) is at 19. So he is a top 20 guy. Even if he sits a few games in a few weeks, he is like a top 30 guy. But again that is an if. Regardless of all of this, he is a top player that fetched nothing. 

I don't recall this Rose trade that you speak of, but I can say that no other trade in this league has stood out as much as this one has in my mind. This is by far the most one sided deal I have seen. Again, if this deal is allowed, changes need to be made to the rules. Veto's need to be taken down. And if veto's do stay, at the very least the commish shouldn't be in charge of vetoing or not vetoing his own deals. There are biases in play when things like this happens. And as you can see, everyone that wasn't involved in this deal that has spoken out has said that this deal is a bad deal. I am not hating on your or Michigan, but your opinion is a biased one.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ford15qb on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Sorry to come to the convo late, but I will also side with not liking the trade. Not saying it should get vetoed, but can see why people are up in arms about it.

Basically, when I first saw they trade, I was like this is crazy. Then I stepped back and tried to justify the trade. I know Michigan probably wanted tonsumped money, Bc he will have to sign Giannis next year and already has Davis at big contract. Getting rid of Lebron opens up some money $15 million next year. Plus still have to pay korver and Morris down the line more than they are probably going to be worth. Just like others are saying above just doesn't seem like it really was much.

If I was trying to move a top tiered player, but not getting much of a return. I would have personally reached out to every team to make sure they understood that they could have James at a much discounted price then what most of us probably thought his price would be.
ford15qb
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32 pm

If the deals stands then deal stands, I’m not going to kick up a huge stink about it. And I agree there is always deal you wont agree with, but you don’t need to its not your team guys will get better deals sometimes and it happens and they don’t need to be even. I just don’t see this as that at all.  Generally speaking however I always go off the “guys can manage their team and do what they want unless if its unbelievably lopsided to the point its crazy then its  veto”. I would put this into that category no question, but if what you’re saying Sam is deals won’t get vetoed because it’s up to each manager what they want to do to manage their own team - I’m fine with that but it’s not been like that before.

A couple of points that don’t make sense to me though and I disagree with.

First: 26 points, 8 assists, 8 boards, 2 combined steals and blocks and 1.7 three pointers. I don’t give a shit if Lebron is declining those are his numbers “in his decline”. As you said, numbers don’t lie.  They are top shelf number and he’s shooting 52%. Yeah his FT and TOs aren’t great but the other 7 are in elite category just about with exception of the steals and blocks just being ‘good’. SO him being 30 and on his decline....really doesn’t add up at all to me, its like saying Wilt averaged 55 points one year but is now in his decline because hes averaging 50 points. The numbers are still unbelievable and I don’t think anyone is going to expect him not be a max contract talent through his 32nd birthday. On season average he is stil in the top 20 players and his ADP even though hes dropped has still been first round. 2nd round guys are still very valuable.

Second: My deal was vetoed years ago because I was new to the league apparently. Doesn’t make any sense. The deal was vetoed not because I was giving to much it was because I was not giving enough, so shouldn’t the ‘veterans’ have known what they were doing???? I get protecting newer guy who is learning the ropes or makes a mistake, that was not at all the case here because it was the opposite. I was the new guy, and you thought my end was way better and needed to be vetoed so you did.

Im not arguing, I don’t agree with some of your points and we aren’t all going to. Like I said I’m not gonna push for a veto here or anything its all fine for me – but i don’t expect to ever see a Veto again here either because this is a straight salary dump of not just an asset but a worthy max contract type player.

And I say all of that in as neutral and nice tone I can communicate on an email.
thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:51 pm

Dalpsar wrote:Lebron's value right now (with the DNP's) is at 19. So he is a top 20 guy. Even if he sits a few games in a few weeks, he is like a top 30 guy. But again that is an if. Regardless of all of this, he is a top player that fetched nothing. 

I don't recall this Rose trade that you speak of, but I can say that no other trade in this league has stood out as much as this one has in my mind. This is by far the most one sided deal I have seen. Again, if this deal is allowed, changes need to be made to the rules. Veto's need to be taken down. And if veto's do stay, at the very least the commish shouldn't be in charge of vetoing or not vetoing his own deals. There are biases in play when things like this happens. And as you can see, everyone that wasn't involved in this deal that has spoken out has said that this deal is a bad deal. I am not hating on your or Michigan, but your opinion is a biased one.

