Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

FCC RFA Question

2 posters

Go down

FCC RFA Question Empty FCC RFA Question

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Okay, so we get 2 RFA's per year. Do we set the players with RFA status when we sign them and does this RFA status transfer, or does each team simply get to assign two players with expiring contracts RFA status at the end of each season?

Thanks in advance. And if the 2nd scenario is the case, which I'm kind of assuming it is, should we quickly re-address the RFA status of rookies which are drafted by their current team. I'm just thinking that if we have a 4 round draft every year, we automatically will have to leave 2 of those players unprotected after 3 years... which to the thoughtful owner should have serious ramifications.

Back to top Go down

FCC RFA Question Empty Re: FCC RFA Question

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm also wondering - and I realize that this is late in the game - BUT since no contracts have been assigned yet, maybe we can re-examine it - but after some serious analysis I'm wondering if we shouldn't actually get 3 RFA's a year. (and more for home-grown rookies) Or possibly an RFA rollover. As soon as our first round of rookies comes up for extensions in 3 years, if anyone does a good job of drafting for future talent, they will actually be penalized for doing so under the current set up. Why even carry talent for 3 years if we only have 2 RFA's per year? It doesn't make financial sense.... we might be forced to trade away good young home-grown talent at fire sale prices to teams that haven't drafted as well. It's an ominous scenario.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:30 pm

snacks wrote:I'm also wondering - and I realize that this is late in the game - BUT since no contracts have been assigned yet, maybe we can re-examine it - but after some serious analysis I'm wondering if we shouldn't actually get 3 RFA's a year. (and more for home-grown rookies) Or possibly an RFA rollover. As soon as our first round of rookies comes up for extensions in 3 years, if anyone does a good job of drafting for future talent, they will actually be penalized for doing so under the current set up. Why even carry talent for 3 years if we only have 2 RFA's per year? It doesn't make financial sense.... we might be forced to trade away good young home-grown talent at fire sale prices to teams that haven't drafted as well. It's an ominous scenario.

I don't know how much of the real NHL we are trying to emulate, but in the real NHL, only drafted rookies get RFA status. All teams also get a months period after the season ends to resign their UFAs to a contract before they are released to FA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:31 pm

Personally, I think you should be able to sign as many young players as you want in all sports to long term deals. Cory's right---only being able to keep 2 guys kind of negates the incentive for good drafting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:54 pm

Alright so how about we do 2 RFA's per year for all non-rookies and have RFA status on all prospects called up to their teams?

That way we all get a chance to keep our home-grown talent, but they will cost us what the league determines they are worth.

I think that's fair... any thoughts?

And after a season is over you are allowed to protect 2 players with RFA then, so before offseason FA opens everyone can designate up to 2 players they can protect that year
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:08 pm

That sounds very realistic. I think the opportunity to hold onto homegrown talent is good - if you can afford it! I vote yes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:12 pm

just a reminder:

Restricted Free Agent Eligibility (Veterans):

Salary Hoops, Frozen Cup Classic, & The Boys of Summer ONLY!
Completed a 3-6 year Pro contract (not including options).
Spent a minimum of 2 full consecutive seasons with the current team.
Never been listed on waivers.
Had any club options picked up.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:15 pm

And just so there's no two ways about it, the new rule would hurt me as I've already traded away 2 picks this year and 2 picks next year. But I think if we're gonna have a 4 round draft every year, we should at least have the opportunity to keep the players if they don't pan out for 5 years or so....

One more question, when we say "Completed a 3-6 year Pro contract (not including options). Spent a minimum of 2 full consecutive seasons with the current team." I assume that means completed the contracts within our Fantasy League not in real life? And has to spend 2 full season with the same FANTASY team? Right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:34 pm

yes he has to have been on your team for 2 complete seasons, and he has to have completed his contract of 3 years or more, but only the final 2 have to be on your team so u can bring in guys from other squads that were signed to 3+ years and u get RFA as long as they are on ur squad for the final 2 years of their deals
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:42 pm

On the topic of RFA's. If another team signs them, is their compensation for the original team (1st round draft picks)?

I may have missed it in the rules...
nostratimus
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:00 pm

na there is no pick compensation for letting an RFA go. If you don't want to match, then u lose the player.

And i will try to get a hold of bravo to get this all written in the rule book, such as the new 4 round draft and rookie contract situation, and 20 game limit type of thing that we have now
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down