PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

BoS Rule Idea- Amending Jap Posting

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BoS Rule Idea- Amending Jap Posting

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:40 am

Alright, since we're in Rule Talk Only mode for BoS, I thought I'd come up with something.

Let us bid on the players that come over from Jap with our own 'posting style' system. Now, since we cannot do a blind bid, what I propose is that we use our $$$ and do a big auction.

So if I bid 50 mil and happen to win, I get the 6 yr rights to Tanaka.

Now, I've noticed that the Japs usually sign for roughly the same amount as the posting fee. So why not put that into our equation?

Make it to where, whatever high bid wins the auction, the owner gets to pay him that amount over 6 years.

So like, let's say I bid 50 mil and win the rights to Tanaka. I then get to sign him to a 6 yr 50 mil dollar deal, for 100 mil overall. It'd be 50 off the top + whatever yr 1 costs for my first yr commitment.

The overall amount is the 100 mil or so that he'd get paid in FA, but it'd be more realistic to make it this way. AND it makes you really use ur warchest funds.

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

Re: BoS Rule Idea- Amending Jap Posting

Post by nostratimus on Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:36 pm

Without putting too much thought into it yet, I like it!  What I like about it best is that it will make people spend their war chest money!  Assuming of course, they actually bid on it.
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:32 am

Glad you like, Tim!

I think it could be very useful.

Would like more insight, altho I know 'rule ideas' aren't as sexy as Trout deals, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top