Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Arizona Monsoons / LA HELLFISH Trade

5 posters

Go down

Arizona Monsoons / LA HELLFISH Trade Empty Arizona Monsoons / LA HELLFISH Trade

Post by HELLFISH Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm

ARIZONA GETS:

Brandon Roy (POR-PG,SG)5 years $20M
Randy Foye (WAS-PG,SG)1 year $3M
Jermaine O'Neal (MIA-C)1 year $2M
2010 Draft Picks LA HellFish #1

HELLFISH GETS:

Amar'e Stoudemire(PHO-PF,C)3 years $20M
Michael Beasley (MIA-SF,PF)5 years $3M

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Arizona Monsoons / LA HELLFISH Trade Empty Re: Arizona Monsoons / LA HELLFISH Trade

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Arizona accepts...

will use my buyout to release someone if this trade goes thru

Back to top Go down

Arizona Monsoons / LA HELLFISH Trade Empty Re: Arizona Monsoons / LA HELLFISH Trade

Post by Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:25 pm

not using the buyout, but birdman to waivers/release if deal goes thru

thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:54 pm

approved
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:04 pm

approve barely.
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:33 am

Disapprove even though it's already got two passing votes. There's no cheating present that I can see, just a lopsided trade.

B-Roy = Amare

More or less pretty m00t, trading big boy stats for guard stats. I'm down with that

Foye + JO = Beasley

Trading a stud (Beez) for someone that might explode for the long term with Arenas out while regaining some of the big man stats lost with Amare (JO). A slight bit of a salary dump with two players being a 1 year vs 5 years.

The thing that throws a wrench in it for me is the draft pick. At the current moment, it sits at the #1 pick overall with Hellfish having the worst record. Looks like a solid so even if he doesn't select John Wall, he'll get a very good player drafted there.

In my mind...

1st pick + JO + Foye =/= Beasley

Hellfish loses. At the very LEAST, that 1st pick should be able to be net Beasley by himself. Just my two cents, post feedback kthxbai bounce
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:49 am

I strongly agree with you Vegas.
The pick threw me off completely at first, but then when you look more closely at it, the first rounder isn't set in stone.
There is no way in telling that Hellfish is going to finish in last, a couple winnings weeks and he can possibly (through not likely) be in contention for the wildcard.
From what I heard, Hellfish wasn't high on feeding Roy 100 mil over the next 5 years, that was why he struck this deal.
I talked to Philly and he thought this deal was pretty even, mentioning how Amar'e was worth more than Roy because of how rare star big men were in the NBA.
Honestly tho, weighing the pros and cons I would probably have to say that I am NOT for this deal.
I say let Bravo have final word on this, even tho I approved this reluctantly..
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:19 am

True story that star big men are hard to find while star guards are a dime a dozen. However, IMO it's easier to find middle tier big guys that will help and not hurt then guards.

While there is no 100% guarantee that Hellfish would finish last, the chances are pretty good he won't get the wildcard. Even if he gets a turn of bad luck and doesn't get the top overall pick, he'll stick have great pickings.

If there was no pick, I'd be down with this trade.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:27 am

I can't agree with you more.
So whats going to happen now?
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:38 am

It's not a game changing, mind shattering, world altering, OMFGBBQ trade so I say leave it up to Bravo. I'd like to get some input from Arizona and Hellfish though
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:47 am

TC has to decide... that's what you guys get paid for!

This is why I think the TC should discuss deals before posting on their own. This looks to me like the last member brought up a good point and the trade has already been approved.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:20 am

Input from Arizona altho this trade has been approved-

I showed Busters all the AIMs from Hellfish talking about how he was happy with this deal for various reasons. I'll reserve any Hellfish remarks further for Hellfish himself.

I was trying for Bynum plus for Amare and he countered with a good deal. I'm kinda leery of not only trading a great big man in Aamare but the great young talent signed to a cheap deal in Beasley.

There is NO WAY that the number 1 pick I get is worth Beasley by itself- EVEN IF that pick turns out to be John Wall. Why? Because Beasley is 21 or so himself, signed long and cheap and putting up numbers already. There is no guarantee that the pick will be anywhere near Beasley.

While Foye is a great to get with Arenas out, with Arenas' plea agreement, he may be back next year, to send Foye to a 6th man role.

Jermaine Oneal is likely to just be around for the year or so.

Getting Roy is a huge risk for me. I lose my solid big and take on a 100 mil doll deal, which is staggering when guys like Tyreke are putting up similar numbers at only 15 total mil, hahaha. I'm likely to deal Roy, but there's a good chance I don't get equal value for him.

But, I'm happy with the deal, Hellfish is happy with the deal. While, it may slightly favor me now, there's no need to veto a deal for that reason. I could see if it was overly lopsided, but giving him a top big to pair with Bynum and budding Superstar in Beasley makes the deal fair in my opinion.

While the deal is already approved, I do appreciate the discussion generated and hopefully Hellfish does chime in to satisfy concerns, altho not required.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:46 am

my new IR after both trades will be...

Yao
Ben Gordon
Ronnie Brewer....thx

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:00 am

My reason for this trade is ONE like Roy but don’t like having100M on the books, I have hopes that Beasley will give me Roy numbers in near future. The way I look at the deal is not just trading talented players but the release of future CAP SPACE and a lot of it.

So this is how I few my trade.

Roy for Beasley and the future cap $

JO and Foye for Amare. Yeah Foye looks good now and getting some good number, but I don’t see it happening long term!

My #1 for Arizona’s dropping a player and to offset his future Cap. (You don’t really think I will end up at the bottom do you.)

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:40 pm

PS Everyone, am only 8.5 games behind the forth playoff spot and 9 behind the third spot. with 10 weeks to go

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down