Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

RFA bids on your own players (Discussion)

+3
johnscrn
BossSquig
Xezus
7 posters

Go down

RFA bids on your own players (Discussion) Empty RFA bids on your own players (Discussion)

Post by Xezus Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:28 am

One of our newest members has made what I am assuming to be an error and bid on his own RFA's after offering up an RFA offer.

In the past in other leagues this has caused the owner to lose matching rights on that player and he becomes an UFA. With the highest bidder winning the player.  This is a strategy to allow you to win back your RFA players if you have more than two up for new contracts.

I would like feedback on what would be an appropriate way to handle the situation.  and I would like to hear from Redrob as well in this thread.

Shall all the RFA's bid on turn into UFA's as per prior other league decisions (which hasn't been addressed in this league before, nor are hockey specific owners familiar with it, Hell i wasnt even familiar with it)

Shall all his bids be nullified and winning bids be the previous bidder? (meaning he would be forced to decide which 2 to match out of his multitude of RFA's)

Shall he (redrob) get to choose which players turn into RFA's and which turn into UFA's    (multiple sub-options with this option)  we could extend the bidding on all the bids for another 24 hours allowing UFA's to be clearly marked as UFA's and the RFA's clearly marked as RFA's.

This is all under the assumption that he made a mistake and was not planning on those RFA's becoming UFA's.  I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt and try to work out a solution that gives him a little leeway.

Let me know your thoughts in this thread, to minimize chatter on bids.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

RFA bids on your own players (Discussion) Empty Re: RFA bids on your own players (Discussion)

Post by BossSquig Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:32 am

I am definitely for RFA's turning into UFA's when you bid on your own. 

I would be for giving Redrob the benefit of the doubt and allow him to choose which are RFA's and which became UFA's.
BossSquig
BossSquig
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

RFA bids on your own players (Discussion) Empty Re: RFA bids on your own players (Discussion)

Post by johnscrn Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:37 am

1. I believe what is done in the other leagues is the best way for this to be handled in the future and should be added to the rule book.

2. since it wasn't in the rule book rob should get to decide which he wants as RFAs (assuming he didn't know the rule).

3. no one called him on it until bids were over so I think his bids should all count and we continue on from there.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by michiganfan1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:33 am

I agree with what the others have said. I think they should become UFAs if they are bid on by there original owner but I think Redrob should get the benefit of the doubt and be allowed to choose the RFAs because it wasn't clearly stated in the rules and he is new to the league.
michiganfan1
michiganfan1
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:08 am

ok

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:13 am

Agreed

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:13 am

BossSquig wrote:I am definitely for RFA's turning into UFA's when you bid on your own. 

I would be for giving Redrob the benefit of the doubt and allow him to choose which are RFA's and which became UFA's.

agree

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:24 pm

Yep agree with what everyone said.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bshirt7 Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:36 pm

agreed

RFA bids on your own players (Discussion) 08d99260b5f31ffcdc27d725c716e89b
bshirt7
bshirt7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:09 pm

I guess there's been a few areas of confusion for me. I didn't know that you only supply the opening bid only!!!  

I guess this means you want to put your best price on every player as your opening bid?

I figured since I have 3 bids per each player it made sense to me to start my opening bid low than if someone bids higher than i'll just bid higher than him if i think the player is worth that amount of money.

Sine there's only 2 matches allowed…and i'm only allowed to open the bid…i'm going to lose all my RFA's (practically my whole team)...since i can only match two of them…to me it makes sense to keep on bidding until the best price is won.

So I guess I've screwed up the process…what happens now with the players I've already put numerous offers on?

So confusing...

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:14 pm

Looks like everyone is cool with reopening the bids and having clear designations on who is an RFA and who is a UFA.

So once rob posts his list of which is which we can reopen the bids.

if there are no bids within 24 hours of redrob's designation post, the highest bidder will be from the last round of bidding.

Thanks for your input everyone.

I feel this is a fair and reasonable exception.

In the future any bidding on your own RFA's will result in them becoming UFA's.  which is totally cool and legal as you may want to keep as many of your previous players as possible.

I will get that in the rulebook soon.

Thanks
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:24 pm

do we really need another 24 hours? The bidding played itself out. Can't he just pick his RFAs within 48 hours of closing and any future bids on an RFA makes it a UFA? 
This messes with people who are out of bids while others may have had money freed up. (I know I'm not posting this in time for a group vote so I guess it will just play out)
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:43 pm

sorry for the delay…I'll list my players below and state if they become RFA or UFA.

1) Jonas Hiller - UFA
2) Oliver Ekman-Larson - RFA
3) Patrice Bergeron - UFA
4) Kari Lehtonen - RFA
5) Brent Seabrook - UFA
6) Ryan Callaghan - UFA
7) Ben Bishop - UFA

Let me know if this makes sense and when re-bidding should start

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:43 pm

so I guess Rob's RFAs are locked then cause otherwise we are just running up the price on him. But the others re-open? Doesn't seem right.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:50 pm

He still has the option to match or not. I don't really know what the best way was to handle this. It appeared this would give a lot of people a chance to bid again regarding some of the bids throwing them off. At least now the RFAs and UFAs are designated.   He loses his ability to decide who he wants to match out of the 7 guys after the bids are over. I think this is fair enough for all involved. Without making all his guys ufas.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:52 pm

Xezus wrote:He still has the option to match or not. I don't really know what the best way was to handle this. It appeared this would give a lot of people a chance to bid again regarding some of the bids throwing them off. At least now the RFAs and UFAs are designated.   He loses his ability to decide who he wants to match out of the 7 guys after the bids are over. I think this is fair enough for all involved. Without making all his guys ufas.
Yeah I guess his two choices for RFAs don't need to be reopened the bidding did play itself out. But I think reopening the new UFAs would be more fair to all.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Yea it is what it is.  I specifically bid on Lehtonen because I thought he was a UFA because he bid on him.

The rules were unclear.  No big deal.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:09 am

Redrob50 wrote:sorry for the delay…I'll list my players below and state if they become RFA or UFA.

1) Jonas Hiller - UFA
2) Oliver Ekman-Larson - RFA
3) Patrice Bergeron - UFA
4) Kari Lehtonen - RFA
5) Brent Seabrook - UFA
6) Ryan Callaghan - UFA
7) Ben Bishop - UFA

Let me know if this makes sense and when re-bidding should start

So when does the 24 hour clock start on Rob's UFA's? 7:43pm on Friday? Let's clear it up now so we don't have more confusion later.
nostratimus
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:49 am

They are open now. Some guys have already been bid on. They will just follow the same 24 hour highest bid normal process for the free agents.  The 24 hr. Period began when he posted his list. So the ufas began at 843 pm last night. And anyone that hasn't been bid on by tonight by 843 will go to the highest bidder from the previous session
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:13 am

This is my first free agency too, can I pick my RFAs and then get a second shot at the rest? #GettingScrewedForTakingTheTimeToResearchHowShitWorks #FML 

Detroit should get a second shot too, he had his team for even less time than Rob and yet he knew that running up the cost of his own RFAs would not be a good idea. Little did we know it would have given us a huge advantage.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down