Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

ANYBODY WANT A HOCKEY TEAM???

5 posters

Go down

ANYBODY WANT A HOCKEY TEAM??? Empty ANYBODY WANT A HOCKEY TEAM???

Post by ericdm70 Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:42 pm

No, I am not dropping out, but it appears we do need a replacement for the Cleveland Crusaders. He has not signed in since Jan 27th, and he did not make ANY lineup changes last week. I think this is grounds for a replacement.

I will work my end.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

ANYBODY WANT A HOCKEY TEAM??? Empty Re: ANYBODY WANT A HOCKEY TEAM???

Post by nostratimus Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Hmm, let me ask a buddy in my building.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:19 pm

nope, but if you need me to make lineup changes until replacement GM is found i do it!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 pm

I have somebody reviewing the rule book tonight.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:11 pm

My buddy says he's in if you still need an owner. He's in 2 other leagues and likes the sound of or league.

Let me know.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm

I agree, replace him

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Ya sounds like a good plan. I am all for either guy, im sure they are good owners. Let me know the email and ill send them a team transfer thing for yahoo and get them signed up on forums.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 pm

I sent my guys info to Darrin. He spent a lot of time reviewing the rule book, and still wanted to join. Sounds good to me.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:26 pm

So any news on Eric's guy? My buddy ready whenever he gets the green light. He's a Penguins fan so likes the idea of Malkin already. Plus, no real need to change divisions.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 pm

ericdm70 wrote:I sent my guys info to Darrin. He spent a lot of time reviewing the rule book, and still wanted to join. Sounds good to me.

haha, same time.

Cool, you mentioned your buddy first so I elected to wait. A warning for those deadbeat owners out there bc there's one more waiting to Jim Balsilie you! Very Happy

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:08 pm

That was bizarre. Lets play lotto?

Sorry that your friend cant make it in yet. I am sure we will have another opening soon.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:44 pm

Okay guys, couple things:

1.) Yes, I did not set my lineups last week. MY BAD.

2.) Yes, I have not made any moves yet, because I am new at this. Again, MY BAD

3.) Lack of roster moves should not be grounds for immediate dismissal. However, I respect the league if they want to kick me out.

4.) I would like another chance. If I do not keep up. YES, remove me. I set the lineups for the week last night for the record.

5.) If we are that hell bent on kicking people out so quickly, I would like an email. Rather than the standard Yahoo! "you have been removed" message.

Thanks,

Neal

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:21 am

Neal,

Setting your rosters once a week is not exactly the participation that this league is built on. Answering PM's, logging into the boards, and making a few posts is the participation required for this league.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

Since we already have a replacement signed up and in place, and he already put out a bid, im gonna keep him.

Sorry Neal,
I apologize for not giving you any real notice, it seemed as though you just weren't very active, perhaps if we didnt have a guy super anxious to get in we could have had some time to talk about it.

Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:50 pm

I respect the decision. Here is my peace:

In a strike-shortened season, along with the misfit team I inherited, I felt it was necessary to allow the season to start and see what I had. There are typically a lot of injuries that occur in shortened season due to player conditioning. I could have easily spent money on a free agent only to see him go down after 4 games. Being a new player to hockey, it was important to me to evaluate how the team started, then make necessary roster moves.

So, in essence, my inactive was mistaken for lack of caring. Instead of paying attention to their own team, owners started questioning my management of my team. I even change my team name to identify with an actual professional hockey team that Cleveland used to have.(Look up the history of the Dallas Stars)

This was how I chose to run MY team. And manage MY players.

Please make sure the new owner(who has been feverishly reading the rules) understands that his way of running his new team needs to comply with the way other owners run theirs.

I am currently in the Salary Hoops league. Send me a PM if I get kicked out of that one as well.

Best of luck to everyone this year. Hockey is a great sport and, just like fantasy, a GAME.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 am

i have no dog in this fight and hope you stay in hoops but given that others saw a period of inactivity and no forum visits, it's reasonable for them to think you gave up

it'd be cool if u stay in hoops tho and this situation has you at least frequenting the forum more often

just know, if you're not around and then people see a period of inactivity, it is reasonable to think you gave up

maybe this situation was acted on too soon idk, but as an outside observer, it seemed like u werent caring, which is why people wanted a change

but, just dont let this situation dictate how you are in hoops, as it'd suck to see ya bail.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:12 am

all no fight in this race either!

I for one don't really look too much in to daily moves of other GM, unless you have injured players in starting positions.

I question more forum actively and personally you are on my short list. I for one will never be the guy that will say your out! but if you on my short list i will voice my concern.

there has been times when I PM you and you take up week(s) to reply. All all member need to visit site once every 24 hours during season (off-season you should check in few days a week) check for message and reply to message to them, out of respect to other GM's

The reply don't have to be long, it could be NO or "fuck Off DICK" i don't care!

so with that said I hope you stay in hoops NEAL and get a better feel of the leagues. Remember forum member get first pick of future team in other leagues.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:22 am

Yea I'm trying to stay out of it because he's my close friend. His actions should stand on his own just like Jeff (Green Bay) and Josh (SF) has.

Neal, fantasy involvement is supposed to be logging on once a day on THIS site (yahoo is just the shell to merely calculate the scores) to
-Answer PMs
-Check the latest posts
-Better your team through trades (sending PMs) and signing FAs

Now, the logging on once a day isn't really enforced especially in the offseason. No one cares if the football managers aren't logging on daily...

Basically you aren't just an owner, you are a freaking GM, managing your roster, finances and everything else.

Dan is right. Show that you love your basketball team and are active and it won't be long before spots open up (especially for hockey as that changes owners the most)

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down