Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

2015 Salary Hoops Draft

+7
thebarnes23
Dalpsar
HELLFISH
bshirt7
dboy77_2000
DmanofGod1
itssamman
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2015 Salary Hoops Draft - Page 2 Empty Re: 2015 Salary Hoops Draft

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:56 pm

Oh you mean the illegal roster that I didn't know about because you administered te salary pages wrong and it looked like I was fine according to everything and your so invested in the league that YOU as commish not only had errors on the page but didn't notice for 6 months? Bravo for putting that on me again. Your stellar run of never admitting fault or trying to improve anything continues.

If you think it's rude for me to send someone an offer that's not to their liking but ok to ignore people in the league you should step down as commissioner. Everyone values players differently - just because you and Dan huddle up and laugh at my offers doesn't mean other will - Dustin and me made a deal in about 5 minutes last week. Everyone is different in how they value stuff but that's never an excuse to ignore people parotcualtky when I'm actually an active member of the league and actually try and compete.

Let me let you in on something sam - anyone who is good for this league leaves or think it's fucked and is pissed off with it. Your attitude and view is poor for a team manager let alone for a guy who is meant to be the commissioner. This league is in the toilet just waiting for someone to flush it.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:02 pm

In defense of Sam, there really is no hurry here.  I'm sure if the draft still wasn't done when it was getting closer to free agency, Sam would then enforce a time limit.  It's the way he chooses to run the league.

I've always thought it was required to respond to trade PMs (not necessarily on the clock PMs).  Some owners are more active than others.  It doesn't take long to press reply and type, "not interested."  Several owners (Phil, Neal) were removed in the past for similar instances.  Sam and I used to have a good relationship and now we don't.  But I appreciate that regardless of such, he's been respectful to still respond to my trade PMs.  

I'm sure everyone appreciates respect in spite of difference.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Sam has different rules depending who you are. I can't respect that.

But for 3 years I've respected everyone in the league even when guys including the commissioner won't show me respect in return. This isn't just me either.

I respond to everyone. That should be a pre requisite of any league.

I've had enough of being a active member and ignoring the bullshit. Sam your not a good commissioner and your not impartial and you have no ability to run the league in a way that's ever going to be good for it.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:37 pm

Dustin is right. The no time-limit was done because I don't want the offseason to be as serious as during the season. Believe it or not, 4-5 other people in this league like this hands-off approach during the offseason, so this is not merely for me.

Trashing someone else's players and then asking for them in trades is by no means a way to do trades, let alone business. Don't even start with saying how everyone has a different trade approach, it's pretty common trading etiquette not to belittle someone else's players, so you can get what you want. 

Responding to PMs should be done, but when someone is just being ridiculous and wants responses for everything that is sent out, thats really no bueno. There has been countless times where I've literally spent hours writing drafts and sent to editors, and they don't even bother to respond. If I were like you, I wouldn't be anywhere with that mentality. 

As to when you saying you're entitled to a response even with a lebron for 2nd rounder?? Here's my response to that:
2015 Salary Hoops Draft - Page 2 Nick-young-confused-face-300x256

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:33 pm

I believe that every PM deserves a reply, regardless of how questionable the trade might be. It's rather upsetting when you send an offer to someone and you can see that they've looked at it but chose not to reply. What might seem silly or ridiculous to you might make perfect sense to me but how am I supposed to know that without any feedback. I've gotten silly offers from people and I'm sure some of my offers have seemed dumb but I always reply at the very least with, "How does this trade benefit me?" 

This was a trade that would seem like a legit WTF but I'm sure after it was thoughtfully explained then it made sense. 

Philly Sends
Dante Exum (PG-UTA)  4/4/(5)/(6.25)
Pick #7
2.5 mil

DC Sends
Damian Lillard (PG-POR) 3/(4)
Vitor Faverani (CHA-C) 3/2/(5)

If someone had sent me that offer I'd think it was dumb but obviously Darrin made a thoughtful pitch or vice versa and it eventually stuck. The main point is, you never know unless you give feedback.

It's a basic courtesy, you just reply when spoken to. I just opened up a new restaurant, I still find the two minutes to reply to messages when I'm taking a deuce. Last year when I opened up a bar I was super swamped but still managed to give meaningful responses. Just a very simple, "No thanks not interested" is more then sufficient. It's just part of being active and respectful to your fellow GMs.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:45 pm

Agree 100 percent with Thai. I'm te owner and managing director of a pretty large company. Anyone on here would know Im always available and always reply.

And Sam you can say what you like but I don't "belittle and trash" other people players. That's garbage. And it's a pretty big statement to make unless you've seen everyone of my pitches.

It's irrelevant what you have given back to you in your job and I wouldn't talk to me About how to do business.

