Post by MistaDuMa on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:38 pm

He could easily go 9/7.5/6/4.5/3 to end the discussion lol

MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Wesley Matthews (POR- SG/SF) FA

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Well, we eliminated doing stuff like 4/27 instead of 4/25 because people would take their time bidding, only to have a 1mil over the course of the whole deal end the discussion-- hence raising by 10perc for a 2bidder or a 1mil per as a 1bidder.

Otherwise, it's back to before when people could bid whenever and we'd have to decipher if 3/20 is really better than 2/16.

Get it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Considering you and JI bid over $60m for Ellis who is ranked in the 4th round, you think $25m for Matthews who is ranked in the 5th is crazy? Even if you think that Ellis is more even more superior than Matthews, do you really think he is twice as good? ($60m vs $30m?) So what exactly is the basis of your analysis? Is it that Matthews doesn't look good in the colors red and black?

Also I have a little bit more cash in hand than you, so I can throw it around a bit more(and I need to). 

Back on topic:

Bids Remaining: 0
Contract Years: 5
Total Contract: $30M
Option: no
Structure:
1) $9M 2) $7.5M 3) $6M 
4) $4.5M 4) $3M

Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Wes getting paid!

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:00 pm

I should get a tip from DC for doing the math for him

MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:01 pm

JI- maybe I am missing your point. But this is another way of expressing mine:

As a owner, why would I say to myself...."the other owner bid $25m over 5 yrs...should I bid $25m over 4 yrs OR $40m (60% increase in avg. salary) over 4 yrs?" Who would choose the second option? 

Either the logic of that rule is incorrect or I am missing something but the wording of it needs to change.

Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Haha. Easy DC, my analysis is pretty simple... I don't like Wes. And I knew I was overpaying ellis and had a 40m cap I didn't wanna go over. I more don't like McCollum breathing down Wes neck in coming years and also the fact Batum can slide to SG and so can this season and next Mo... I just don't like him much lol. But all the best with him

thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:05 pm

Vegas- you called it. I don't feel that happy about possibly getting him at that price, but front loading the contract helps with the cash I have. 

Gonna try to make the playoffs for once so you punks can get off my back Very Happy

Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Haha. Good! I love everyone trying to make the playoffs and you have a good team to do it! If you want some extra cash for Wes I will buy Kanter off you Very Happy Very Happy 

thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:12 pm

McCollum just broke his foot and is out indefinitely. Batum would never be played at SG and Mo is too small to play SG.

I'm surprised you didn't rebid on him since you have all that extra cash for a easy front loaded contract. Granted paying $9 or$10 a year for Wes is silly but when the cash will disappear if not spent then it's fine. I would think of it more as a 7.5/6/4./3 contract since the usual cash sink in picks are being hoarded by Philly so there's nothing to spend it on.

MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:13 pm

Well, Deniz, it's just logic- a 4/25 deal is much better for a player than 5/25.

We can't allow things like 4/27 to usurp 4/25 cuz that opens a whole other can of worms.

Those bidding rules were worked out for a reason. The wording doesn't need to change when it's listed very early on that you either match the total $$$ or raise the avg. The latter of which is reserved for those situations to where you can lessen years, but not meet the same total $$$. I do not have the inclination to figure them out, but I know they were worked out at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:17 pm

I am not saying 4/25 isn't better than 5/25. I am on board there. Yes it is better. 

My problem is with the second part of that rule. The 60% increase option. However, I will take your word for it and assume that there are scenarios where someone would rather take that option over just matching the total salary amount with one less year.

Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:20 pm

McCollum will not be out more than 8 weeks based on reports. That's first month of season. But I'm more looking at next year and the ones after, Batum will not lose minutes and mo isn't a starting SG sure but he is still a gunner if the be ch who has played SG and likely will next to lillard at times again.

Your right about the money thai id love to get in on this and use it, but whilst this years fine its that amount on a second year of paying Wes like 8m which is tough to swallow... That's when I do need that money to resign my guys. I'd like to do a front loaded offer but I'm just scared of that price on year 2/3 and from a FUN perspective whilst I could use Matthews I just don't really like him Smile

thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:27 pm

A backcourt with McCollum and Lillard is very small. In my opinion McCollum, who has yet to play one game, is more of a 6th man, like the Jet than a starter in this league. I could be wrong but I guess we will see.

Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 pm

Find someone to give a 1yr 20mil deal to, Mark. Hahhaah

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Or well, 17.63.

Fuck. Maybe I shoulda sold my TJ 1 to you instead of Darrin, lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes I'd like that. Smile come on now! Haha.

thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:45 pm

and yes you should have! But I didn't know about Aldridge for sure or not at the time and want the $20m rollover.

thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:46 pm

As of now, 17.63 of wasted $$$ for ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Pretty sure everyone knew I was gonna match or else I'd have over $40m with nothing to spend it on

MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 on Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Yeah I know I wasn't fast enough with deciding what I was gonna do with my money and lot out on monta and Aldridge and missed te chance to bid on some lesser guys... Oh well!

thebarnes23
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 am

Someone offers a 2yr 1/1 deal for a total of 2mil.

The 60% is for smaller deals where a 1.6 mil 1 yr offer is sufficient instead of having to make a 1 yr 2 mil offer.  In some instances the 60% doesnt apply which is why an owner is given the option.

DmanofGod1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:15 am

@DmanofGod1 wrote:Someone offers a 2yr 1/1 deal for a total of 2mil.

The 60% is for smaller deals where a 1.6 mil 1 yr offer is sufficient instead of having to make a 1 yr 2 mil offer.  In some instances the 60% doesnt apply which is why an owner is given the option.
thanks bud

Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:04 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top