We used to do it where when the commish was in the deal someone else was in place to make a ruling on it. This might bring it back to our trade committee days. Someone will have to dig it out to see why exactly we went back to just having the commish handle it. I'll look it up and let you guys know, when I get the chance..

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman on Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:59 pm

thebarnes23 wrote:If the deals stands then deal stands, I’m not going to kick up a huge stink about it. And I agree there is always deal you wont agree with, but you don’t need to its not your team guys will get better deals sometimes and it happens and they don’t need to be even. I just don’t see this as that at all.  Generally speaking however I always go off the “guys can manage their team and do what they want unless if its unbelievably lopsided to the point its crazy then its  veto”. I would put this into that category no question, but if what you’re saying Sam is deals won’t get vetoed because it’s up to each manager what they want to do to manage their own team - I’m fine with that but it’s not been like that before.

A couple of points that don’t make sense to me though and I disagree with.

First: 26 points, 8 assists, 8 boards, 2 combined steals and blocks and 1.7 three pointers. I don’t give a shit if Lebron is declining those are his numbers “in his decline”. As you said, numbers don’t lie.  They are top shelf number and he’s shooting 52%. Yeah his FT and TOs aren’t great but the other 7 are in elite category just about with exception of the steals and blocks just being ‘good’. SO him being 30 and on his decline....really doesn’t add up at all to me, its like saying Wilt averaged 55 points one year but is now in his decline because hes averaging 50 points. The numbers are still unbelievable and I don’t think anyone is going to expect him not be a max contract talent through his 32nd birthday. On season average he is stil in the top 20 players and his ADP even though hes dropped has still been first round. 2nd round guys are still very valuable.

Second: My deal was vetoed years ago because I was new to the league apparently. Doesn’t make any sense. The deal was vetoed not because I was giving to much it was because I was not giving enough, so shouldn’t the ‘veterans’ have known what they were doing???? I get protecting newer guy who is learning the ropes or makes a mistake, that was not at all the case here because it was the opposite. I was the new guy, and you thought my end was way better and needed to be vetoed so you did.

Im not arguing, I don’t agree with some of your points and we aren’t all going to. Like I said I’m not gonna push for a veto here or anything its all fine for me – but i don’t expect to ever see a Veto again here either because this is a straight salary dump of not just an asset but a worthy max contract type player.

And I say all of that in as neutral and nice tone I can communicate on an email.

LeBron has been fluctuating between late teens to low 20s all season long. I guess some of you guys don't agree, but to me, max guys are overpaid unless they're top-5-top 12. LeBron didn't finish top-12 last season. Like you said, 2nd round guys are valuable, but I'd beg to differ. 2nd round guys AREN'T worth max money IMO. 

I don't remember exactly that Rose deal specifically, but I said previously, you being new was ONE factor, not the entire thing as you seem to make it out to be. 

Like I said earlier, we aren't going to agree on everything, but it's really productive and good we're talking here and trading our input in a civil matter.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:21 pm

I get that Brian got no better offers.  I get that it is a trade between two veteran owners. I guess the question is, why do we have a veto if as long as two owners agree on a trade, it's acceptable?

If a player is overpaid, does that mean he has no value?  Would we allow owners to give away players that hold top 25 value to playoff teams for free? 

Lebron 12.5/25/25
12.5 mil

for 
nothing? 

I think not and yet that trade would be better than the one that occurred.  He saved less money and then inherited bad contracts.

This is a bad trade and may or may not affect the outcome of the playoffs.  This may not be collusion but it's close as you can get. (If Canton and I make this trade, it would be declared as collusion).  I really do get it but trades like this cheapen the legitimacy of the league.  It's just bad. 

I wish you would have gave him something of value

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:01 pm

DmanofGod1 wrote:I get that Brian got no better offers.  I get that it is a trade between two veteran owners. I guess the question is, why do we have a veto if as long as two owners agree on a trade, it's acceptable?

If a player is overpaid, does that mean he has no value?  Would we allow owners to give away players that hold top 25 value to playoff teams for free? 

Lebron 12.5/25/25
12.5 mil

for 
nothing? 

I think not and yet that trade would be better than the one that occurred.  He saved less money and then inherited bad contracts.

