Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Philly/Vegas Trade

+3
itssamman
MistaDuMa
Xezus
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Philly/Vegas Trade Empty Philly/Vegas Trade

Post by Xezus Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:53 pm

Philly Sends

John Salmons (SAC-SG/SF) 5/5
Tony Wroten Jr. (MEM-PG/SG) 1/1/2/3
2014 PHI 2nd rounder

Vegas Sends

Pau Gasol (LAL-PF) 22/20/15
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Philly/Vegas Trade Empty Re: Philly/Vegas Trade

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Accept
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:22 pm

Sorry guys, I don't see this other than a salary dump.
Wroten isn't much of a prospect and a 2nd rounder?

This doesn't help the league in the long run, competitive balance.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Yes this is a salary dump of $50.

I think Wroten is a good prospect hence why I drafted him in the first place.

I think I'm more competitive with an additional $16 this year and $50 overall. How is that uncompetitive? That Darrin is suddeningly back in the mix as well?
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Because I don't want to see trades of stars for straight salary dump being okay in the league.

I think in many peoples mind this trade is ridiculous. Anyone else can see this from my perspective?

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Who? JI? Who thinks I should have asked for the dominating Meyer Leonard to make this trade ok?
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:35 pm

Like I've said privately, when I learned of the deal, I wasn't gonna protest.

BUT, I do agree with Sam's reasoning 100%.

It's definitely a bad deal and think Thai should be getting something nicer as a takeway.

Could easily argue that Wroten/2 are for eating Salmons. So then it's Gasol for just taking him on???

But even if it can be looked at another way, the main thing is established stars being handed for what appears to be minimal value

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 pm

So in your mind if I got the next coming of Shaq in Meyers Leonard then this trade would ok? Seriously?
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:37 pm

This isn't baseball. Even the Dodgers sent some legit prospects back.

This would obviously be a no-go in the NBA.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:38 pm

Nets receive: SG-Joe Johnson
Hawks receive: SG-Anthony Morrow, G/F-DeShawn Stevenson, C-Johan Petro, PG-Jordan Farmar, PF-Jordan Williams, lottery protected 2013 1st round pick (via Houston)
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:38 pm

You'd at least have a nice prospect to take away and maybe get something decent out of.

There'd be more justification of the dump imo

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm

So in my mind, I know whatever that comes out of my mouth you won't change your mind.

So it would be best to have other people have input in this. This is a player's league, everyone's voice counts.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm

You forget that I'm not nut riding Meyers as hard as you are
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm

samistheman wrote:So in my mind, I know whatever that comes out of my mouth you won't change your mind.

So it would be best to have other people have input in this. This is a player's league, everyone's voice counts.

Well it WOULD be easier to make a trade if I knew who was on who's team.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 pm

Sorry that I have other interests in the league and not just this basketball one. Unlike you, I help run the baseball and football leagues here throughout the year to ensure this is a better league for everyone else.

Thank you for attacking my work in here during the offseason, as it was already established that this league does not run at 100% 365 days a week.

This league was designed to NOT run 12 months a year, I still don't understand why you don't get that.

I feel like I've done a pretty good job as commish the past year, shuffling guys with Mark and I taking over two teams to have the league run smooth when so many guys last year dropped out. The last time there was ever a dispute in our league was when JB was around, when he would always stir stuff up.

Like I've said many times, I appreciate the work you have done this offseason in running the league, because of the new guys that you bought in (again, hard work on your part)

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 pm

Not saying you're a bad commish, just saying that it's literally a joke among the league how long it takes for contracts/approvals to get done.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Thai came to me with the idea of moving pau for salary relief, and he does like wroten and protested when i got him in the martin deal Basketball

so sending him back was a big part, and we talked about other prospects for taking on additional salary from my side but nothing came to fruition so we just agreed on this deal. I can see how it looks unbalanced, and how it probably vaults me up a few notches on the power rankings. Pretty much i just lose monetary flexibility and get left with less to go after some of the FA in this and next years class.

Moving Lebron for bynum + allowed me to take on another big salary which made this seem like a fitting trade for both of our squads. I know Thai is looking to clean a little bit of his salaries to get a few good guys to make a run.

So lets say for instance he goes after conley for 15 mil this first year (essentially what he is saving in this deal)

then this deal pretty much turns into Pau for Conley, Wroten, 2nd rounder which seems pretty fair to me.

And while conley might go for more or less or Thai has other ideas on who to spend the cash on, that 15-16 mil gained will net him a high price FA, and possibly one next year if he plays his cards right.

Just my two cents, but if we have to rework the deal, i would like to know what else to add because im trying to stash my prospects and 1st rounders like DC Philly/Vegas Trade 172301
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:10 pm

I wouldn't pay Conley $15 per but I get the concept Wink
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm waiting for more input from others before I rule anything.
Obviously I don't make decisions based on how I feel. I want to see how everyone else candidly feels about this before making calls.

*Regarding the contracts page update, if you really rely on that page, why not writing stuff down yourself and making your own list. I would like to repeat, this is the offseason, activity is suppose to be slow. I joined this league under the impression there was a break during the offseason and that those members in the league were not required to actively be on the forums in the offseason.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:44 pm

Well it's obvious that it's vetoed already by your initial post. If you were looking for other people's opinions then this would technically be a vote to approve/veto.

samistheman wrote:
*Regarding the contracts page update, if you really rely on that page, why not writing stuff down yourself and making your own list. I would like to repeat, this is the offseason, activity is suppose to be slow. I joined this league under the impression there was a break during the offseason and that those members in the league were not required to actively be on the forums in the offseason.

So we're going back to pen and paper like dungeons and dragons? Shame on you as commish if you think we should ALL just write down all the trades on paper and keep track of it ourselves. Makes the contracts page moot.

