Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Batting Average

+2
Ballbasherz
Admin
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Batting Average Empty Batting Average

Post by Admin Sun May 02, 2010 8:02 am

Call me old school... (not as old school as Mark!) Does anyone else miss not having Batting Avg on the Yahoo page? It tells a lot about how a hitter is doing and basing everything off OPS dont seem to be working for me. I find myself looking everyone up every other day to see what they're hitting.

Not sure what you guys think, but I'd like to somehow possibly work it into next season stats.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Batting Average Empty Re: Batting Average

Post by Ballbasherz Sun May 02, 2010 9:19 am

If I remember correctly it was your decision to eliminate ave. for ops.I would like to have ave. back for next year also as long as we add something in the pitching to keep things even. FYI I might be old but I`m far from dead you smartass. Batting Average 250732
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Sun May 02, 2010 9:45 am

i do miss batting average, im for either putting it instead of OPS or adding it, either way, maybe we could do BA and BB, and add BB to the pitchers cats to even it out?
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 11:27 am

yep i miss it, I have to look it up all the time and it sucks that I have to spend extra time when it could be right there.

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Sun May 02, 2010 11:57 am

i miss it too, bring it back after allstar game!

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 02, 2010 12:41 pm

ok good. so i'm not alone on this one. we'll work it out for next season 1 way or another. i'm sure it wont be difficult.

to mark... i wanted to get rid of avg because with having ops, avg is built into it already.

to daniel... yahoo wont allow us to change the stats during the season.

i like hits and all, but maybe that would be the stat that gets replaced seeing that hits is avg. it's really hard to cover everything without going overboard.

also, i'd like to use Net Saves next season. I didnt realize yahoo had that until a couple weeks ago. Makes you think about loading up on shitty closers.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 12:53 pm

I don't like net saves because when a guy trying to hold a game loses it it counts as a blown save, not a blown hold so it is only gonna hurt even if you have good closers.

I also don't like taking out hits because that can be the difference of guys that get to play vs. guys that are on the bench and the owner not changing the lineup

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Sun May 02, 2010 12:58 pm

I don`t like net saves for the simple reason this league is supposed to mirror MLB and thats not a MLB stat. You can add BA and BB or Loses to the pitching catagorys to keep things even.
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 1:13 pm

I don't like losses either, that is based on how many runs your team scores, give up 1 run and get a loss is counter active to ERA and WHIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm ok with adding BA, but as mentioned before would also like a pitching stats. Also not a fan of net saves, maybe K/9 or K/BB ratio.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Some good stuff here..

But everything would be best if we did h2h points

Get 1 win or 1 loss instead of categories

Today greinke went 8ip cg but lost only giving up 1. He netted 27 fantasy points. Sheets did terrible and was -21.

To me, h2h points shows true value of player's worth and team's quality

If u totally dominate a cat, its scored the same as a Guy who wins a cat by 1. There's something wrong with that...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 2:26 pm

AJP13237 wrote:I'm ok with adding BA, but as mentioned before would also like a pitching stats. Also not a fan of net saves, maybe K/9 or K/BB ratio.

Ya I'm a fan of K/9 if we add BA which has to do with hits per at bat we should have a similar category with k/9 K's per 27 outs.

Average for Average

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Sun May 02, 2010 2:31 pm

You guys all have good ideas but you`re forgetting the concept of the league. MIRROR the MLB. We go adding all these FANTASY stats and your taking away from what the league was designed to be. If there are to be changes keep them in the realm of MLB.
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Sun May 02, 2010 2:33 pm

JO what you say is all well and good but what you`re suggesting is turning the league into a points league.Thats not what it wa set up to be.Lets keep it original
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 02, 2010 3:30 pm

well if we were to mirror MLB we would use all the stats.

maybe BA for pitchers too?

k/9 is nice but having that and K's by itself is too much.

i like blown saves and saves. putting them all into 1 sums it up for us without having extra categories.

in Fantrax, you can have Net W/L/CG (1pt for Wins, 1pt for CG, and -1pt for Losses)... I wish yahoo would do that. That covers 3 cats all in 1.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Sun May 02, 2010 3:47 pm

