PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Draft Picks

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Draft Picks

Post by Doug on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:21 pm

But my point is, if a team that is eliminated with 3 weeks left, or in your example with 5 or 6 weeks left in the season, they are likely in that position because they couldn't compete over the first 20 weeks of the season. Under that scenario, it's hard for me to penalize a team because they can't compete after elimination when they couldn't compete before elimination. If I understand your concept, you're making it sound like a team can just flip a switch and all of a sudden be a better team because they've chose to start paying attention to their line-ups. I could be wrong, I may be missing something.
Doug
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:45 pm

No Phil your the cynic I`m the hater haha:(
Ballbasherz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:55 pm

What does that make me?

I just think you need to fill your roster and change your lineup. Do the Mets or Astros fail to field a complete team during games 100-162? No, they have a full roster and all 9 people on the field. This is not too much to ask.

I OPEN BIDS SO LAZY PEOPLE DON'T HAVE TO...
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa on Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Doug wrote:But my point is, if a team that is eliminated with 3 weeks left, or in your example with 5 or 6 weeks left in the season, they are likely in that position because they couldn't compete over the first 20 weeks of the season. Under that scenario, it's hard for me to penalize a team because they can't compete after elimination when they couldn't compete before elimination. If I understand your concept, you're making it sound like a team can just flip a switch and all of a sudden be a better team because they've chose to start paying attention to their line-ups. I could be wrong, I may be missing something.
This ^

It's not like this is real life where they can just be like "Oh we have to play better NOW so we can get a better draft pick" The real life players are just gonna play their game without even knowing ours existed. The example provided previous would work in real life since management would ride coaches and players if they were mailing it in but there's no way to do that for fantasy. 

All in all, leave it the way we have it. It's not an overly complex change but it's a change we really don't need since the stated problem, tanking for picks, is not an issue with our league. We don't have players benching Trout, Cano, and Cabrera so that they can play Torii Hunter. We have active owners and our bottom teams this year have shown a well vested interest and are tenured members.
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:12 pm

Yea, you're right, Thai and others.

I sorta hopped on Peter's idea and switched it, as I can see the need to keep teams going for something, which giving 1st pick to 7th seed would.

But it hasn't really proven to be that big a need. And if we did have guys benching All Stars, removal is a better remedy anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top