I`ve read the rules and it really doesn`t clarify these questions
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Rules

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:36 pm

here is how i read the rules.
waiver take 47hrs. 2pm to 1PM blah blah blah.
ok

if unclaimed you have 48 hours to move to AAA, Cut, or keep on roster.

if claimed you have 48 to Trade, Release to new team or keep on 25 man roster.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:37 pm

u can rescind and deal to any claiming team, btw

but u cant rescind and deal to a non-claiming team as if u rescind, u gotta keep for X amount of time

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 pm

so you can recind at anytime then. also the 48 hr negotiating clock starts once the plaer is claimed. Am i correct
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:44 pm

also can someone bump the waiver priority list please
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:46 pm

u can rescind anytime and i believe u can only trade within original 48

doing schoolwork n on phone so harder to read rulebook

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:22 pm

U can rescind but cant deal. We change it so that to allow all team time to post waiver claim. I think

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Well I`m going to start to start talking trade now because I don`t want to take the chance of loosing anyone while you guys hash this out
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Off-season waiver rule (2013 Rule Change): If a player is claimed at any time, there are 3 options:
1. Work out a trade with the claiming team; the teams will have a period of 48 hours from the time the waivers period ends to reach a deal.
2. Rescind waivers & player must remain on the original team; the player must remain on your team for the duration of the offseason or placed back on waivers, in which the option to rescind will no longer be there.
3. Player is awarded to the claiming team.
Waivers cannot be rescinded on players to allow the owner to trade with whom they choose.

So from my understanding Mark:
A. You can rescind at anytime within the 47 hour window.
B. Offseason waiver claim is slightly different than in-season rule from my understanding. Since there is no "time pressure" in off-season, you have 48 hours from when the waiver period ends. The waiver period ends 47 hours after Monday at 11:13PM (timestamp)...So that'll be Wednesday at 10:13PM. Add 48 hours to that and you have from Wednesday 10:13PM to Friday 10:13 PM to work a deal.
C) If trade is not worked out, you either rescind or lose the player to claiming team.

i believe u can only trade within original 48
This applies during the season when you don't have as much time to decide on a player. For example, once you place a player on RW, you effectively have 47 hours to decide if you're keeping him or letting him go. I guess this rule is different than "off-season" so that owners don't hum and haw for 47 hrs then another 48 hrs just to buy time for whatever reason (waiting for the week to end to set lineups, waiting for a player to come off the DL, etc.).

This is how I see the rule...
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 pm

Also...

1. Work out a trade with the claiming team;

Currently, London is the claiming team based on Waiver priority. Shouldn't it read:

1. Work out a trade with the claiming teams (pluralized it)? This allows any of the teams that put in a claim to try and work out a trade. This has always been how it worked. I'm sure it was just a typo and the "s" was left out.

I understand why Mark i confused!!!
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:14 pm

It should be claiming team singular. This is how MLB does it. MLB priority is given to your league first, worst to best record, then the other league. When a player is claimed, he can either be 1) awarded to said team, 2) traded to said team or 3) revoked from waivers and stays with his team.

We should have those three options only. Otherwise, there's no point to having revocable waivers. You cannot surpass waiver priority bc you dislike the other team's guys.

Example: JI puts Trout on RW. Obviously everyone claims him. Dustin has highest priority but JI refuses to trade him unless he gets Profar. The only fair & logical thing is either Dustin/JI work something out OR Trout remains in AZ.

I'm not passionate about many rules, but I am re: this
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:17 pm

sounds good to me. The multiple teams things was just what we had in the past. I'm all for how MLB does it. Now this is SIMPLE!!!
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:19 pm

yea, that is what it is supposed to be

i can understand the confusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:20 pm

after allotted time is up, team either trades to winning waiver team, lets go or keeps

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:29 pm

Simple is good. The way it is is too confusing. Ought to rewrite the rule simplifing it
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 pm

When a player is claimed, he can either be 1) awarded to said team, 2) traded to said team or 3) revoked from waivers and stays with his team.

During season - So how about 48 hours from when the last claim is made? Why did we have it at 47 hours anyway?

Off-season - 72 hours (or I'm good with even more time since there is no real rush and owners may not be as active)?

nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 pm

i think we had 47 cuz jb wanted to make sure 48 full hours didnt elapse or some ish

well, we can re do offseason next yr as this offseason is just about over!

and 48 after the claim is official is fine by me

i dont see how anyone can protest...but once u type rescind, u gotta keep.

once things end, u have those 48 to deal to 'waiver winner' team...and if waiver winner team doesnt get guy via claim or deal then he doesnt lose spot in priority

sound good y'all??

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:15 pm

thephilipbrown wrote:It should be claiming team singular. This is how MLB does it. MLB priority is given to your league first, worst to best record, then the other league. When a player is claimed, he can either be 1) awarded to said team, 2) traded to said team or 3) revoked from waivers and stays with his team.

We should have those three options only. Otherwise, there's no point to having revocable waivers. You cannot surpass waiver priority bc you dislike the other team's guys.

Example: JI puts Trout on RW. Obviously everyone claims him. Dustin has highest priority but JI refuses to trade him unless he gets Profar. The only fair & logical thing is either Dustin/JI work something out OR Trout remains in AZ.

I'm not passionate about many rules, but I am re: this

yes this is exactly how it should work. and that is why we wait for the waiver time of 47hr to complete, then the 3 choices.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:18 pm

and we have the 47 hrs cause it is actually more the that.

i post a guy at 8am. the waiver don't actually begin till 2pm and end at 1pm hence 47 hour. the actual time is in the rules.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top