PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

(BoS) Future Salary and Rosters

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(BoS) Future Salary and Rosters

Post by Admin on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:22 pm

While this is on my mind I felt the need to make a post. I dont like to distract the playoffs at all. I just want to get it out there so we can think it through and any ideas I have won't be forgotten.

With the league expanding after the 2012 and 2014 seasons (2 teams each year), we will need to look at team salary and roster sizes.

Team Salary: To me, $200M is far too much for 14 or 16 teams. We should think about getting down into the $175M range at a minimum. If we were to knock $5M off each season after next until we got there that could work.

New Salary Structure: I've been thinking about a new format for some time now. I think that having each team given the same amount of cash each season is somewhat generic. In real life the teams that win games bring in more money and I think we should incorporate that into our league. For example... The Virginia Red Sox have been at the top of the east for 2 seasons now and are probably packing a full house while the Texas Bird Dogs have been stinking it up for 2 seasons. They may get a crowd of 5k people sitting around home plate and making no money. To me, both teams should not be making the same money ($200M). Texas is getting a top round pick in the draft and $200M while Virginia is getting the same money and a late pick in all rounds of the draft. It's not realistic. With having revenue sharing and all, we would need to set a floor and cap on how much a team could earn. I also think the amount a team earns should be based on a 3 year Avg. Not a drastic jump from year to year. This could be done by winning pct, top SP and HR hitters (players that attract fans to the stadium), etc. We could design a nice formula to figure out each team's earnings and say set a min/max of $140/$175 just to throw some numbers out there. I think this could be a lot of fun and actually give teams something to win for that aren't in the playoff hunt. I'd love to hear everyone's input on this!

Roster Size: With new teams coming in, our talent on each team will drop. I'm considering dropping the UTIL and 1 P spot when we go to 14 teams. When we go to 16 I'm thinking of a 40/25 man roster like MLB. 10 hitters (All positions and INF,OF), 5SP,5RP,5 Bench, 13 pitcher max. This sounds like the most ideal setup. The players we see getting waived will be in someone's everyday lineup or getting claimed by a team that needs someone. We will have plenty more rookies that we will be relying on to fill injuries etc in AAA.

Last but not least, we need to lower our War chest deposit at the end of each season. maybe to $50M. Expansion teams will probably be rolling that over in the first few years unless they go crazy in f/a on mediocre players which I dont see happening.

Anyway, let me know what you think. This all needs to be settled immediately after the season. All transactions will be frozen until we square this away so I dont get the "i already built my team" line.

-JB

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: (BoS) Future Salary and Rosters

Post by Guest on Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:50 pm

i will be very much involved in this process-- but wanna get my ideas in order before i go presenting things

but we WILL get something great figured out and approved by everyone

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top