Thats what you said when you started this league that you wanted it to mirror the MLB. I`m not saying to use all the stats but at least keep it with in the rules of the MLB. This is a good league so lets not start fuckin with it to screw it up
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 5:36 pm

H2h points mirrors mlb the most

At the end of the week, u get a W or an L, not 8-7

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Sun May 02, 2010 6:12 pm

In the end they both come out the same. An 8-7 is a win or loss tooJ just a different way of getting the same results.
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 7:04 pm

not true, cuz thats 8 games and 7 games.... or sometimes its 10 to 5, so thats a 5 game disparity instead of just one win and one loss that h2h points provides

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Sun May 02, 2010 7:08 pm

you just still get 1 win or loss for that catagory at the end of the week
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Sun May 02, 2010 7:27 pm

To add my two cents, let's not go overboard and change much of what we have this year. Sure add/change a cat or two but to make significant changes not only moves away from the league's original concept but also may have change this year's draft selections.

In terms of h2h points vs cats, well teams don't play one game per week in mlb. They usually play 6. So how does h2h most mirror mlb in weekly play? If anything, maybe have each team play more than one team per week. That would take out some of the "luck" factor in terms of match-ups. I don't think yahoo offers that though. So cbs does, why not cange leagues next year and everybody puts in $20-$40 to cover league costs and winner takes all prize...just a thought!
nostratimus
nostratimus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 7:34 pm

well, h2h is only one win or one loss... when u play a game, u get a W or an L, not 10 to 5

i like the part about cbs tho, if h2h can be improved... would be willing to pay my fair share if we did move

the reason h2h points is better than cats cuz if i blow someone out 10-2 in homers, and they win Wins 6 to 5, its not fair that each are judged the same

h2h points maximizes value

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Sun May 02, 2010 7:34 pm

i like what JI is saying with H2H points! think of it like how football scores.

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Integrity wrote:well, h2h is only one win or one loss... when u play a game, u get a W or an L, not 10 to 5

i like the part about cbs tho, if h2h can be improved... would be willing to pay my fair share if we did move

the reason h2h points is better than cats cuz if i blow someone out 10-2 in homers, and they win Wins 6 to 5, its not fair that each are judged the same

h2h points maximizes value

So just for the sake of it... do you think if the d-backs beat up on the dodgers and smack 4 hr's and win 9-1 they should get extra points??

No way is better than another, its just how we play.

How do you take batting avg and convert it into your points shit you yankee lovn bastard???

Btw, ji owns a 2009 yankees championship t-shirt that he wears daily

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 9:10 pm

first, dont wear it daily. wore it to take a pic since a friend bought it for me

and secondly, u made my point about the 9-1. if they win 9 to 1, they get 1 win or 1 loss... standings dont say 9-1 or 1-9 afterwards

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 10:52 pm

I don't like points, it is too few wins/ losses, how do we seperate the really good from the really bad. I mean I like football the way it is but I hate being in second or 3rd to a guy with 200 less points cause he played teams that had terrible weeks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 11:04 pm

on the contrary, points shows how good a team really is as it maximizes a team's output each week...

too few wins and losses is a drawback, but should that be the dealbreaker?

maybe something like toronto said could be best, but if not, h2h points with 1 win or 1 loss per week shows a team's true value more than 7-6-2 cats

if people dont like h2h points, im fine with staying with cats... just pointing out what i think is best

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Mon May 03, 2010 5:29 am

How`s that saying go: If it ain`t broke don`t try to fix it. I don`t see why we need all this discussion to possibly add a catagory to a well run machine. If we add a cat or 2 is fine but we don`t need to overhaul the whole system just for the sake of changing a cat. This league runs well the way it is so lets not screw up a good thing.
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 03, 2010 7:33 am

Yeah... I just miss having batting avg. That was my point of the post.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Mon May 03, 2010 9:36 am

Integrity wrote:first, dont wear it daily. wore it to take a pic since a friend bought it for me

and secondly, u made my point about the 9-1. if they win 9 to 1, they get 1 win or 1 loss... standings dont say 9-1 or 1-9 afterwards

Think of it as the football standing. the match up is won 200(team A) to 199 (team B) the stand will show Team a 1-0 team be 0-1 , and not the way we current do it team A 200-199 and team be 199-200

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum