Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

BOS MiLB Roster size (max 60 players) Rule revist

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BOS MiLB Roster size (max 60 players) Rule revist

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:13 pm

I was thinking about this last night.

I think 60 is a great number! but 3 change(s) I want to make and we have time on this and will will vote if your guys agree this can be done.

1) Must begin the season with Max 60 minors, but can go over the maximum once season starts (via Trade, FA, Waivers).

2) if you go over the 60 minor limit the penalty would be your lowest draft pick available on your contract page, beginning with picks in the most recent upcoming draft then the draft two years away. That pick will then go in to 48 hour auction for any other owner to bid on, with auction bid starting with a 100k bid. Your team can now stay at 61 until the Milb player that you paid penalty on is call up to 40 man or removed from your team (so you can be at 61 for maximum of six year).

example
team has 60 minors then trades and now has 61 (owner can either drop any other MiLB or lose a pick ie 7th round pick).

3) At the start of 2014 season which is the year that this rule really takes effect for any team, you can pay the penalty to begin the season i.e. Akron, Texas, Philly.
With the MiLB system you now have and the draft pick coming up there is a chance your team may have to cut MiLB player to start 2014, this would be a one time only chance to any team to go over the maximum limit to begin the season by paying the penalty.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Re: BOS MiLB Roster size (max 60 players) Rule revist

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:19 pm

I can dig it.

There's another idea that I have which was originally discussed by the man JB and myself.

That is, let us go over the amount of 60 by purchasing 'baseball academies' ie, we can go from having 60 to 65 by paying a flat $5mil fee to the league. And go from 65 to 70 by paying 5more or so on. Now, that $$ just gets erased from the books or the bank, or could be spread to lowest teams or something.

But, would be kinda cool to allow teams to have more space should they pay for it. We could further make it an 'academy' by specifying all the players in the above 60 be under 20 and once they're 20, have to make it to the top 60, but that's prob too technical.

So, just as real life teams have their own baseball academies in other countries, allowing us to pay $$$ to have more than the allotted 60 could be kinda cool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:30 pm

I think this is totally unnecessary. We have the max and thats it case closed. We are reverting to being very complicated with all the adjustments to every rule. We are suppose to be keeping it simple but every time you turn around there is another complex idea/rule being put out there. This league is running very smoothly as it is so lets see how it goes without changing things all the time.
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:40 pm

begin the season as in before the rookie draft or before the games?

So i can draft more than 60 with my picks then have to cut down to 60 by the time the season starts or i lose my lowest pick of the next years draft. correct?

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:55 pm

nevermind, i learned how to read.

That works for me. I guess its nicer to have the low picks bid on to make some cash rather than dropping milb guys for pretty much nothing aside from roster space.

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Like Mark said, this is more complicated than it needs to be.

60 is the hard cap. No if, and or buts...just make sure you have 60 or lower before the start of the deadline (whatever and whenever it is)!!!

If somebody actually values more than 60 players on their farm to the point that can't cut one, then they seriously overvalue these guys. IMO

Last edited by nostratimus on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:03 pm

I don't really dig it, no reason to lose picks.

I would be more in favor with JI's suggestion or simply paying 500k for every minor leaguer you have over the 60 man limit.

No reason to start taking picks from people. It's not a bad rule and might add a little jazz but it's just too much for me. We have enough stuff going on already.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Ballbasherz wrote: I think this is totally unnecessary. We have the max and thats it case closed. We are reverting to being very complicated with all the adjustments to every rule. We are suppose to be keeping it simple but every time you turn around there is another complex idea/rule being put out there. This league is running very smoothly as it is so lets see how it goes without changing things all the time.

just an idea mark not hard to understand, am not changing the rule am getting the league thoughts on an idea.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:47 pm

I just expressed my opinion on the matter. Didnt say I didnt understand it. Just saying there is no need for it
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ford15qb on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:56 pm

Being new to the league, it seems to me that this would just complicate things.