This is a bad trade and may or may not affect the outcome of the playoffs.  This may not be collusion but it's close as you can get. (If Canton and I make this trade, it would be declared as collusion).  I really do get it but trades like this cheapen the legitimacy of the league.  It's just bad. 

Agree with both points made here. 

I was open to including some prospects, but Brian wanted to keep his young guys intact, hence the trade was as is. Definitely don't have to, but I'll talk with Brian in the near future to see if we can do something that gives Brian back a nicer asset. Damaging the legitimacy of the league is a problem to avoid, and we don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:32 am

itssamman wrote:
DmanofGod1 wrote:I get that Brian got no better offers.  I get that it is a trade between two veteran owners. I guess the question is, why do we have a veto if as long as two owners agree on a trade, it's acceptable?

Lebron 12.5/25/25
12.5 mil

for 
nothing? 

Agree with both points made here. 

I was open to including some prospects, but Brian wanted to keep his young guys intact, hence the trade was as is. Definitely don't have to, but I'll talk with Brian in the near future to see if we can do something that gives Brian back a nicer asset. Damaging the legitimacy of the league is a problem to avoid, and we don't want to go down that rabbit hole.

At the end of the day, everyone that wasn't involved in this deal that decided to say something has said this deal was bad. LA and Michigan obviously like the deal since they were involved in it, and their views can be viewed as biased. If you can step back and take a look at this deal as parties that were not involved in this deal, you can't tell me you don't see what we are talking about here. I must admit a part of my issue is that I am making deals that give away true assets (#1 pick for Hill, two top 3 picks for IT) and then this deal goes through where nothing of value was given away. I get that Hill and IT are on more palatable contracts, but Lebron is arguably the best player or a close second and his trade nets nothing of value for Michigan. Like Akron said, he is taking on bad contracts that aren't even ending this year. This deal just does not pass the eye test.

The more I think of this deal, the more my stance changes from being ok to thinking it shouldn't happen, or at least as is. Hear me out here. If this deal, as is, doesn't get vetoed, then no deal in the future will or should be. I cannot see a future deal that would be more lopsided than this one and we will always refer back to this deal, when another deal is in question. Then that will open up a pandora's box where more bad/terrible deals will need to go through due to this deal. That in turn will question the legitimacy of this league. A league where all deals are allowed (starting with this one) regardless of how lopsided they are. 

So my stance is either this deal needs to get revised, or it needs to be voided. Sam there are things outside of players that you can include to make this more palatable for Michigan. Even if he isn't looking for more contracts. You can include picks. Not sure how Michigan would be against that.

I will also restate what I stated earlier. In the future, any team that is desperate to trade a player of value, I implore you to personally message each owner and let them know, "Hey! This deal is about to go through, can you do better?" Just saying a top 20 player is on the block isn't enough in this league anymore. Too many passive owners. And it will save us from this heartache in the future.

I
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:33 am

there. Sam siad he will have a chat with Brain and hopefully Sam send him a piece or two.  

but Sam did what we would all would have done if that offer was made to us. like i said am mad at my self for not at least asking about James. 

Same thing just happen in BOS where Dustin got a wow deal from PHI the league spoke and Dustin stepped up and fixed the deal, I believe Sam will do the same here. give it a a day or two for Sam and Brain to talk.

but remember Sam paying the entire 25M per year on a guy not worth all that. but like in real life sometime you pay for the Name.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:14 pm

He's not paying the entire 25m per. At all. Hes no longer paying Korver or Morris who are close to $1 players you can pickup as far as rankings go and what's been available. 

I'll leave it as I said earlier to be fixed up no worries but saying Sam has to pay the whole $25m so that's the "burden" he gets from this is inaccurate when looking at the deal.
thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:51 pm

thebarnes23 wrote:He's not paying the entire 25m per. At all. Hes no longer paying Korver or Morris who are close to $1 players you can pickup as far as rankings go and what's been available. 

I'll leave it as I said earlier to be fixed up no worries but saying Sam has to pay the whole $25m so that's the "burden" he gets from this is inaccurate when looking at the deal.

