PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

BOS MiLB Roster size (max 60 players) Rule revist

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: BOS MiLB Roster size (max 60 players) Rule revist

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 pm

How's this for a real GM fantasy feel for the prospect hoards out there...

signing bonuses in the first 2 rounds. I think VSF had mandatory salaries attached to guys ased on their pick #. So in BoS, top 3 guys get a signing bonus of 3 mil. 4-7 = 2.5M, 8-10 = 2 mil, and so on. Pick slots and values are just examples...

Bonuses can be more or less. This brings more equity into the league, like JI stated in the "REVISITING past ideas". Just a thought.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:59 pm

YES!

There are signing bonuses in real life, so why not here???

Def feel this should be limited to the 1st two rounds and it'd add another element to making picks.

Do you gamble on a guy who could be a star, or go for the 'safe' guy because you're paying a couple mil bonus??

And it's another layer when dealing up for a pick..

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:16 pm

nostratimus wrote:How's this for a real GM fantasy feel for the prospect hoards out there...

signing bonuses in the first 2 rounds. I think VSF had mandatory salaries attached to guys ased on their pick #. So in BoS, top 3 guys get a signing bonus of 3 mil. 4-7 = 2.5M, 8-10 = 2 mil, and so on. Pick slots and values are just examples...

Bonuses can be more or less. This brings more equity into the league, like JI stated in the "REVISITING past ideas". Just a thought.

write up the proposal for the rule. it could be something for the entire 1st round tim. bonus tax to 1st 1-16!

i like it!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:25 pm

I guess having over 60 milb is going to fly. I like the tax idea for the next 10 and the tax should escalate with every 10 there after. I still feel that if you need more than 60 milb you are doing something wrong even if you are rebuilding. To me you should be able to put a competative team on the field during the course of a rebuild. This way the same teams dont get the best picks year in year out.

What about a tax/fine for any team that is in a rebuild mode that doesn`t show any improvement in 3 years. By improvement I mean moving up in the standings. I feel after that length of time with the top talent in your system an improvement should be seen.
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:28 pm

+1 on Tax Escalation.

guys 61-70 = $5mil
71-80= $7.5mil
81-90= $10mil
91-100= $10mil

Absolute max of 100 prospects.

Remember, you only pay the tax once to lock in the higher numbers, so it's not like every yr you're paying to roster those guys, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:37 pm

So if there is an ABSOLUTE 100 prospects why not just have the ABSOLUTE number at 60. Then we don`t have to deal with all this foolishness. I know I`m in the minority on this but on the tax scale the 91-100 has to be more than the 81-90. Can`t have 2 tiers the same amount of tax. The 91-100 should be $13 at least. If you gonna have have that many prospects you gotta pay
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:40 pm

well, now you're nitpicking, lol.

just giving an idea that if we add more, we can have 4 additional layers where people pay to add more

5 for the first 10, 7.5 for the next 10 and 10 each of the next two tens is a lot man.

feel that 10 is a good, round number to end the scale on. if someone went from 60 to 100, they'd be paying a whopping 22.5 for that right to roster more dudes

that's pretty fair

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus on Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Ballbasherz wrote:

What about a tax/fine for any team that is in a rebuild mode that doesn`t show any improvement in 3 years. By improvement I mean moving up in the standings. I feel after that length of time with the top talent in your system an improvement should be seen.

This is where the salary cap by performance kicks in...which you vehemently opposed. Maybe all this talk has or will change your views. AND...maybe the performance cap is tied into this >60 farm system so that it's "all or none" type deal. Again, this is just talk so nobody needs to get into a hissy fit over it...yet Very Happy
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:12 pm

i`m not in any hissy at all. just trying to understand the reasoning and add my 2 cents
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:39 pm

you mustve collected a million pennies over your 150 years on this planet as you're always talking bout ur 2 cents geek

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 pm

ok i thought it would be nicer than my fuckin opinion
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm

hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by thephilipbrown on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Tim, thank you for presenting a case for your side. I chose not to explicitly bring up points bc others had already made them. My fault for thinking people could infer. Again, I'll say we're amending a rule that's not actually in effect.

I'm not taking anything personally. I don't know any of you & will never know you, so there's that. I merely wanted an explanation bc that's how disagreements are worked out.

I do not favor the bonus/slot proposal. Does it apply to everyone or just teams over the cap? I think the $x/x # of players is easier to track. Plus there are guys in MLB rule 4 draft who sign for under slot. It's a good idea but doesn't work bc there's no actual negotiation.
thephilipbrown
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top