Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Jeff Teague (PG- ATL)

3 posters

Go down

Jeff Teague (PG- ATL) Empty Jeff Teague (PG- ATL)

Post by Dalpsar Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:38 pm

3 yrs 9 mil with option ( 4 yrs 13.5 mil)

3.75 + 3 + 2.25 (+ 4.5)
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Jeff Teague (PG- ATL) Empty Re: Jeff Teague (PG- ATL)

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:04 am

Just a note: I think I am going to bid. I just need to go over the rules a little better. I'll be back in 1 hour with an offer or a pass.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:10 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, and with all due respect, but isn't the above bid illegal? I know that contracts can be structured and ascend or descend, but I thought that any one year in a contract cannot be below the league minimum

+About Structuring Contracts (Optional): When a team signs a contract that is more than 1 year, team owners can structure the contract. The contract must ascend or descend. Consecutive seasons can have the same salary amount. The way a contract is structured cannot change for any reason.

+Maximum and Minimum Salary: The salary per season cannot exceed the league maximum salary. No salary can be less than the 1 year minimum in any of the structured years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:22 am

well, he's ahead of the 1 year minimum (the 3 per year doesnt count as minimum in this case) and thus, can structure differently

the error is with the option year. he had asked me what the option would be and i assumed he was doing 3/3/3 so i told him 4.5 but with his structure, he has to go 25% or w/e above the highest year which is 3.75, so thus, the option needs to be adjusted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:31 am

Johnny, again, I apologize if I'm wrong, but I thought the minumum for a 3 year contract was 3 million per year. I ask you to look at the graph in the rule book under:

Player's Contracts & Salaries
Contract Length/Minimum Salary Scale (when signing free agents)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:33 am

yes, 3 mil 'average' per year...

you can dip under the avg in a structure. you just cant dip under what the min for 1 year only would be

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:37 am

Dude, the rule book says you cannot dip under the per year minimum salary in structured contract. It say the opposite of what you're saying.

+Maximum and Minimum Salary: The salary per season cannot exceed the league maximum salary. No salary can be less than the 1 year minimum in any of the structured years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:39 am

the key in that is 1 year minimum

if one of the years was structured at 900k, then there'd be a problem

i'll let bravo weigh on this to either confirm or deny what im saying

u got me thinking if we've encountered this scenario before, lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:40 am

The one year minimum is 1 mil
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 am

My bid is going to be 3.75 + 3 + 2.25 (+ 5.625)
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:48 am

Okay so the problem is that when the rule book says "3 years - $3M per" the per it's referring to is "per contract" NOT "per year?"

Again all due respect, but you're wrong, because it says the minimum for 2 years is "2 years - $1M per".... read it again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:50 am

im pretty confident that it's 3 mil per year has to be the avg and the contract can be structured anything over the '1 year min' in which case the 1 year min is 1 mil

like i said, i'll let bravo weigh in, but im pretty sure that is how it is

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:55 am

to illustrate my point, here is the example given:

Example: 5 years/$10M per ($50M total). Salary from year to year cannot be more than a $2.5M increase or decrease (25% of $10M (Avg salary) = $2.5M). year-1:$6M, year-2:$7.5M, year-3:$10M, year-4:$12.5M, year-5:$12.5M.

notice how the average is 10 per. however, the starting point was 6 mil, which is, under the 10 mil average, but above the 1 year min of 1mil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:06 am

I'm just reading the rule as it's written, if I'm wrong, then fine, but change the way it's written, because in a small contract like this it could make a big difference.

Dude, the rule book says EXACTLY (notice my use of caps) two things on this subject. 1st - the minimum per year of a 3 year contract is 3M per year. 2nd - No salary can be less than the 1 year minimum in any of the structured years.

IN THIS CASE, the one year minimum MUST BE 3M. Or the rules make no sense. We in a sliding scale contract would we revert to a 1 year contract minimum of 1M per year? It makes no sense. But if you want it that way, which is fine with me, then just re-write the rule book please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:21 am

Just wanted to add that you all know that I know Johnny, so my mockingly tough tone with him is not real. I would never be pushy with anyone else, nor am I really being such now - just playing the "tough, by the rules sarge" guy. I'm a sweetheart who avoids confrontation at ALL COSTS. I've paid much dollar in my day to avoid confrontation.

And I'm fine with whatever the book/man says.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:42 am

yea, i know you're having some fun with me bud...

i was wrong to use that example as a 5 year deal is 5 per, not 10 per, so that doesnt mean anything

i'm glad to have u in these leagues for this very reason. you're smart and will point out what may or may not be changed. either way, you're gonna make sure everything is 100% good

i still think it means the 1 year min tho. im trying to think where this has come up before but in hoops, i dont think it has.

i do know in football we can structure a 2 year 1.5 deal to be 1 mil and 500k, which the 500k is less than the 750k min avg....im assuming basketball is the same way

if im wrong, then good catch. if not, then maybe a slight re-word needs to be in the book to avoid any confusion

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:38 pm

snacks wrote:Dude, the rule book says you cannot dip under the per year minimum salary in structured contract. It say the opposite of what you're saying.

You put it in bold then completly ignored it. Says the 1 year minimum meaning whatever the minimum is for that player in a single season.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:57 pm

yea, he misinterpreted the minimum since the avg min has to be 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:57 pm

So it has been 36 hours since the last bid (my bid), can I add him?
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:47 pm

yes, you can add him.
you don't have to wait for our approval. =]

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down