Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Draft Overview

3 posters

Go down

Draft Overview Empty Draft Overview

Post by Xezus Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:24 pm

FCC Draft Rules

• About the Draft: The draft will be a 20 round forum draft. Trading of draft picks and salary is allowed during the draft. Please let the commissioner know your best contact (text, email to smart phone, etc) so you do not hold up the draft. If you know your pick is 1 or 2 away, leave a list of 2-3 players with the commissioner (or another member) if you're not going to be around. If any owners become a problem, they will be removed immediately. There is currently no time limit for draft picks, but the draft should be completed in a timely manner and if you know you are going to take a while with deciding who your choice is, please have the courtesy to tell us that so the guy behind you isn't anxiously awaiting your decision for 3 days. The remaining 10 players will be signed through free agency to fill your 30-man roster.

• Contracts and Salaries: Salaries will be based on the players O-Rank in Yahoo. A salary will not change for any reason once a contract is assigned. The draft will begin before yahoo opens. While drafting, owners will have no way of knowing the player’s salary.

• Player Salaries: O-ranks will be locked 48 hours after yahoo fantasy hockey opens. On this date , whatever the player’s o-rank is, that’s what his Avg salary will be.

• Free Release Period: The commissioner will set a free-release deadline. Teams will have a "free release" period in which players can be released with no fee. There is no limit to how many players a team can release. After the deadline, all players are guaranteed a minimum of 1 year. Teams are allowed to release a player during free-release and try and sign the player for a lesser cost in free agency.

• Submitting Contracts: After the free release period ends, teams must submit all contracts within 72 hours.

• Free Agency and Trading: After all contracts are submitted and reviewed, the commissioner will set a date for free agency and trading to open.

• O-Rank/Salary in Millions:
1-4 /$10
5-12/$9
13-20/$8.5
21-24/$7.5
25-36/$7
37-48/$6
49-60/$5.5
61-72/$5
73-84/$4.5
85-96/$4
97-108/$3.5
109-120/$3
121-132/$2.5
133-144/$2
145-156/$1.5
157-168/$1
169-180/$750k
181+/$500k
• Max Contracts Assigned: Managers will assign their entire team contracts ranging from 1-6 years. Teams do not have to use the maximum number of each contract. Max contracts that can be assigned (Note: after the draft, limits on contracts will not apply):
o 1 to 3 years-unlimited
o 4 years- max 4
o 5 years- max 3
o 6 years- max 2
Note: The contract minimum scale will still be used when assigning contracts.

If everyone picks in perfect O-rank order everyone's salary will come out to 66.25 mil out of 90 mil cap so we should have plenty of room for FA signings and such.

Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Draft Overview Empty Re: Draft Overview

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Do we know when the draft will begin?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:36 pm

Jesus, it's already up... I just joined... homework time!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:36 pm

right now!

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:44 pm

I am away on vacation this weekend, sorry guys. Please be patient with me as it might take me a little while to make my picks.

Eric
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:46 pm

ya no problem man, thanks for letting us know Very Happy
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:46 pm

how many have actually played some fantasy hockey or watch the league games? just wondering

once again i wonder whats so difficult about having 3-4 guys in mind when your pick comes up, you have so much time to do so during selections.

i'm guessing most have done their homework and made lists so while i wish the pace of the draft was faster i suppose i shouldnt expect differently- it hasnt been too slow.

if you havent observed the game a lot you know what they say, playing fantasy opens up the interest in the sport so you'll get there.

if you think you need extra time to make decisons i aint mad atcha drunken i respect those who do their due diligence in an attempt to be competitive as i've dreamed of a difficult competitor to actually shut my mouth and clamp down for real.

i'll just say that the extra time wont make a difference since at this point in the draft everyones game plan and strategy is transparent. you'd think at least one of us would realize this and take measures to stay a step ahead. long story short noones fooling anyone, not even myself. go buck wild and throw darts all over the place to catch people off guard.

the only picks i believe that have done this are the carey price, byfuglien and reimer selections.

dont get me wrong though not mad. just itching because i still might not be used to a no time limit draft.

in closing to my division mates: Prague, Akron, and Michigan, I'm going to kick your asses if you dont mind bom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:53 pm

i do think it'd be nice if ppl had some lists so that way we could get our picks in faster, but still PLENTY of time, so w/e, i guess

i for one am able to use the extra time to make sure i dont botch this draft, so i guess its good

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 pm

you know what i mean though, not saying to go off the list but if you have a 'list' you can scan through it and bam, make a choice! 5 seconds! no? pig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 pm

yessir!

totally figured that's what you meant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:03 pm

confused ITCHING! Draft Overview Itching Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:15 pm