Yeah it IS the off season but there's always activity during the off season in any sport. There actually has been a break, the last week of finals was April 9-15. For 3/4 of the league it actually ended the last week of March so it's been a good 4 to 4.5 months. Pretty healthy break unless you were looking for no activity for 6.5 months?
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:01 pm

Oh I'm sorry I locked the whole league out for a 1/2 year last year.

If you don't like what I do, go ahead and make your own league and be an awesome commish that we know you are capable of!

You need to make sure tho that your tone doesn't rub people the wrong way man.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thebarnes23 Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Im gonna weigh in here even though im new and half of you
will probably hate me after I say this.

I COMPLETELY AGREE with Sam.
That trade is nothing close to even in my opinion and it wouldnt happen in any
of the 5 other leagues im in 2 of which I commish on alone.

Salmons contract is horrible, I wouldnt even take that on if you gave me
wroten, Id consider taking it on if you gave me a 2nd but still maybe
decline....thats without me giving up ANYTHING let alone a 1st-2nd round
drafted player in pau gasol.

I realise thats just my opinion and preference so I accept varying views - but
this deal is so out of whack it doesnt really even come to that. Gasol is being
moved for NOTHING apart from freeing up some cap space.

The argument of who you may or may not sign with that space is irrelevant. Its
not part of the deal and you may be outbidded on everyone and wind up with
nothing.

I am not gonna say I will protest the deal or anything fi it goes through, I
dont like doing that and wont. BUT I 100% support Sam if he doesnt approve it
and agree with him. I don’t know any of you, at what point do I miss out on
getting good players dumped to me because we aren’t mates?? It becomes very
grey when you can start dumping allstars.

Jesus man I’ll give you a lot more for him than that especially if your letting
me dump a bad contract like salmons! I have earl clark, take him and ill make
that 2nd a 1st and give you two young prospects....in a SECOND! lol
thebarnes23
thebarnes23
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:05 pm

i like that u spoke up sydney

no one will hate u

good to see perspective of all

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

Keep the input coming people!

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:16 pm

samistheman wrote:Oh I'm sorry I locked the whole league out for a 1/2 year last year.

If you don't like what I do, go ahead and make your own league and be an awesome commish that we know you are capable of!

You need to make sure tho that your tone doesn't rub people the wrong way man.

Oh please, don't turn this into a power struggle. I've never said I wanted to run the league, anyone can attest to that. What I want is to have a league that's not dead in the water for months on end and forgotten. I don't expect you to update contracts daily but I do expect a faster turnaround time then a week -_-'

And since when has tone ever been an issue here? If that was the case then there's plenty of owners that have had bad "tones" and are still here. So don't go try washing out my mouth with soap here mister.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:56 pm

I dont have an opinion cept to say i trust both Thai and Darrin but giving away a top 20 player is a headscratcher.

I dont blame Sam for saying no. If it wasnt two reputable owners, this would have been vetoed hands down as has been done to me before..because it was seen as one sided.

The basketball league is the most inactive during the offseason. That is Sams style.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dalpsar Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:06 am

Ok here is my opinion although I have been trying to stay out of trades that I am not involved in, so I don't get any heat.

In summary, this isn't a good trade. Gasol is worth more than that.

Thai- no offense, but your example of the JJ trade isn't a good one either. JJ's contract in real life is a bad one, for starters. Secondly, he is not as valuable as Gasol in real life. So I don't think you can compare what Atlanta got in that deal, to what you are getting in this deal.

Darrin- I don't think one can start talking about what Thai will do with the money in the future and act as though that future person can be counted as part of this deal. If we start thinking that way, I can maybe say that Thai will use that money to sign Hansborough to $7m per year deal (lol) and use Hansborough in that deal which will make the deal worse. It goes both ways and thus I don't think we can assume the owner will maximize the value with the money saved.

Again, I don't usually want to get involved in trade discussions, because someone usually gets offended. However since Sam is asking, I will chime in. Sorry if I offended anyone, it was not the intention.
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:30 am

I like the fact that other owners have spoken up, Thank You I hate being the only guy.

Yes this is a salary dump. no it should not happen. at least in my ROY dump of a few years back I got Amare and Beasley. Yes i paid with giving up high draft pick but at least that deal's Cash matched up in the first few years then in year 4 and 5 I was saving the 20M per year.

Thai what up you once had the best team, i hated you for being so good, but your moves been no bueno. I know you don't want to tip your hat and say hey am going to sign some FA this season but the deal still not fair. at least the NBA has it that when you trade players the deal needs to be with in 25% of the salary exchange. I know we can't do that but we should keep that in mind when trading with each other.

IF your getting 16, 14, 12 Milli in saving per year you should be paying for that part of the value in the trade. give up some High Picks. and Darrin if your getting a tenant like Pau you should be giving up more then just JS, TWJ and #2. the deal not there it's not fair either ways. darrin not give up enough for pau. we see this type of deals in real life but we know the real is that they are actually dealing with REAL $$$$. we should really see fair deals here.

So the way i see it is that Thai not getting the Possible Future Tenant that is worth Pau and/or Thai not giving up enough for the amount of salary Savings. One or the other or maybe both needs to get address in order to get this deal closer to being fair.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am

I've already accepted the fact that this trade won't pass in its current form. I don't think I really follow you though Dan. I should give up more because I'm saving money? I did a similar trade a few years ago that passed fine, Brandon Roy for okur.

Darrin and I will revisit this and see what we come up with since a deal didn't materialize with Sydney.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

That was my 2 cent, or better know as DAN's DUM BRAIN FART. there only one person other then you and darrin that need to agree on the trade and that would be sam.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next