Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Kawhi Leonard (SG/SF - SPURS) RFA Type C

+5
bshirt7
ford15qb
HELLFISH
DmanofGod1
thebarnes23
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kawhi Leonard (SG/SF - SPURS) RFA Type C - Page 2 Empty Re: Kawhi Leonard (SG/SF - SPURS) RFA Type C

Post by dboy77_2000 Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:42 pm

This is crazy.  He should have posted the restructure, but it clearly is not impossible for him to make the numbers work out.

dboy77_2000
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Kawhi Leonard (SG/SF - SPURS) RFA Type C - Page 2 Empty Re: Kawhi Leonard (SG/SF - SPURS) RFA Type C

Post by bshirt7 Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:45 pm

I knew what i had left for this year but for some reason I was thinking the salary cap was higher than 105M. Probably cause I am in too many other leagues. Next year I am slimming down. Keeping all of the leagues in this forum cause they are the most active but the others got to go!

Kawhi Leonard (SG/SF - SPURS) RFA Type C - Page 2 08d99260b5f31ffcdc27d725c716e89b
bshirt7
bshirt7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:47 pm

DmanofGod1 wrote:Canton doesn't have money for him either with bids out on Klay and Kemba

Check my post, I just edited it.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Yeah this is a mess

But it's a simple rule.  You have 48 hours to match and post structure.  You just can't say match and then restructure whenever you feel like it especially when you are cap tight like he is.

Unless Sam grants special waiver for this mess, then player goes back into pool.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:53 pm

bshirt7 wrote:I knew what i had left for this year but for some reason I was thinking the salary cap was higher than 105M. Probably cause I am in too many other leagues. Next year I am slimming down. Keeping all of the leagues in this forum cause they are the most active but the others got to go!

Thanks for understanding Brian. Just be careful in the future.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:54 pm

so come down to DC and klay thompson, if he matches Klay then Canton can decide to sign Leonard. 

i lost Chris Bosh in similar way last off-season!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:27 pm

I was wondering when this would come up, surprised it's taken us 6 years to have this problem finally lol
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:03 pm

I had the money to match and I said I was matching, I didn't expect I had to restructure immediately?? Clearly I had the money and clearly I matched. I don't recall many sign and trades so I thought sending him was fine and I could work out the structure in the morning since it was matched.

I stay up through the night at times during FA to participate in final bids and stuff like this being in Australia and didn't want to screw up the numbers until after I had a sleep, it was after 4am when I went to bed after all these deals and stuff.

I thought I had time to restructure after matching? I understand the sign and trade void if Michigan didn't have the money which neither of us realize but surely that jay voids the trade?? Then I'd still have 48 hours to work things out on a unvoided sign and trade if I wanted?

It was all put through together and it was pretty clear that we were doing the Lawson dump so I could match then look at a sign and trade if possible and the money worked for me to trade Lawson
And match the offer.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Sorry that posted weird seemed to disappear and I retyped and posted twice.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:19 pm

Deadlines . Enough said!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:26 pm

Ok I know I should of posted the structure now. I didn't before. I thought it was saying it was matched and then ensuring you had money for it and doing it within the 48 hours.

If it happened with anyone else I'd seriously not even bat an eyelid if it was a simple "you've matched in time and can afford it but you need to post a structure ASAP please" even if I was the bid before that who gets that player I wouldn't expect to. You have 48 hours to match and need the money to. Surely that should be what it comes down to.

Just really disappointing that it's such a hard line stance with everything like this. I didn't think anyone would care if the technicality stuff was just allowed to be fixed, I wouldn't and would be happy for guys who were doing the right thing and just missed putting in something, because it's about having some fun.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:17 pm

Hey Syd, I do feel pity for you that youre on Aussie time and its difficult to engage in American time, HOWEVER (Stephen A voice) we have been more than fair with you, and given you ample opportunity (48 hours) to fix your roster. You've been here long enough to know how RFA matches work.

Canton, seeing that your bid on Kawhi was made before Klay, you need to make a decision now. Either you take Kawhi at 22per, or let Kawhi go and risk it on Klay.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:26 pm

Yea him not using that as an excuse at all. I understand. Just sayin I thought matching and having money within the timeframe was all that was needed. I didn't know the contract had to be put in that timeframe as well. Seems a technicality if I've matched and had the money to within time, and said I'll post the new contract when I figure it out that seems like a technicality to me. ive matched within time and rules I just didn't work out a restructure. I understand but as I said it's a free league for fun.

I'm not lying when I say I seriously didn't know I had to also post the restructure in the same time. I worked hard to hve money clear and to match in the 48 hours I thoughts that's all I had to do. Other guys hve down similar stuff as far as coming back after a match with a restructure (but obviously now I know it must of still been within the same timeframe) but if someone has the money and matches in time I don't see the big deal in them deciding directly after the timeframe how to structure the deal.

I'm not trying to change the whole process or anything. I honestly did not know and haven't come to this before. Just explaining. I'm pretty fro started by the whole thing because of the effort I put in to be active and play and instead of getting it done as planned even though I said why I was doing and met timeframes because I didn't say how I wanted the deal structured I lose out? That's pretty tough dude
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:28 pm

And I would of worked it out for Michigan so I took money back and gave him kawhi for the record. I told him I would and that woulda been right thing to do.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:39 pm

Dude just stop already! Ur lazy. Period you posted trades with out posting money or contract so that a clear review can be done . That should be ground to veto a trade period. How are the other GM to know what $ if left on MI cap or yours if no contract/structure contracts are posted. U had the time to post the trade next time take the five extra minutes to do the math. Yes free fun league but we have set rules to follow for THIS REASON. You think we like making calls like this. I hate it. I just want to run my team and process the deals but when ur lazy that has nothing to do with the technically but 100% on ur action. Sam has been nothing but cool with u. And u done nothing but cry and push buttons. I for one am done with it cuz you take the fun out of it. Not us

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:45 pm

First of all none of what I said had anything to do with taking a crack at Sam. Which I was not at all and have no intention of doing. I was just saying why I did what I did. I made it clear I was matching and I could.

