Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Arizona-Oakland trade **Deal of the Century part 2**

4 posters

Go down

Arizona-Oakland trade **Deal of the Century part 2** Empty Arizona-Oakland trade **Deal of the Century part 2**

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:37 pm

In the 2nd deal of the Century and the 2nd time Bron has been traded IN THE DIVISION

Oakland Receives:

LeBron James 5 years, 20 mil
Kendrick Perkins 2 years, 2 mil

Arizona Receives:

Chris Bosh, 5 years, 20 mil
Josh Smith, 5 years, 10 mil
6 mil cap space
Mad City number 1

Back to top Go down

Arizona-Oakland trade **Deal of the Century part 2** Empty Re: Arizona-Oakland trade **Deal of the Century part 2**

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:38 pm

accept

Back to top Go down

Arizona-Oakland trade **Deal of the Century part 2** Empty Re: Arizona-Oakland trade **Deal of the Century part 2**

Post by Xezus Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:12 pm

approved
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:03 pm

no this isnt a post to approve yet.
vegas, check your inbox, b4 you make your decision.
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:09 pm

**TMZ Breaking News**

LeBron was overheard on his cell phones telling friends, "I'm done with AZ. All the strippers here have already bowed to the King. Time to take my show to Oakland and be a true Reeefer!"

TMZ is also reporting that Mary Jane sales in Oak are up 65%

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:43 pm

Stay tuned for Bosh's reaction..

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:05 am

After talking with Vegas for a bit, we both decided it was only fair for everyone in the league to veto the trade.
Heres what I think.
Yes, LBJ truely is a fantasy beast but there is always a limit for any player in the nba, and I think Arizona wins this way too much.
CB4 is not just an ordinary stud, the amount he produces is premium legit top 8. He gets 20/10 on every given night.
Josh Smith is a multi-cat stud and hes a monster on the glass and blocks, easily a top 25 guy.

Having said all this heres the thing that undoes this...the lottery pick. Honestly the madcity pick I believe will be a very strong lottery pick (no offense madcity)...so thinking more into this CB4, Smith, potential top 3 (John Wall, or top 3) clearly overdoes this.

Perkins is a solid center but he is nowhere on these guys levels.
If this deal was to truely work it should have been a Bosh, something smaller than smith, and maybe the madcity pick, or Bosh, Smith, 2nd rounder or a lower 1st rounder.

Vegas will confirm why he veto'd shortly..
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:39 am

On the surface it works for me but after staring at it for a bit I still think it's a lot of talent to give up. A solid first round pick in bosh and a high second round pick in smith for lbj seems a hell of a lot considering cp3 was gotten for less. I really don't see what Oakland is gaining from this trade besides the assists the lbj gives but gives up a grip in other stats. After this year, the only notable players that Oakland has are lbj, melo, and Evans while Arizona is gonna be pretty stacked for years to come. Oakland also isn't gaining anything for the future either giving up that pick.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:20 pm

I respect the decision, altho I kinda disagree, because in order to trade a LeBron, I'd need a haul back, given that he will be the best player in the league for years to come.

I gave up 4 assets to acquire Bron. In dealing him, I am gaining 3 while giving up a decent, cheap center with him.

I respect the decision tho and thank you guys for being honest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:52 pm

you honestly are overturning a trade that has the best fantasy player in lbj for a mere draft pick? cmon thats asinine! dont care if its a lottery pick, the trade committee had no objections to letting the trade oakland got it in slide which favored oakland similarly. i respect the tc and all the members and every manager but lets be frank here. this is a deal that both managers agreed to and felt were best in their respective scenarios. it brings up the same topic bravo brought up in regards to waivers. we are all grown men and smart enough to follow the rules and do whats right.

i will be all for this trade to pass and believe it is only fair to reconsider. when a trade is vetoed by the tc it should be up for a poll from every manager and i vote ye. i think someone in the tc or maybe more than one person is
*cough* *cough* chicken! bak bak bak bak bak! chicken! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:13 pm

what you just said basically downplays the fact of even having a trade committee.
we voted on having a committee before you were even part of this league.
so your basically saying its okay if two guys trade anyone they want based on their own preference?
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 pm

Insane is the word your looking for, not asinine.

While the draft pick is definately not the entire reason that the trade was vetoed.

If every trade the TC vetos is put up for a poll then what's the point of the TC in the first place? If Oakland or Arizona can post valid counter arguments for the trade to pass then I would gladly converse with the TC again to discuss the trade.

Arizona, while he did disagree, did decide to honor the TC veto. Does this mean a trade is dead? Of course not, just means back to the drawing board.

Also if your implying that I'm scared of the trade, consider that I am trying to help my main rival at the moment get more.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:50 pm

I appreciate KC and Vegas' responses for different reasons.

I do think trades need to be fair for the league. However, slight overpayments shouldn't be vetoed. This trade can be considered a slight overpayment or more than that depending.

The numbers on Smith and Perkins are very close actually, which makes this trade-

Bron for Bosh, a number 1 and Smith's extra couple stats over Perks.

For LBJ, a payment like that is necessary.

Before we had the trade committe- Cp3 was dealt with love for Bosh, Roy and Green. Boy, how I'd love to get a deal like that. But then again, that is partly why we have a TC.

I do appreciate and respect the TC decision and everyone being able to add input.

Kinda hard to deal Bron without being PAID. We are talking about maybe someone else instead of Smith and the someone else is a guy I can see Oak dealing Smith straight up for down the road. And the thing is, it'd hurt him more to lose the other guy than Smith, but may be more passable, which kinda sucks.

Perhaps we can work something else out or have you guys review it once more, depending on Oak's explanation of the deal.

But as always, the Sake of the League should come first and foremost..

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:53 pm

Also what Oakland trade are you talking about that favored him? Only recent trade was the horford/bayless for mo/odom trade which was more then fair.
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:56 pm

the one before the season started.
the one with oakland and philly, bosh/roy for cp3
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 pm

i think vegas was addressing kc and im not sure kc was referencing cp3, but iono

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:59 pm

Having a league vote is not the purpose of the TC. The TC is simply to evaluate trades and approve or veto. Unfortunately we have to respect what the members choose and that's it. Sometimes trades will work out and sometimes not. It's like going to trial and the judge is having a bad day and you get fucked or he's having a good day and you make out.

Other than that, both owners involved are reputable members and have 100% credit. Being in the same division I wouldn't think either guy would want to help the other guy out short-term or long-term. You guys all know my thoughts on 2 owners involved in a trade that spend time with their team... all trades should fly.

But, we have to respect the decision of the TC members and not give em a hard time.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MistaDuMa Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Hate to bring up old news but i'd rather take love/cp3 over bosh/Roy/green. $23m vs $45m sounds good to me
MistaDuMa
MistaDuMa
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:27 pm

i agree that old news should not be brought up. tc's are never efficient but obviously necessary. bringing up old news only puts fuel on the fire. there have been other bad deals that have passed.

the trade i was referring to was the trade where oakland received the lottery pick. the tc had no problem passing and eric gordon for rip hamilton and mad citys #1 which was a good deal for oakland as it stood without the pick and adding insult to injury allowing oakland to run away with it.

the suggestion i made for a poll should be negated. i only brought it up to point out that its possible the managers vote to proccess this deal. i didnt in any way look to offend the tc and i commend them for being smart and stating good opinions but who makes a trade not looking to win there always is a winner for the most part. i think in this case the tc is getting hell bent on control and overanalyzing as this trade is not heavily favoring anybody and that is why the decision is asinine or crazy whatever you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down