Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Denver / D.C. Trade

3 posters

Go down

Denver / D.C. Trade Empty Denver / D.C. Trade

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:37 am

D.C. Gets:
2011 AKN 1 (3rd overall Pick)
Richard Jefferson 3/3/3
Shane Battier 1/2
Terrico White 1

Denver Gets:
2011 LA 1 (6th overall pick)
2011 Boston 1 (11th overall pick)
3 Million Cash

Denver Accepts

Back to top Go down

Denver / D.C. Trade Empty Re: Denver / D.C. Trade

Post by Dalpsar Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:40 am

Accept
Dalpsar
Dalpsar
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:02 am

whats cash for?

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:17 am

Before I answer, I pose a question: Are we not allowed to outright buy picks/players? Or does there need to be a better answer than "to make the deal happen?"

If so then I can break the trade down further.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:06 am

When its logged on our contracts page we need to know what its for, for starters.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:31 am

Then I guess 1 million to buy the 11th overall pick and 2 million to pay the 1st year salary of the 6th overall pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:33 am

No, wait, that's not what we agreed to - strike that!

It's 2 million towards the purchase of the 6th overall pick and 1 million towards the purchase of the 10th overall pick.

Sorry about the last post. Can you delete it.? Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:36 am

SHIT. I'm sorry, I'm trying to do 3 things at one time.

DELETE THE LAST TWO POSTS IF YOU CAN. I have no idea what I'm talking about.... give me an hour or two to finish up some work stuff and I can spell the trade out. Sorry for all the "bad information," it's not intentional, just idiotic on my behalf. I'll be back in a an hour or so.... THANKS!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:13 am

Sorry that doesnt make sense.
Your getting those two picks with the 3 Mil.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:17 am

hang on... I'm just finishing something up...

But if you read the next two posts, that's what I said, I totally mis-wrote it!!! I'm an idiot, been up all night working on something and my brain is barely there. I'll write it up in a minute.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:10 am

Okay, 1st let me apologize for the confusion, I was just typing without thinking... Stupidly I had some work stuff to send off this morning (their morning) to my partners in Budapest - BUT I started to study for the Hockey draft after it was posted last night, sure enough I turn around and it's 4:00AM and I get a call from Hungary wondering where the stuff is... oops. So I've been furiously finishing a project before the end of business over there while dealing with a Ryan Getzlaf induced headache - again, my bad, never meant to be trite, confusing or beladraftic, I was just another bleary-eyed idiot making no sense after a long night. (I made the word "beladraftic" up, you like?)

So, why does the deal look like it does?

Well I'll be completely honest, I guess I/we need clarification of the "trading cash" rule. I remember having this debate last basketball season and seem to remember that it was okay, as the rule book states:

Trading Cash: Cash cannot be traded in any season but the current one. Teams are allowed to pay on player's contracts in all future seasons.

I assumed that this indicated 2 separate scenarios, hence the sentence break; that it essentially meant that cash could be used in two ways:
1) Cash can be used to trade for a player/pick, but only from cash on hand, not cash from future years.
2) Cash can also be paid to "ease" player's contracts, and this can come from future cash.

I was under the impression that only when future cash was used did it have to be allocated towards a certain players salary. In this case the cash was simply to "make the deal" amenable, it is not being put toward a player's salary, but rather towards the acquisition of the 3rd overall pick, which is obviously what the trade in toto revolves around.

If we need to indicate where the cash is going in this case, then essentially it's to help buy the 3rd overall pick. Other picks have been brought and sold.... how are those booked?

Sorry, I just don't understand the process apparently, because I purchased 3 NFL draft picks for cash just two weeks ago. In this case D.C. paid me 3 Million Cash, Gave me 2 later Draft picks, and acquired 3 players for the 3rd overall pick. I'm not sure I see any difference between this trade and just buying a pick? Sorry... tell me what you're looking for and I'll be as helpful as I can.

Sidenote: You approved my trade of the 6th overall pick that I got from D.C. to Vegas, if this trade is problematic, you may want to hold that one up, since I guess I don't own the pick yet.

Thanks, I'm at my computer and waiting to help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am

I continued reading the rules on trades and saw this:

Off-Season order of transactions:

1. After the season ends players under contract, cash, and eligible draft picks can be traded.

Unless I'm missing something, we just adhered to the letters of the rulebook, trading "players under contract, cash, and eligible draft picks.."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:17 am

seems to me the deal was processed but he just wanted clarification to write it on the notes???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:24 am

Okay, I'm happy to do that - I'm just not sure what to include???

3 Million towards 3rd Overall Draft Pick

That's what I would write I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:29 am

So let's write it up thusly:

D.C. gives 3 Million, along with the 6th Overall pick goes towards the purchase of the 3rd Overall Draft Pick.

Denver gives Richard Jefferson 3/3/3, Shane Battier 1/2, Terrico White 1 for the 11th overall pick.

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah I only asked cuz I wanted to write it out in the notes.
I'm not questioning the trade at all lol.
Approved.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down