Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Josh Richardson (PHI-SG) UFA

4 posters

Go down

Josh Richardson (PHI-SG) UFA Empty Josh Richardson (PHI-SG) UFA

Post by thebarnes23 Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:46 am

Bids Remaining
Player Age25
Pro Years Played4
Contract Years3
Total Contract $$9M
Club OptionY
Contract Structure

1) $3M 2) $3M 3) $3M 
4) $*M 5) $M 6) $M
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Josh Richardson (PHI-SG) UFA Empty Re: Josh Richardson (PHI-SG) UFA

Post by DmanofGod1 Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:10 pm

Bids Remaining3
Player Age25
Pro Years Played4
Contract Years4
Total Contract $$16M
Club OptionY
Contract Structure

1) $4M2) $4M3) $4M
4) $4M5) $M6) $M

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:09 am

Bids Remaining2
Player Age25
Pro Years Played4
Contract Years4
Total Contract $$20M
Club OptionY
Contract Structure

1) $3.5M2) $4.5M3) $5.5M
4) $6.5M5) $M6) $M
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:42 pm

Just looking at this before my last bid Dustin’s looks incorrect? Wrong bids remaining. So my original bid would be the winning bid anyway rather than this last one?
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:28 pm

True but u extended bid by post another bid.
I don’t think u should be able to have both ways? But Sams call in the end!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:41 pm

If it’s a invalid bid though the player was already won when I put in another bid
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tazzouz Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:30 pm

guys, i don't know how you have been ruling this in the past but if someone posts a valid bid over an invalid bid than that bid should be the one that gets considered. Its someone's responsibility, apparently, to review people's bids bidding themselves.

Like in the Lebron case, Dan got to win Lebron because a person bid after him incorrectly and i was waiting for the 24 hours to get close before bidding myself. what i learned from that is that everyone is apparently responsible for reviewing bids and takes responsibility for invalid bids affecting their own changes at free agents...

my two cents

tazzouz
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:36 pm

Its always been pretty straight forward - if a bid was invalid the valid bid prior to it is awarded. Technically my second bid was also invalid because the player was already no longer a free agent as that expired 24 hours after my first bid anyway. Its always been that way.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tazzouz Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:41 pm

its not real straight forward at all really... so if someone initially bids legally on a free agent and then another person bids (illegally) and another person bids after that legally... and then someone realizes the illegal bid, the last person to bid legally doesn't get a chance at the player if 24 hours passed between the previous legal bids...

makes no sense to me... if you legally bid after someone who bids illegally that should be the current bid to work off of... this going back in history to affect the full free agency process is bullshit in my opinion

tazzouz
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:53 pm

Im just telling you what the process has been. Im not debating what it should be. However you are trying to change the free agency process in the middle of free agency, which isnt the time to do it either Very Happy Id suggest raising with Sam for future changes as commish if you've got suggestions for rule amendments, we wouldn't implement that during free agency anyway. What I was referring to as straight forward is what has been done in the past - if a bid is illegal it reverts to the legal bid prior to it, thats how its always been and this exact scenario has happened other times. My initial bid went 24 hours without a legal bid so 24 hours after that josh richardson was no longer a free agent. You weren't bidding on JrIch anyway and are talking about something else with Lebron so I don't know why you are into me on JRich
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tazzouz Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:01 am

I'm not interested in jrich you're right, just using the opportunity to clarify the rules... nothing personal

the written rules state nothing about how to handle illegal bids in free agency unless the illegal bid wins the player... so it should be clear as opposed to hearing how things have been done previously... 

as far as the rules are concerned illegal bids don't matter unless the WINNING BID IS ILLEGAL... in neither of these two cases (JRICH & LEBRON) was the winning bid illegal so why are we discussing illegal bids in the midst of free agency... it should only be when the winning bid is illegal.. people citing illegal bids in the middle of bidding is useless, you should let the bid close with the illegal bid and then raise your concern...

this is my point and yes i'd love to discuss with anyone

tazzouz
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:09 am

All good, Like I said discuss with Sam as commish he can always take on feedback for changes. I understand what you are saying but I think you are missing my key point - the last legal bid was after JRich was already won as the second bid never counted. I couldn't legally bid on him with that last bid anyway then as the first bid already had 24 hours pass, he was already gone.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tazzouz Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:48 am

yeah i hear what you're saying and not to belabor the point but the bidding hadn't closed yet on Jrich so the opportunity for new managers to come in was still there, the same happened with Lebron where the bidding hadn't closed but then the free agency was wrapped up even though the illegal bid hadn't won. 

What had been going on here is that if the last legal bid woulda passed 24 hours it is awarded even though the last bid (illegal or legal) didn't have 24 hours elapse on it. So managers who are tracking the bidding are planning on bidding before 24 hours pass from the last bid... 

this is just my point in case its not 100% clear

tazzouz
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:49 am

Fair enough, probably not the thread or the time for us to get to far into it anymore than we have as it will clog free agency. During season make some suggestion on a thread or with Sam raise some ideas direct Basketball
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:36 am

Imo 

It's up to the new bidder to catch the illegal bid before they bid again, not after.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:23 pm

tazzouz wrote:I'm not interested in jrich you're right, just using the opportunity to clarify the rules... nothing personal

the written rules state nothing about how to handle illegal bids in free agency unless the illegal bid wins the player... so it should be clear as opposed to hearing how things have been done previously... 

as far as the rules are concerned illegal bids don't matter unless the WINNING BID IS ILLEGAL... in neither of these two cases (JRICH & LEBRON) was the winning bid illegal so why are we discussing illegal bids in the midst of free agency... it should only be when the winning bid is illegal.. people citing illegal bids in the middle of bidding is useless, you should let the bid close with the illegal bid and then raise your concern...

this is my point and yes i'd love to discuss with anyone
BOOM! what he said!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Agreed

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:28 pm

thebarnes23 wrote:All good, Like I said discuss with Sam as commish he can always take on feedback for changes. I understand what you are saying but I think you are missing my key point - the last legal bid was after JRich was already won as the second bid never counted. I couldn't legally bid on him with that last bid anyway then as the first bid already had 24 hours pass, he was already gone.
the problem is you posted a 2nd legal bid. 
now what if another GM then post another legal bid. 
you done messed up when you bid again, simple. 

How are we to know 100% you did not know the bid was illegal, and then say i post my 2nd bid now then when the original 24 hours is up. I'll raise the question that the prior bid was illegal and my original bid show stand.  

nah by you post your 2nd bid you extend the 24-hours and be came the winner base on you last post legal bid.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:31 pm

thebarnes23 wrote:

Bids Remaining2
Player Age25
Pro Years Played4
Contract Years4
Total Contract $$20M
Club OptionY
Contract Structure

1) $3.5M2) $4.5M3) $5.5M
4) $6.5M5) $M6) $M
am processing this bid. 
if you want Sam to review please PM him.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down