60 minor league players seem like plenty to have on a team. Just looking at some of the minor leaguers on teams, there seem to be quite a few that will just be career minor leaguers and never make it to the big league. If a team does have 60 minor leaguers I am sure there is someone they can get rid of that really has no value.
ford15qb
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 pm

ok, just want to get views.

keep posting guys.

we will review in the off season and decide if we should vote base on the pro and coon you guys post!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 pm

^ good point!

some teams who are building like to follow their minor leaguers, but yea, if u need more than 60, that's cray!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus on Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:03 pm

Ya I have lots of minor league talent (I hope) but also a ton of stinkers that will be getting dropped next year Smile 60 is plenty

Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bshirt7 on Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:31 pm

I think it just makes it more complicated.
bshirt7
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:29 pm

I don't think having an academy (or whatever you want to call it) makes anything complicated at all. It's not mandatory to have one, so it really only affects those that do. If I choose to spend MY money on it, let me.

Make it a flat fee (like $5 for every 10 players) and have it begin when the season's financial season begins, be it Opening Day, start of FA, end of season, July 1, after rookie draft.

I don't see why we can't give people options when there's a pretty easy & workable solution.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa on Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:58 pm

nostratimus wrote:Like Mark said, this is more complicated than it needs to be.

60 is the hard cap. No if, and or buts...just make sure you have 60 or lower before the start of the deadline (whatever and whenever it is)!!!

If somebody actually values more than 60 players on their farm to the point that can't cut one, then they seriously overvalue these guys. IMO

^Makes the most sense to me
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:05 pm

MistaDuMa wrote:

^Makes the most sense to me

me two, less complicated then what i was saying but allows for you to grow minors for a fee. I understand some guys don't care for the large minors system but those guys can stay at under 60. I for one have fun looking at minors and growing that system.

I think we vote on this system in off-season. $5 to increase 10 spots, per year fee is good! makes team that are rebuilding with larger minor system use $$$.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:36 pm

Well, I think there HAVE been ifs, ands, and buts raised on this issue. And I disagree with your opinion on overvaluing 60+ prospects. Again, you haven't really presented a reasonable, rational, argument or solution. If you don't want to have over 10 prospects, fine. No one is forcing you to do so. If I want to have 1,000 and am willing to pay for it, where's the harm? It really isn't complicated at all, particularly if it doesn't pertain to you.

It's like you guys are complaining about the ins & outs of astrophysics when you work at McDonalds.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by expos on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:36 pm

I could be wrong...but Do the Yankees have 19 farm teams? I don't think so.

I agree with Tim..there should be a limit of 60....period.
expos
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:41 pm

Well, we have about half the teams of MLB so either we should have double the amount of milb teams, or half.

Either way, that would add up to more than 60, lol.

Best not to use real life comps in this, I don't think.

I see both arguments and am fine with either. But it does have teams use cash in order to roster more milb, which at least gets rebuilding teams spending, lol.

I just think it'd be fun to have extra if you pay.

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:30 pm

expos wrote:I could be wrong...but Do the Yankees have 19 farm teams? I don't think so.

I agree with Tim..there should be a limit of 60....period.

Again, you guys are basically using "Because I said so" as your reason. I would be open to a discussion if there was a real argument.

Mark, we had a system where you can have unlimited prospects. We then put a cap on it but the cap isn't even in effect yet. How exactly is that changing a simple system when the simple system isn't in place?

I legitimately don't understand the opposition. I'll listen to a well thought out explanation, but the current stance isn't doing it for me.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:55 am

I think there been enough Pros with value that we will vote on this come next winter meeting.

it will be a payment to expand, simple $5M for every 10 extra spots, this does not hurt anyone team. it allows team to trade for additional picks/MiLB if at 60 or close to 60.

It also allows for each GM to run their team as they like.

I for one like it!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:09 am

I completely support that.

Each person should run their team as they like. Just pay a little more for more spots.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:00 pm

Well, didn't we vote on this already? The results...60 max! So what's the point of voting if we just vote again and again?

Phil, what points have you raised about the pros of having more than 60 milb? Other than the fact that you'd pay for them and Dan saying it'd be kind of fun that some teams can pay a little more for extra guys. So when you decide to present a reasonable, rational, argument or solution, then maybe your word will hold more value.

Here's my argument:

Reasonable - it's not reasonable to vote on the same issue every single year! That sounds very reasonable to me.

Rational - It's rational to let rules/systems to play out for a few years before we decide to make changes. Unless of course we're closing loopholes or have noticed a severe misinterpretation of a rule.

