PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Rookie Drafts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rookie Drafts

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Going to start a thread for this to get some ideas before we put it up for vote.

The rookie draft coming up will not be effected by this at all.

What I want to do is have our rookie draft about a week after MLB has theirs.

Reasons:
-Follows the MLB structure
-the draft and players are fresh on the mind
-if a player is activated he can be used

The draft during the 2011 season will have to be use a generated draft order. After that we will use the previous years standings (like MLB).

Let me know if you have any ideas or see any problems.

-JB

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Rookie Drafts

Post by HELLFISH on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:41 pm

I like

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:47 pm

Is there for freshly drafted players? If so, I don't like the idea because none of that class will have signed & could opt to go to college. Remember, signing deadline isn't until mid-August.

If you're talking about drafting players in 2011 that were selected in 2010, I guess I could live with that.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:38 pm

More to chew on. Since the first mlb draft in 1965, only 20 players have gone without playing in the minors. Sale made his debut faster than anyone since Ryan Wagner in 2003. Basically, we're making a rule that really only applies once a decade, if that.

There's probably a better way to remedy this situation (making Sale or whoever in the future a f/a) than pushing up the draft date.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:34 am

I'd have to agree with phil, my main concern is drafting and the players someone choose decide to opt to go to college. I think we are fine with the way it is and also like phil said the last time someone came up before sale was wagner in 2003, so really I think we should keep it the same, if someone comes up everyone has a chance to sign them, if they effect real baseball then we should be able to sign players.

Drafting right after the draft is tough cause we will be in the middle of call ups to the majors and we won't know much about these high school and college players, at least in the off season there is a chance for review of these players with all the prospect lists and fantasy reviews.

I'm not going to go into it much more but I don't see why everything should change cause of (again like Phil said) a once in a decade type of thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:44 am

This is why i like to discuss, after read both point above i would agree that at this time it would be best to leave system as is. and even then there may be some guys that would not be signed

Last edited by LA HELLFISH on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:44 pm

I agree with Phil and hellfish to leave it as is. Plus, something to look forward to in the off season.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top