PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Arbitration Rookie Rule (BOS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arbitration Rookie Rule (BOS)

Post by HELLFISH on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:16 pm

Calculating Arbitration: Using the player's stats from the past season, add up the player's salary from the pay scale above. Use the scale below to figure out the players next season salary.
3rd year- 50% of salary, Max $5M, and Min of $800k ("Super 2 ONLY") See Below.
4th year- 60% of salary, Max $7M, and Min of $1M
5th year- 80% of salary, Max $10M, and Min of $1.2M
6th year- 100% of salary, Max $12M, and Min of $1.5M
Note: A team's salary offer to a player may not be less than 80% of the player's salary the previous year or less than 70% of his salary from 2 years earlier.
Super 2: To qualify, players must play in the following amount of games in their 2nd season.
Hitters- 86+ games
Starters- 22+ games started
Relievers- 40+ games total

Above is the rule and i understand it. but my question is about the Min's following season 3-5 (6th player is RFA so don't matter). so I/m going to use C.Santana as my example. and his projection show him at most 2 or 3M for next year (SUPER 2 RULE) so for this example I will say 3M.

So if his 3rd year is set at 3M and for some reason (god forbid) he does not put up the number to match the 3M in year 4 we go back to Min which in that year would be 1M for year 4.

I feel rule should change and say we review this. I think his new Minimum for this player (C Santana) should now be 3M for any future Arbitration year. I think this will make us as GM's work a little in deciding whether we want to pick up option or let player test market.

If I feel his Min is to high, I then could not pick up option. I now can bid for is service for lessor amount in FA but also run the chance of losing the player to other team?

what do you guys think?

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Arbitration Rookie Rule (BOS)

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:57 pm

interesting idea

but no

if he puts up numbers, he gets paid, if not, he doesnt

thats how arb works

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:11 pm

I know I'm one of the new guys here, but where the percentages are concerned below:

3rd year- 50% of salary, Max $5M, and Min of $800k ("Super 2 ONLY") See Below.
4th year- 60% of salary, Max $7M, and Min of $1M
5th year- 80% of salary, Max $10M, and Min of $1.2M
6th year- 100% of salary, Max $12M, and Min of $1.5M

it would be 50% of what? 60% of what? Are we talking about a salary that was figured from free agent bidding? I'm pretty sure when someone explains this to me, I'll wonder why I didn't already know this.

Doug
Doug
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:23 pm

7-3 C

Their salary is calculated from the statistics they put up the previous season (so for the first arb. year which is the 3rd year itd be the 2nd year, 4th year the 3rd etc) but it "may not be less than 80% of the player's salary the previous year or less than 70% of his salary from 2 years earlier"

there is a box there to identify how much money for the total production they put up.
Razz Razz phuckin wit ya. enjoy some phucket fried rice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug on Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:39 pm

OK, I remember that now. Seems like John and I talked about that back when the season began. Can't remember stuff like I used to..............................Remember what?
Doug
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:03 pm

We can only pay arb by their production Dan. If you want to go ahead and pay him a little more I'm sure nobody will mind.

Think long-term. Player goes shithouse his 2nd year then sucks it up or is hurt for the next 3. You're stuck paying on a player that doesn't produce or waste a draft pick because you had to release him.cuz he wasn't worth the cash.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top