Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here??

4 posters

Go down

Who's the Idiot, JI or Matt?

Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here?? Vote_lcap50%Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here?? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]
Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here?? Vote_lcap50%Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here?? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 2

Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here?? Empty Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here??

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Matt-- Lemme overpay for Crosby
JI-- You gotta pay
Matt-- Okay
JI-- Krejci, Edler, Nugent-Hopkins, Hamilton, 2013 1
Matt-WOW, not paying that

Now, who's the dumb one here? Matt for turning down Sidney or me for offering Sid for a 2nd rate Center, 2nd rate def, two rooks and a pick??

After just looking at ranks and all that now, I think I'm glad I declined, but, want to see what the public thinks

Back to top Go down

Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here?? Empty Re: Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here??

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:43 pm

I think that is overpaying for Crosby... The two rookies are projected to be top quality, while Krejci is expecting top line minutes out of Boston, and Edler is a number 2 dman.

Neither of those players are Crosby, but I am sure the production you get out of all four of those players will outweigh the production Crosby has right now.

And I thought I overpaid for Malkin lol. That might be a good reason as to why I shouldn't be commenting on this post Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here?? 569384

Back to top Go down

Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here?? Empty Re: Hockey question-- which owner is dumb here??

Post by nostratimus Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:47 pm

I personally wouldn't go near Crosby, period! I hate to say it but there's no way he plays the rest of his career the same way he used to play.

Big offensive numbers? Sure. But for how long? He's not even declared ready for this season and if and when he returns, he may be one big hit (or just a brain rattler) away from being done.

There's no bigger asterisk in a sports superstar right now than Crosby. Not worth the gamble IMO. I actually hope that I eat these words and watch him play 10+ years at his current scoring rate...we'll see.
nostratimus
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:15 pm

yea you prob shouldn't trade him now JI because no one is going to overpay for him as not only this season is in question but his career is in question.

No one is going to overpay for him right now.

If you trade him you are going to have to take a discounted rate just like you would for anyone else that is hurt.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:21 pm

i wasnt shopping him-- he asked if he could overpay

i tried letting him! lol

Back to top Go down

Post by DmanofGod1 Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:35 pm

Haha ... yea JI is right ... Matt did say he wanted to overpay for Crosby so JI made the offer.

But Crosby will be lucky to play this year. More than likely his doctors will tell him to take the year off so he will be completely ready and healed for 2012-13. If he plays this year he risks sacrificing his career but if he takes a year off and waits to play until his brain is fully healed... then the doctors say he can play without any future risks from this injury.

But then again, I have an ulterior motive for you to keep him.

I have your 1st round pick next year and it's going to be tough to compete without Crosby Smile

And as for Albuquerque
favo_zomg wrote:

And I thought I overpaid for Malkin lol.

Malkin is in for a monster year if he stays healthy. They have pretty much handed the team to him in Crosby's absence. I have a feeling I'm going to be missing him badly Sad
DmanofGod1
DmanofGod1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:14 pm

haha well, im fortunate that briere is Center elg meaning, if crosby is somehow out, i can get a RW to replace briere and have briere at center

not as good as crosby but i have flexibility

oh and i have a TON of $$$ to spend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:16 pm

also, philly needs to take the 1 off my roster as it shows on both mine and akrons lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 am

You forgot to have an option for both your dumbasses!

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:18 am

haha ya i feel as though there are alot of players that respect crosby but a lot of guys that dont, all it takes is one elbowing penalty or one big hit and it could be over. I feel as though the hard nose players (not necessarily dirty) wont ease up on him when he comes back, you cant ease up on crosby if you want to win. If he comes back healthy he could be the #1 player in the league. I wouldnt pay anything decent for him right now, so like previous posts, if you want that return, wait until crosby returns
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:36 pm

DmanofGod1 wrote:

And as for Albuquerque
favo_zomg wrote:

And I thought I overpaid for Malkin lol.

Malkin is in for a monster year if he stays healthy. They have pretty much handed the team to him in Crosby's absence. I have a feeling I'm going to be missing him badly Sad

Considering how I built this team, trading 3 picks and Couture for one superstar feels like I am moving in the wrong direction... Although trading those two goalies for what looks to be future superstars definitely helped my cap for the future and now.

In respects to Crosby, I do hope he comes back.... The guy is amazing for the game!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down