Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

FCC Playoffs

5 posters

Go down

FCC Playoffs Empty FCC Playoffs

Post by johnscrn Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:38 am

Michigan had an 8 assist +9 rating Sunday, from only 6 players, to turn a 5-7 deficit into a 7-5 win and advance to the semifinals over Akron. The team was powered by Daniel Sedin and Plekanac who both had 6 points and a +4 rating on the week. Michigan's goaltending was very strong with Elliot, Howard, and Holtby having a combined GAA of 1.99 with a shutout. Akron had one 6 point player in Eberle but was plagued by bad goaltending with Bernier and Niemi having a GAA of 4.1

Philly lead Etobicoke from the drop of the puck but the match was closer than the final score suggested. Philly won goalie wins 3-2, GAA 1.20-1.35, and save percentage .957-.956. Philly had a 5 point player in David Backes but Tyler Bozak gets a shout out for his 26 penalty minutes. The maple leafs may have put an end to winning but they haven't held their players back from fighting! Etobicoke had 4 points from Alexander Steen but a tired crosby and an injured Malkin kept the team from reaching its potential.

The top seeds won the wildcard matches and I suspect that trend to continue in the semis. Philly will now make the long trip to prague while Michigan will be heading to GreenBay.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

FCC Playoffs Empty Re: FCC Playoffs

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:13 am

Nice read!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:15 am

I left GB such a nice set up, and he did all the extra that I was incapable of doing to make that franchise sustain success. My pick is GB over Philly for the Cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:19 pm

Very Nice! Good to see some close matchups. I was rooting for Etobicoke!
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:31 pm

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:08 am

There was a lot less excitement this week as the top seeds both advanced as predicted to the final round.

Michigan's goalies, top ranked on the season, cooled off from last week and only won 3 of their 8 appearances. This left plenty of room for Green Bay's goalies to do what they do and win 8 of their 11 appearances. GB had three 5 point players in  Koivu, Iginla, and the late season acquisition Hudler. However, without Justin Faulk's 16 shots and 18 hits GB would have lost both of those stats.  GB won 8-3

Philly found himself on the opposite side of a close game turned blowout this week. Led by Ribeiro's 6 points, Philly lost goals by 2, +/- by 1, and hits by 5 while tieing GWG. But it was even closer in net where Philly tied wins but lost GAA by .03 and SVP by .001!!! Prague's goalie situation was much improved mid season after signing the once bought-out player Dubnyk who in this matchup had 3 wins 1.33GAA and a 95.7 save percentage. Prague won 9-0

GB's skaters are ranked 2nd on the season while Prague's are ranked 1st so this should be a high-scoring affair. GB's 2nd ranked goalies are favored against Prague's 5th ranked but Dubnyk remains hot! GB should be favored on paper but in their two meetings this year they tied 6-6 and Prague won 8-3. This matchup is to close to call but I'll go with Prague since JI will pick GB and those will likely be the only two predictions.

Also, not that anyone cares, but Detroit and AA will be setting their lineups for the Consolation bracket championship. These two teams are closely ranked in almost every stat and were top seeds in this bracket(no one else set their lineups).

** rankings calculated from roto style scoring.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:44 am

Go Green Bay!

#Merica

Back to top Go down

Post by michiganfan1 Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:18 am

Detroit is going to take down AA in the consolation bracket!! Anyways, good luck to both teams in the finals.
michiganfan1
michiganfan1
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:29 am

well, you have the leg up on me so far. The important thing to note however is that both you and I would be beating or tied against either of the championship contenders..... so far
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bshirt7 Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:36 am

Slow your roll Craig! You need to make the playoffs from a full season of good play not one week. FCC Playoffs 2639663569 lol!

FCC Playoffs 08d99260b5f31ffcdc27d725c716e89b
bshirt7
bshirt7
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:16 pm

first off, I figured no one would actually read that.
second off, we are trending in the right direction!?!?!?!?
Hopefully next year all my players, who have a spleen at the beginning of the season, have their spleens at the end of the season. If I'm really lucky I'll have 1 healthy starting goalie each week.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down