Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Clarifying signing of draft picks..

2 posters

Go down

Clarifying signing of draft picks.. Empty Clarifying signing of draft picks..

Post by DmanofGod1 Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:58 am

Could you guys please clarify to everyone about signing draft picks

There are still several people who think that if they draft a player past the 181th rank ...that they will be able to sign him to a 3 yr .5/.5/.5 deal.

Help me out lol
DmanofGod1
DmanofGod1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Clarifying signing of draft picks.. Empty Re: Clarifying signing of draft picks..

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:02 am

again, minimum scale MUST BE USED when going above one year for cheap guys

Back to top Go down

Clarifying signing of draft picks.. Empty Re: Clarifying signing of draft picks..

Post by Xezus Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:04 am

Yes we have a minimum scale for yearly contracts so if your guy is ranked last in yahoo and u want a 6 year deal, you still have to pay him the minimum for a 6 year deal, which is 5 mil a year.

This scale should be located in the right column Titled Minimum Salary Scale (and we are the FCC)
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:07 am

So say I drafted young defensivemen Alex pietrangelo STL and he is ranked 181st. Can I sign him to a 3 yr deal of .5/.5/.5 or a five year deal of .5/.5/.5/.5/.5?

If not what could I actually sign him to for those years?

Humor me Smile

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 am

minimum scale

if his salary is 500k by rank but u want 3 years, then 2per, 6 years, 5per

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:12 am

if he is in the .5 mil Orank bracket then 1 year contracts cost you .5 mil a year, 2 years cost you 0.8 mil a year, 3 years cost you 2 mil a year, 4 years cost you 3 mil a year, 5 years 4 mil a year, and 6 years 5 mil per year.

Its all over there in the bracket =)
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:38 am

Ty guys ...everyone needs to know this.

I appreciate it

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:40 am

hopefully they all read!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:24 am

ok thanks i am the one who didnt undestand the rules correctly and my last trade wound not proceed if i know this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:36 am

oh man... this has been in the rules and rule book... sucks you didnt understand it properly

your last trade was still a good score for you, imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down