Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

NA and Taxi Squad

3 posters

Go down

NA and Taxi Squad Empty NA and Taxi Squad

Post by johnscrn Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:28 pm

I wanted to make sure we are all on the same page here. I think the original intent of the NA was to hold guys who wouldn't be on the team for long periods of time. With the new taxi squad guys go NA and active day-to-day. Given the need for the NHL to make adjustments to deal with covid I assume we are OK with people moving guys on and off NA as a similar adjustment? 

How strict should we be with people who leave a guy on NA even though they are playing? If active for a full week without coming off NA do we lightly nudge the owner to get them active? 

Use case, Rasmussen is going to be up and down but I don't have a spot for him (pending injury) and if this was a regular season he would have been in the AHL getting his playing time. How long can I keep him on NA without cutting him?
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

NA and Taxi Squad Empty Re: NA and Taxi Squad

Post by michiganfan1 Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:56 pm

Yeah this is a good question because in the case of Rasmussen he might get a game or two and then be right back on the taxi squad due to players being placed on the Covid list. 

I think we should be more lenient on allowing players to sit on NA for a little bit longer before needing to be activated. I'm not sure what the length of time should be but maybe a week?
michiganfan1
michiganfan1
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:05 pm

I am definitely in favor of maximum flexibility. I know some guys might be setting whole lineups once or twice a week so maybe we say NA is open and flexible to taxi squad guys but guys that are active for two straight weeks on the NHL squad must be activated off NA?
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:12 pm

that's cool with me, if Rasmussen plays for two weeks I'll be happy to say he "made the team"
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum