Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Nikita Filatov

2 posters

Go down

Nikita Filatov Empty Nikita Filatov

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Filatov has a 2 yr deal in place in the KHL (source: http://prospects.dobbersports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4655:nikita-filatov&catid=41:ottawa-senators&Itemid=131 and http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2012/5/14/3020457/nikita-filatov-senators-russia-khl). I have him on my roster for those two years, and given the two leagues' agreement to honor each others contracts, I would guess this eliminates any chance of him coming back to the NHL.

I don't see a scenario like this in the rules but I could be overlooking something. Am I stuck with this player or are there any alternatives? Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Nikita Filatov Empty Re: Nikita Filatov

Post by nostratimus Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:36 am

I thought we discussed last year during the inaugural draft...could be wrong. That if player goes to KHL, you're pretty much screwed. That's why we couldn't draft or sign guys in the KHL last year???

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 am

if that is the case I would not have known it as I was not in the league at that time. joined during the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 pm

Yea it's one thing if a player decided not to honor his NHL contract and stay with the KHL but filotov was signed last year while he was with a NHL team. Then he was sent to AHL and decides instead of playing in minors, he would just rather sign a contract with the KHL. He was playing in the KHL in 2012 season. It looks like he's a washout prospect whose days are numbered in America.

You will have to use your buyout on him. Sad

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down