Exactly. The better way to look at this when you subtract the salary dumps (and they are salary dumps) that Sam gave Michigan from Lebron's contract. Lebron's salary hit for Sam is $4.5/$15/$18M. Which is a great contract on Lebron. So Sam gave up nothing to get Lebron, at a decent contract.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bshirt7 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:46 am

OK, I guess I have to explain myself again cause people just won't let it go.

First of all, the main thought behind the trade was "Who would I rather have at max contract...Lebron or Greek Freak?" 

To be able to resign Greek Freek, I needed to clear some cap. I figured moving Lebron would clear the most space.

Marcus Morris was an upgrade from Glen Robinson III, plus he plays for the Pistons, hometown team, and there have been A LOT of talk about moving Drummond and Reggie Jackson. Those two do get trade, Morris should get a boost in playing time.

Kilpatrick has been playing fairly well and is improving, I know Lin is hurt but I believe he is carving out steady time and at 1M year I said sure why not.

Korver, he has had a rough go at it in Cleveland. He is shooter and was a very good source of 3Pt baskets before this year. He is a FA agent at the end of the year..I took a gamble.  

Now you guys might read this and say this all a bunch of bullshit! 

"LA got Lebron for nothing"
"Lebron for scubs"
"I could of gave more for him"
I wasn't trying to cheapen the league.

This was my line of thinking. Everyone values players differently! I took a gamble cause after all this is a free fantasy league. I am sure people still are going to throw their 2cents in which is what a lot of people do on here. This suppose to be fun, and the last two days I have really considered leaving this whole site. In my 25 years of playing fantasy sports, this site has been one of, if not thee best, but the last couple of years there has been a lot more bitching on here on trades, rules, and remaining salary cap. Each person does things differently.

Lebron was on the block for a month, and nothing. I know people read it cause I got a lot of offers for Hill. With work and my family commitments, triplet 10year olds, I don't have the time to message everyone hence the trade block. Some people take this fantasy thing too serious and have way more time to spend on it than I do.  I wasn't looking for anything but to clear cap space.
bshirt7
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:35 am

thebarnes23 wrote:He's not paying the entire 25m per. At all. Hes no longer paying Korver or Morris who are close to $1 players you can pickup as far as rankings go and what's been available. 

for someone going to kick a huge stink, "I’m not going to kick up a huge stink about it" you sure are!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:59 am

Dalpsar wrote:

Exactly. The better way to look at this when you subtract the salary dumps (and they are salary dumps) that Sam gave Michigan from Lebron's contract. Lebron's salary hit for Sam is $4.5/$15/$18M. Which is a great contract on Lebron. So Sam gave up nothing to get Lebron, at a decent contract.
Nope. because James contract still says 25/25 for next too year. 

and brain now roll over 20M into next year cap space. for a total for 55M to work with in FA. Brian did not just save 7M in this year deal this year, he doubling it down on the rollover. and of 16M next and more the following year. Smart!

Why you mad with Sam. be mad at yourself for not working on a deal for James. 
some of you guys, like to PM after the fact like why did you make that deal i want him i told you. but you dont do the work and put up offer. and for some guy to be posting about your piss about this deal. i save you LOW ball offer you make me. 

i called it like it is SAM got lucky. now did i tell him personally that he should alter the trade a little with brain to give at least a pick. yes. but am not going to insult Brain either, i understand his move.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:50 pm

HELLFISH wrote:
Dalpsar wrote:

Nope. because James contract still says 25/25 for next too year. 

You don't get what I am saying. I am talking about the deal in itself. Sam sent bad contracts over so he is saving on the future years of those contracts. To make it easy, if someone sends $25/$25/$25 in bad contracts and acquires $25/$25/$25 in good contracts guess what the net effect is? $0.

Also I am not sure why you are bringing up all this other stuff about roll over money. Roll over money has nothing to do with this deal. 

Michigan- It is much as your right to take this league as a "free/who cares" league as it is my/our right to take it as seriously as I want to take it. 

This is all I have left to say about this topic. I am fed up with this bs as much as the rest of you.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bshirt7 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:15 pm

Not sure where you get your math...
'17/'18 thru '18/'19
Lebron 25/25

Morris 5/6

Korver 4/Opt

Kilpatrick 1/opt

So 2017-18 LA has 25M, Michigan 10M
and 2018/2019 LA has $25M then Michigan 6M

So LA is not saving any money on the future years. LA is $50M and MI is paying 16M over the next 2 yrs. I dont see any savings.