Second explain the definition of it "just being me lazy"
I stayed up through a Sunday night until 5am without sleep to put time into a fucking free fantasy league. I was falling asleep. I'm not asking for props but don't sit there and say it was cod I'm lazy. So I stayed up all night and did why I thought I was suppose to do and allowed to do and you believe that contract restructure not going up was me being "lazy"? Piss off Dan that's got nothing to do with it. If I knew I would of posted clearly.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Not once when I've posted a trade has anyone ever said you gotta put down the money to. I've only ever done it previously of the money was changing through the trade. Sam mentioned it yesterday and I said fine I didn't realize I'll do from now on. no issue with it, it hasn't come up before for me personally. And you want to veto trades for the money not be posted to now? I'm not the one sucking fun here dude.

Recognize things like FA happen once a year and even someone like me who's been around for 3 years is only doing it for like the 2nd full offseason, sometimes you slip up or just never encounter something or know. Or just plain forget.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:55 pm

By the way Dan your last rose bid that made me up my bid was illegal. You said it was a 3 year deal but listed 4 years. It didn't add up. I didn't raise it because I knew what you meant and that's the main thing, or at least it should be. But hey since we are being strictly by the letter of the law be sure to change my rose contract to my original cheaper price because your bid was illegal.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:56 pm

Well it's 130 am here so Canton (Justin) is probably in bed.

But I'm sure he would take a for sure Leonard over a maybe Klay.

This situation just becomes something else to fight over.  I can understand why Sydney is upset and he knows he should have posted structure.  I don't think it would have hurt anyone to just be like... hey, you should have posted structure but I know you can get money to work so ill give a waiver to get it right so we don't have a freaking fiasco.  No one would have been hurt one bit.  Rule smules.

But Sam made his decision Sydney and you just need to let it go.  You should have posted the structure so we can blame everyone else but in the end, it was your own mistake.  I know you understand this.

Just a sucky situation all around and for everyone involved but let's move on.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Hey man, 

Not in the league anymore, but I will chime in...especially when Dan is being attacked, despite him doing everything he can to help you out with this issue, and the whole cap fiasco you had with your squad.

This, "If I would have known" thing is maybe legit, but here's the other issue: You are basically trying to skirt the system to get the most out of it, which is cool and all, but guess what, when you play with fire, sometimes you get burned. 

You not only put yourself and the team in this position, but you have all these guys having to track you and everything. 

So once you fail to meet the requirement in time, they moved on. 

If you didn't press the whole 48hours to get something done, you'd have realized earlier you needed to make sure you and Brian were compliant.

How is that Dan's, Sam's, or Dustin's fault?? They only process and try to keep things running smoothly around here.

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:07 pm

JI, I like you but your right, you aren't in the league anymore. I didn't blame anyone for what happened other than myself. Even though I am annoyed at the whole thing. I never once said this so all SAMs fault, this is all DUSTINS fault or this is al DANS fault. Ever. The only time I attacked dean was when he was a cunt to me. At which point he deserved it. And don't try and tell me he didn't because your not me. He can call me lazy and have a go at me for being lazy and you don't think I'm gonna respond to that?

Dustin - al good I've accepted kawhi is gone. It's SAMs decision and that's fine it's done. My point was really for that sort of stuff like you said everyone knows what has hope end and what the intention is.

Surely it's better for everyone if stuff like this comes up to say "hey no worries understand what you were doing just do this to fix it". I'm not even talking for myself kawhi is gone but far out I would have got him to Michigan anyway because j said i would but if it was anyone else I wouldn't want them to lose out like that when intention was clear and they met the main guidelines etc. it just seems a real bummer for whoever is involved.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:10 pm

And JI I'm not trying to skirt anything. A lot of shit you've got to say to me there stepping in from other leagues for a quarterly cameo. That's not particularly fair either. Grab the most recent info you Can and just paint a picture of what you think you know. Disappointing JI.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:13 pm

Dan can defend himself lol

Sydney didn't attack Dan...Dan attacked him lol.  Dan does SO MUCH for the site and everyone knows it but if you go making it personal...then you get what ya get! Lol

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:35 pm

Anyway I'm not gonna continue on. I've said my peace and I didn't intend for any of this fiasco it was just meant to be a couple easy transactions. I'll happily end the conversation now and say it's done, and I wasn't blaming Sam for the decision or any of it in this instance. I'll apologize to the whole league for whoever wants it, and for the record am not blaming anyone.

**Special apology goes to Michigan though and I'll work out a trade with him to make things fair.
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dboy77_2000 Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:04 am

Agree with Sydney.  Seems really heavy handed considering the intent was known and the numbers could be made to work.

dboy77_2000
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:13 am

Let it be known that there is also a ripple effect on this whole thing. I am at the mercy of Canton's decision as I may try to sign and trade Klay. If Canton takes Kawhi then I would need to negotiate with La Jolla. However Canton is still the highest bidder on Klay. So the delay here with this Kawhi contract is essentially screwing me over as well since I have only a few hours left and still waiting on the decision here.
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ford15qb Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:06 am

Kawhi Leonard (SG/SF - SPURS) RFA Type C - Page 2 Kawhi-trophy

I will take Kawhi. Welcome to Canton!

ford15qb
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:05 am

Canton has agreed to take Kawhi at 22m per.

22|22|22|22|22

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2