Instead of having a go at me take on board some
Feedback for once in your (fantasy) life and act like a commsioner instead of a child who has everyone playing in the sand pit they own. Sorry but I've put up with it since I've entered this league and I'm tired of it and by the sounds of it a few others are to. Conveniently it's the managers who actually give a shit and contribute to the league.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:23 am

Thai&Sydney, you have a fair point. It's common courtesy to respond to everyone that we can, but the world doesn't always work that way. Sometimes we see a message, and we get livid at what's there and refuse to respond to it. If the person chooses to read it and doesn't respond, maybe he planned to respond at a later time and then simply forgot? Now if the recipient, hasn't opened the PM in days, then that would be a problem. I don't think sending a follow-up message would hurt, and that's something to consider if you really are looking for an answer. Similar to the real world, I think we can all agree that we would all have a better peace of mind had all our applications and messages were responded back from HR, girls, etc., but unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.  

Sydney, I don't think you knowingly operated that you were over the cap, but that doesn't give you the right to trash us and put all the blame on us. Dan, Dustin, and I edit the contract pages to the best of our ability and it's not fair for the blame to all be on us when a mistake is made. Owners are also responsible for their own pages and to look for mistakes that we make on them. 

I've already mentioned it, but when Dan and us revamped the contracts page last fall, he specifically said to keep a backup of your own rosters.

https://salarysports.forumotion.net/t11919-hoops-contract-page-emergency

The reason I'm so irked with you is how you won't take any part of the blame, especially when you refuse to want to get fined. Had this gone for anyone of us accidentally, I guarantee you we would all be responsible for the same consequences.  

It's quite ironic how you have the responsibility of keeping tabs on your own team, and managing it to confine within the rules, yet you talk as if we don't give a fuck about this league. Our jobs are to keep manage our own teams, updating ALL teams in the league, and figuring out how to improve on the league, yet all we get judged on is our inability to keep track of all your transactions. Every offseason I always start a thread and ask for feedback for rules that need amending and new rules that could work. If I didn't give a fuck about this league, would I even bother to do that?

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:32 am

Sam- I guess my main frustration (and it carried over to this draft) is how there are teams that are consistently on the bottom AND do not make major attempts to make their team better. At one point I was at the bottom consistently but that wasn't due to me not trying. The same can't be said by some teams in this league. You may disagree with this, but I firmly believe it. If those teams started trying or we had managers who cared, then I think most of the issues in this league would be addressed. I know you like to defend some people's activities but to be honest it drives me wild. Free league or not, when I came into this league the standards and communication were higher, now some of us don't like each other, don't communicate, etc.

Thai- I am happy you brought up that trade as it describes my point about communication and being active in this league. 

Looking back, I probably should of never made that deal. However the logic at the time was that I had 4 guys with expiring RFA rights and I wanted to let go of two of them, while the value was high for them. Thus I put Lillard on the block and Philly gave me the best offer. Should I have gotten more than that? Yes. However I personally believe that due to inactivity by some team owners allowed Lillard to go that low. You can also make that point with other trades in this league too. I have seen several last year especially when it involved large sums of cash. 

End Rant.
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:42 am

I really don't care how the world works.

I'd like everyone to respond to PMs on this forum out of common respect to one another.

The disconnect is that Sam feels like he's defending a hands off off season approach while others (including me) are questioning whether an owner is doing what's required for him to own a team on this forum.

Owners have been removed in the past for not logging onto the forum, answering PMs and setting their lineups on yahoo. Last year, La Jolla went stretches of not logging on (even a month), rarely answers PMs and didn't set his yahoo lineups several times last year. And when this was brought to your attention, you just ignored it, defended it or got into a huge argument about it.

Do you understand how this looks like you have a different standard for some than others?

I'm not even calling for anyone's removal. I just want everyone to respond to PMs, set their lineups and log on occasionally. And if a person can't do that, no biggie. No shame in stepping down and we will find another person that will.

I don't care about trading and I certainly don't mind the quiet off season approach.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:02 am

I for one do agree that there should be a reply to a question or an offer, But I have also broken this where I, just not replied to some GM offers. it happens you open the PM and lol and dont reply. I have done that. Now as for a Your on the clock, maybe a thanks but when i PM or AIM an other GM a reminder message like that i don't care if they reply. It's just a reminder. NOW I do see Sam side on this, we are in the off-season and there is no time limit on the draft. I for one would like to have the draft as late in the offseason as we can and then have FA open as close to the season too. my reason is it give us all a better idea for the teams moves. It's tough to run any league and keep all member happy. if this was mid Sept. maybe i would feel different.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy77_2000 Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Personally, I think this league is pretty dope so far.  Please don't blow it up.

Agree we should be more proactive about trying to have engaged owners, however we go about it.

Btw, La Jolla, you're up, in case you haven't heard.

dboy77_2000
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:21 pm

How do people feel about voluntarily listing there phone numbers on our profiles for easier contact. Some of you guys already have mine, but it could help with getting in touch with people and prevent another London disappearance.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Yea that's no problem Darrin.  We could update the member contact list with phone numbers if people don't mind giving them out.  I know I don't. 

