IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

BoS - Back to Stats! Again?!?!? F*ck!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BoS - Back to Stats! Again?!?!? F*ck!

Post by nostratimus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:05 am

If fielding needs to be included in our stats and we include E's, then shouldn't we consider assists and catchers throwing out base runners. I actually don't want fielding as a cat.

I thought the idea of K's in the first place was to have one category that penalizes the hitting and pitching. With pitching, we have HR's which is based on their pitching. So shouldnt we be penalizing batters and not their fielding?

Like I said earlier, Mark Reynolds and his 35-ish hr/season will never match up to another player with similar hr/RBI totals who strikes out much less.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:10 am

Even if they did have 2b + 3b, which they just might... U still aren't solving the all mighty singles problem! Because they are note worthy, not just in batting average, but to have an entire category for themselves...

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:13 am

@nostratimus wrote:If fielding needs to be included in our stats and we include E's, then shouldn't we consider assists and catchers throwing out base runners. I actually don't want fielding as a cat.

I thought the idea of K's in the first place was to have one category that penalizes the hitting and pitching. With pitching, we have HR's which is based on their pitching. So shouldnt we be penalizing batters and not their fielding?

Like I said earlier, Mark Reynolds and his 35-ish hr/season will never match up to another player with similar hr/RBI totals who strikes out much less.

HR isn't there to just penalize a pitcher Tim, keeping the ball in the park is a big deal just as much as fielding is a big deal. It's not about this is a positive stat, this is a negative.

We need the best collection of stats that covers all aspects of the game without being redundant. Period.

What does it matter if mark Reynolds struck out 200 times or lined out to ss 200 times? Answer me that!

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:30 pm

So we both agree that HR penalizes a pitcher, great. How does fielding penalize a batter? If you want to include all aspects of the game, then assists is just as important. I'm not calling for it though, like I said earlier. Just an argument behind not having E or fielding.

If you want all aspects of the game covered, I feel like we're never gonna be happy and we may end up with a 14x14 h2h league.

As for the diff between a guy that K's 200 vs a guy that lines out 200 times, find me somebody that has that much bad luck and I'll go with your argument! Answer me that!

With all due respect, a guy that make more contact with the ball is obviously more likely to get a hit, reach base, and drive in runs so he's far more attractive than a guy that strikes out a tonne! So I dont see much o an argument about not having K's if you're going to counter with what if scenarios, especially if they're unrealistic.

nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:07 pm

assists, like putouts, are routine.. until he makes an error. thats what we're looking at. we get it, you dont like fielding. for some reason you think it's meaningless. i guess you dont watch baseball.

the difference between a guy that k's 200 time vs a guy that lined to ss 200 times is the guy that struck out doesnt risk double play. it that sense, it's better. you missed the point!

i get that you arent going to help us find ways to improve and only talk smack to those that want to. that's fine. i can live with that.

i really dont care what we use. im only trying to improve the league. fielding is a major player in the game of baseball. we are limited to what we can use with yahoo. errors works. i think it's more meaningful than strike outs, thats all i suggested. if youre gonna go on about assists, save it. youre not doing us any good.

and i still dont understand your HR penalizes a pitcher comment. I guess ERA, WHIP, K, W, L, and every other category could penalize a pitcher if he's not doing it or not doing it right.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:19 pm

Right JB. You start off this thread by telling everybody to calm down and offer input. Who's the one talking smack by responding with, "Answer me that"

Yeah, great way to respond to other guys who just want to offer their opinion. I see that you're trying different ideas to make this a better league, but not all your ideas are amazing, league-saving ideas that shit gold and diamonds! You just need to realize that just because you like it doesn't mean everybody else likes it. So just bc I don't agree with you on something means that I dont want to improve this league?

I'm done "offering" my opinion as it's clear that your narrow vision wastes the time of others when they're vision is not in line with yours.

You've made changes after every year so far and I understand that you're tryingto make improvements. Sometimes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I didn't hear a group of owners bash the scoring system at any point this past season/off season, but you come in on your mighty stallion trying to save the world and offer "calm" and just a chance to offer input. Well, bashing other ideas and getting all tied up like you are is what always gets you stressed in this league and riding that emotional roller coaster.

Anyway, I'm done, I've voted, go ahead and amend the rules and settings like you'll prob do, regardless of the votes. It's has always been your way or the highway anyway!
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:27 pm

im not stressed or emotional. ive welcomed everyone's ideas. you really havent given me anything but wanting to use assists if we use errors and how great k's are. i dont agree with either of those. sorry tim.

seems like you're having a bad day. we're only talking baseball stats which are over now. current rules will fly. 16 owners, 16 different ideas of what they think the stats should be. it'll always be that way.

im glad i know the way you really feel now tho. at least we accomplished something.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top