PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

League Schedule (BOS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

League Schedule (BOS)

Post by HELLFISH on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

Not sure if this has ever been asked, but in BOS we play every team twice. any way we can change to div team 3 or 4 time and rest of the game vs other two div.

I just feel it would give us more of a div winner rather.

just thinking guys not sure if yahoo would allow this type of schedule but would love to hear what you guys think?

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: League Schedule (BOS)

Post by Guest on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:01 pm

i brought something like this up before, i think

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:34 pm

I'd like this too...even though my div record sucks ass! I'm able to do something like this as the commish of a 8 team, 2 division league this year. It's done manually so not as easy and automatic as our current system. So with 12 teams and 3 divisions, it would be more difficult to do
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:29 am

Sounds good to me. Makes more sense. I'm Looking to free up some time so I can take boys of summer to the next level...

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:09 am

cheers

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:40 pm

I don't like it at all.We all play the same teams an equal amount so there is no advantage to anyone. You always have one division that's weaker than the rest so the teams will have an easier schedule and a false record. Where playing the schedule we do now everyone plays the same teams equally and you have truer standings.Just my opinion which don't mean shot cuz you guys will lobby till you get what you want

Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:41 pm

lmfao all opinions are important

but, i am now gonna form a Lobbyists group on here!! hahahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:18 am

I like Mark's point about everyone playing the same schedule. That eliminates any advantage a team might have as far as earning the wild card spot. Seems like if an advantage is gained by changing the schedule as proposed, it might be for that wild card spot, as opposed to a divison champ.

Doug
Doug
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 pm

@Ballbasherz wrote:I don't like it at all.We all play the same teams an equal amount so there is no advantage to anyone. You always have one division that's weaker than the rest so the teams will have an easier schedule and a false record. Where playing the schedule we do now everyone plays the same teams equally and you have truer standings.Just my opinion which don't mean shot cuz you guys will lobby till you get what you want

so you dont like the way the pros have their schedules?

i'm trying to figure out what u mean other than your slam to me and others "we do what we want"...

pretty rude

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:38 pm

you can call me old school. but i love to old mlb were nl and al had two division and four total playoff spots. and yeah you can say that he 88 doyors were in the weak's of all the four teams that year but they won. shit you can make the point that they were the weaks team to ever win! am just in favor of playing your of div. more then others. and making the point that the wild card would come out of what is believed to be the weak division just is not true. it could happen but just not a true fact that it would happen every year.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:15 pm

dojers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:50 pm

so you dont like the way the pros have their schedules?

i'm trying to figure out what u mean other than your slam to me and others "we do what we want"...

pretty rude.

I`m voicing my opinion which I thought was wanted in this league. It seems like you are the only one with issues to what I said. Oh that`s right if it`s negative keep it to yourself. And no I don`t like the MLB schedule. Yes we want to mirror the MLB but with 12 teams or even 16 you can`t do it because the same issue arises. There is always a weak division and you don`t get true standings where as the way it is now at least we have more realistic standings. I knnow for a fact that there are certain teams I don`t want to face more than twice and I bet it`s safe to say that others feel the same way. If you go to the unbalanced schedule I`m going to lobby to get put in that one so I can have a cupcake schedule too. Just my opinion tho
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:03 pm

True, there will always be a weak division but will it be the same division every single year? I don't think so. Over a period of a few years, the weaker teams (who tend to have better prospects and young up-and-comers via trades and drafting) will reverse the trend. Competitive teams with aging vets and who lacks the vision or opportunity to maintain a youthful and competitive balance will begin their decline and thus, if this is true for an entire division, will be what the "Cental" is today, Razz

Mark, I think we all know the East wa the toughest division to play in last year, and possibly this year. My record against you this year alone is ~ minus 20. I still would rather play against you and the rest of the East more often...no chicken here! Think of how many times we'll get Boston next year...that alone should boost our records by 30 games over .500. lol!
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:22 am

Say whatever u want mark. It doesn't matter to me. I don't care, at all.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:16 pm

Mark I just feel we should win our division by beating our division. as for the wild card I don't really care I'm out to win my div. first yearly. and with that point of view in mind we should really be face more of our div's rivals then the entire league. I hope this will help you understand my view on this matter.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:22 pm

yea, more division games does make the rivalries more meaningful

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:24 pm

I'm in favor of unbalanced scheduling. I fail to see how that makes it easier for the wild card, as there are typically 2 team in each division fighting for 4 playoff spots.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top