Here's my solution:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

- Mark (VA) 2010-Present

Honestly, if you want 100 plus prospects in your system, just join or create a prospects-only fantasy league. You can make it dynasty league where you only lose them once they play 1000 MLB games. That way, you can own them for 15 years after they're drafted. Better yet, you can even draft them while they're in HS so they stay with you your entire lifetime. That's my solution to you!

Don't take it personally, just having some fun Very Happy
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Well if the league feels the way you do, then you will win the vote to keep it at 60 lol.

Don't take it personally that some of us would like to put it up to a vote again. lol Razz

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 pm

I just want to ask whats the issue with guys paying for more than 60?

The argument that there couldnt be a reason why a team should need more than 60 is irrelevant. The draft is still gonna go 7 rounds so there is still gonna be the same amount of milb players in the league regardless.

I just see no problem with putting it up for a vote in the offseason. If owners dont want this, then it will simply get voted down. No big deal.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:24 pm

Tim's point on voting again on the same issue is fair, though.

However, that was to cap it, which we did. This imposes a fee if we add more, so in that sense, it makes it different, so thus, I feel a vote is warranted.

While we could've voted on this when we capped it before, it wasn't really brought up n what's the harm in trying to 'perfect the league' when we can??

Just as the goal of any President is to have us become a more perfect union, our goal for the league should be to improve what we can, when we can.

I get that some want to leave well enough alone, but that's what voting is for.

And with 10 votes needed now, a clear majority will decide..

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:24 pm

nostratimus wrote:Well, didn't we vote on this already? The results...60 max! So what's the point of voting if we just vote again and again?

Phil, what points have you raised about the pros of having more than 60 milb? Other than the fact that you'd pay for them and Dan saying it'd be kind of fun that some teams can pay a little more for extra guys. So when you decide to present a reasonable, rational, argument or solution, then maybe your word will hold more value.

Here's my argument:

Reasonable - it's not reasonable to vote on the same issue every single year! That sounds very reasonable to me.

Rational - It's rational to let rules/systems to play out for a few years before we decide to make changes. Unless of course we're closing loopholes or have noticed a severe misinterpretation of a rule.

Here's my solution:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

- Mark (VA) 2010-Present

Honestly, if you want 100 plus prospects in your system, just join or create a prospects-only fantasy league. You can make it dynasty league where you only lose them once they play 1000 MLB games. That way, you can own them for 15 years after they're drafted. Better yet, you can even draft them while they're in HS so they stay with you your entire lifetime. That's my solution to you!

Don't take it personally, just having some fun Very Happy

Tim yes we voted on setting a cap number YES no argument. going from Unlimited to 60 was a good thing. UNLIMITED was not the answer we agreed and passed the vote.

I suggested that 60 a great # for maybe 1/2 our league, but for a premium i would like to go over that. your first 60 MiLB is free the next 10 and every ten after that will cost your team a tax.

we are not changing the rule will are just amend a bit to allow team to go over the 60 for a tax/premium.

i think there been good pro and cons here form what a gather will it get the 2/3 votes it need to amend? IDK we will see in winter meetings.

you guys all want simple, I for one want a Fantasy GM feel, From Day one that was the goal, will everything we suggest pass NO.

would i love you guy to toss up more ideas get crazy yes would be fun to hear what you guys would like.

Granted am not trying to change the our league just try to give us all the GM feel. since this is funny money we can never have a luxury tax, or a cap on draft bonus money like in real life, but we can play with the roster size and applies taxes on our roster size. there is nothing to lose in allow any GM to pay $5 to add 10 MiLB roster spots.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:46 pm

I'm all for new ideas and changes. Everybody obviously has their own biases and opinions about certain directions.

My last rant had nothing to do with the proposed idea about >60 milb guys. More about Phil's stance that we should all answer to him because whatever he thinks, it comes with more sophistication and knowledge. That's my interpretation at least.

I understand that in a league of 16 guys, heck we had problems when it was 12, rarely is there a unanimous decision. We'll vote on things and sometimes it goes the way I like it and sometimes not. No biggie.

nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:48 pm

Phil brings the unique blend of sophistication, knowledge, negativity and sarcasm!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top