PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Idea for expansion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Idea for expansion

Post by Admin on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:40 pm

This is nothing definite. I'm not looking for negative feedback on this. Nothing like "expansion sucks" or "non-money leagues dont keep interest" will do me any good. I'm looking for positive ideas and potential problems with the rules listed in case i missed something.

If we were to expand I'd want to do it in a couple years. We would have 2 divisions with 5 teams and 1 with 4. Eventually I'd like to expand again after that so we have 4 4-team divisions. That's far far away. So the ultimate goal is 16 teams. Much better than starting a different league and I'm pretty sure we have a few good guys around to take over teams.

I'm thinking about giving up my team if we do expand and take an expansion team as a project and make sure the team isnt neglected.

Thoughts for the draft...
-Each existing club will protect 15 players on their roster from being drafted
-All unprotected players (major and minor) are eligible except those chosen in the last 2 rookie drafts
-Players who are free agents after the season are not eligible for selection in the draft. The new teams are not restricted in offering contracts to any available player.
-determining draft order by a coin toss (maybe another method), the winner of which could choose either: A) The first overall pick in the expansion draft B) allow the other team to pick first and receive both the second and third overall expansion draft. After the 3rd pick in the draft the teams will alternate picks until the draft is complete.
-only one player can be drafted from each team in each round.
-At the end of each round teams can protect an additional 3
-a maximum of 6 players can be chosen from each team.
-Each team will select 36 players over 6 rounds

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Idea for expansion

Post by Guest on Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:58 pm

i would also like to give up my team for an expansion at some point. gotta keep it a challenge

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Ya i would be willing to let my team go and take up an expansion as well

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:39 pm

count me as the 4th, since ive been pressing for expansion

totally love this idea

all good leagues expand in real life, so why not fantasy? especially with this being next level type stuff

the math you've done was awesome too

id suggest doing all 4 at once. could be tricky, but if we got a couple years to do it, why not just do it all at once?

i'm glad this is something we're gonna do tho. it's gonna deepen our league and keep what we have growing awesome n strong

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:46 pm

screw you guys, you just want to cherry pick!!! lol
Bravo if you build it they will come! Basketball

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:34 pm

I like the idea of expansion as well and the rules seem like they would work out??? Onlyone way to find out.

So what are we going to do with all these owners wanting to abandon their teams so they can start something new? Not trying to be negative here but sounds like some (not all) guys realized they don't like their teams anymore so they prefer a new start! Not very fair. I believe that if we're truly expanding, new owners get the expansion teams. None of this "let's trade my team for a new one so I can erase my mistakes!"

I know I'm gonna receive some backlash for these comments but tell me when any sports league has allowed an existing owner to give their team away to pursue an expansion franchise the same year? I'm not about to google this to see if something happened in the 1880's in some semi-pro league but something reeks when 4 owners want to cut bait and start fresh!

And they say I'm all about controversy...
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:42 pm

ohh no i understand where your coming from toronto, i would just assume it would be easier to get newcomers to take over already decent teams, instead of asking them to take some of the scraps to form their own. I dont mind keeping my team, just figured it would be easier to get guys to take over an already balanced team

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:42 pm

marlins/expos traded teams kinda

and, i LOVE LOVE LOVE and FUCKIN LOVE MY TEAM, even with this shit year ive had

but i love my squad and def wont be able to get anythign close to it in expansion but figured id join in with others saying they'd do it cuz a) i helped usher in this idea and b) if we take over expansion teams, it means people won't come in, not like it and quit later

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:46 pm

I love my team.

I just dont want to hand an expansion team to someone that doesnt know the rules or system and loses interest because they can't get it done.

Taking over an expansion team wont be easy and the best thing for us is to have owners that can build.

In all honesty I dont see where the logic is in thinking an expansion team is a new start over an established team. There is a lot less to work with and you can count the top 150 players out. Building through the draft is very important and picking up an owner that is going to sit there and set lineups will not work.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top