No sure what your are saying.
bshirt7
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bshirt7 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:17 pm

LA and MI have agreed 

Lebron

for Marcus Morris
Kyle Korver
Kilpatrick
LA 2018 2nd Rd
bshirt7
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:21 pm

bshirt7 wrote:Not sure where you get your math...
'17/'18 thru '18/'19
Lebron 25/25

Morris 5/6

Korver 4/Opt

Kilpatrick 1/opt

So 2017-18 LA has 25M, Michigan 10M
and 2018/2019 LA has $25M then Michigan 6M

So LA is not saving any money on the future years. LA is $50M and MI is paying 16M over the next 2 yrs. I dont see any savings.

No sure what your are saying.
From my earlier post "Lebron's salary hit for Sam is $4.5/$15/$18M" This is from subtracting the contracts of the players he got rid of. The math is right. Unless you guys posted the wrong salaries in the OP.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:27 pm

Going to edit this on the initial post.

Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 pm

Fuck off Dan. I love how the entire league has a problem with this deal and you pick out me for kicking up a stink, when I've probably been more accepting of it than a few other managers. Nothin to do with you Michigan but when bullshit is raised to explain a trade dan - like lebron costing $25m per, then I'll jump back in and call it and support EVERY other manager that has raised exception with this deal. If this deal was voted on like in many yahoo leagues you'd have 9/10 managers not involved in it voting no. So forget me kicking up a stink THE LEAGUE has kicked up a stink
thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:09 am

In deals like, we need to make sure jealousy isn't the driving cause of our complaints.  Not saying anyone is but Sam got a great deal and sometimes you tip your cap.

It's totally understood why Brian and Sam made this trade and tossing a 2nd in doesn't chance much.  Brian got what he could from the teams that approached him about a trade.  It should teach owners a lesson.  If someone puts a player on a trade block, do your due diligence.  I did.  Don't just blame the owner for not messaging all 11 owners cuz that can be a pain at times.

I think everyone understands that we would rather trust every owner... to make sure similar value is being given and received, especially when the trade is mid season and to potential playoff teams.  Its clear nothing is really going to change here.  Throwing in a 2nd is placating.

I really do want this to be a good league.  Crap always seems to be happening to make this league look like junk.  I hate winning it and being like... half the league didn't really try and the activity of the other half is lacking.

Let's a commit to making this league a good and competitive league. 

Let's all move on.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tazzouz on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:18 am

yeah i don't get the deal either but i still can't get a feel for trades in a keeper league... 

seems like a top 10-15 player was traded for 1 bad contract (Korver), one inefficient player. Kilpatrick is pretty irrelevant. You'd think at least a young stud or some value contracts coulda been gotten in return

tazzouz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:24 am

DmanofGod1 wrote:In deals like, we need to make sure jealousy isn't the driving cause of our complaints.  Not saying anyone is but Sam got a great deal and sometimes you tip your cap.

It's totally understood why Brian and Sam made this trade and tossing a 2nd in doesn't chance much.  Brian got what he could from the teams that approached him about a trade.  It should teach owners a lesson.  If someone puts a player on a trade block, do your due diligence.  I did.  Don't just blame the owner for not messaging all 11 owners cuz that can be a pain at times.

I think everyone understands that we would rather trust every owner... to make sure similar value is being given and received, especially when the trade is mid season and to potential playoff teams.  Its clear nothing is really going to change here.  Throwing in a 2nd is placating.

I really do want this to be a good league.  Crap always seems to be happening to make this league look like junk.  I hate winning it and being like... half the league didn't really try and the activity of the other half is lacking.

Let's a commit to making this league a good and competitive league. 

Let's all move on.

Many excellent points. It is true that I have learned a lesson here and next time someone of value goes on the trade block I will inquire and not assume that the player is "expensive" to acquire.

I have accepted this deal but I still think we have to make some rule changes going forward. If the MAJORITY of the league can't dictate if a trade is ok or not, then we need to throw out all veto rules out. If Sam (our commish) wasn't involved in this deal, I firmly believe this deal would have never happened. Which is another issue with our rules. When the commish is involved in a deal, he shouldn't be dictating if the deal is ok or not. He is obviously going to like a deal that he participated in so he isn't going to veto his own ideas.
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top