Dan, I totally agree.  When it comes to PMs, we all accidentally forget to answer some.  But that's not what we are talking about.  I know a lot of owners if I PM them, they will get back to me within 24-48 hours (barring they aren't gone or on vacation) and if they don't, I know they just forgot and I might send them a follow up PM.

We are talking about the owner where you cross your fingers if he is going to respond to your PM or not.  That's totally different.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:54 am

I also like Darrin's idea if the people that don't browse these forums often will be returning our texts. Otherwise it is pointless.
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Deniz, when you were repeatedly as a bottom feeder, so many people criticized how you were running your team to me etc. Even I trolled and playfully mocked you, but did it ever cross my mind to remove you? Hell no. I knew you had mapped out a plan for the bigger picture (even tho you drafted a lot of busts), so I trusted your judgement, and now you're a contender for the next X amount of years!

When La Jolla first took over that hoops team, it was complete shit. For anyone to expect him to make improvements on his roster in a season is laughable. Why did he merely only target DeMarcus Cousins, and ignore all the other free agents? Because DMC was the only player he wanted to invest in long term. He didn't see a fit with any other FA out there for his team long term. Free agency is a period where you're suppose to target guys you actually want, not just to fill salary and space. You can do that during the season! This is the same bullshit that the media and fans are saying about the NY Knicks. Don't get me wrong, they are utter shit, but to want to burn Phil Jackson at the stake after a mere year is complete bullshit. At least give the man a couple years before making a decision of that magnitude. 

You know why I've been more lenient with La Jolla than some of the past? Because I've seen what he's been doing in BoS that's made me believe he's going to be a force there like Deniz is now. In the past, other people were removed when they weren't active for months at a time on Yahoo. Tristan's been inactive there maybe a week or two a few times. Sure, there's no excuse for that, but with some of you guys watching him like a hawk, yeah I'll definitely going to stick up for him. 

I think La Jolla has said in a previous post to either ask me for his number or to ask him directly if you wanted to better reach him. A phone directory would be much easier communicating instead of PMs here. There are times when some of us go through periods of time (2+ days) without the resources or time to log on here, so a direct message through an everyday phone would be ideal.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:53 pm

Hey guys, sorry I've been unresponsive. You'll have much better luck reaching me via text, so please just text me in the future at 626-731-1138. I will be a much more active owner this season. It was a little hard to get that in to the team last year as I was left with so little talent and resources, but I'm willing to be patient and take the time to build a perennial contender. If you check out my BOS roster, you will see that I've done a decent job at collecting assets over the years and have a team that is poised to compete for many years now.

I have been especially inactive the last couple weeks (read more here if you're wondering why: mlbtraderumors.com), but things should be a little less hectic IRL after this Friday. Thank you for the patience. I'll enter my pick as soon as I'm able to put down baseball for long enough to research some more NBA prospects.

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:22 pm

Wait, where in this whole post did anyone complain about La Jolla being a bottom feeder or not being able to turn his team around in a year? The whole post has been about inactivity, not performance.

No one is watching anyone like a hawk but when other owners notice someone who is inactive, they bring it to the attention of the commissioner as is normal. It's surely not personal.

I can see Tristans point. He took over an awful team and I don't blame him for checking out at times.

In the end, It's just a free forum fantasy league anyway. Life goes on lol.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:05 am

First I would like to say thank you to Tristan for an explanation and chiming in. I think you said what most of us who are concerned were looking for. Again, thank you.

Sam- Your comparison of my team versus La Jolla's team and having them look the same is wrong. Yes my team sucked, for two years. However, I was a very active team. I compiled draft picks and such. Also although I was well versed in Fantasy Basketball at the time, I was a rookie at a complex league like this one. I made several moves that I regret, that also set me back. However you can't equate my team's performance with my level of dedication to this league. I chimed in most conversations at least once. Up until now (hopefully), the same cannot be said of Tristan. Your defense of this is over the top, and I wouldn't be shocked if you and Tristan have a friendship, possibly outside of this league, thus giving you a jaded/biased view. Otherwise, in my opinion, there isn't a logical explanation to your countless rounds of stepping up for someone who has under-performed AND has been uncommunicative.

Last but not least, we have seen several occasions in this league where the owner spread their time out too thin. We lost several owners because they were in several leagues and they just didn't have the time and were not as interested in this league as they were with the other leagues that they were in. Actually the same is true for me, but instead of leaving this league, I left the other one I was in with Dan (Havana) because I noticed that I barely "checked in" to that other league. So it happens often and it is acceptable, however if it is the case, people will be forthcoming enough to let us know. Hopefully this isn't the case with Tristan as I would love for him to stay as he seems motivated now.
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:37 pm

1. Akron - Karl-Anthony Towns (Min-PF,C) 19 years old
2. Michigan - D'Angelo Russell (LAL -G) 19 years old
3. Akron - Jahlil Okafor (Phi-PF,C) 19 years old
4. Michigan - Kristaps Porzingis (NYK -F) 19 year old
5. Havana - Emmanuel Mudiay (Den - PG) 19 years old