Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Batting Average

+2
Ballbasherz
Admin
6 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Batting Average - Page 3 Empty Re: Batting Average

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 11:48 am

K/9 usually shows how effective a pitcher gets swings and misses which I think is very important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 11:52 am

I think two cats related to Ks is too much, especially when it's just outs a pitcher needs, whether by K or otherwise

I originally told bravo I'd want k/9 over k, in any redo

At this point, I'd take either but both is too much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 11:55 am

And I don't like the whole loss thing, especially saying maybe guys shouldn't start the pitchers they have going that day, that isn't simulating real baseball, just cause you have lincecum cain zito and sanchez doesn't mean that you are just not going to use wellmeyer cause he isn't as good as the other SP the giants have. Teams shouldn't be punished for having SP's that play for BAL or TOR and have to face the Yankees Sox and Rays 57 games a year. so on average they pitch against these teams 11.4 times a year

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 12:00 pm

I,m not gonna argue my point anymore I think I have proven that they are not related. So that is my opinion, take it leave it, throw it out the window, what ever you do with it, I'm still gonna think I'm right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Wed May 05, 2010 12:03 pm

mavwar53 wrote:Most likely that 10 start team will not win K's unless it is Philly and his killer pitching.

Batting Average - Page 3 Icon_king
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Philly had 1 SP (Lincecum) with 200+k and Jiminez with 198

I got 3 (Felix, Verlander, Lester) 200+k and Burnett at 195.

Fuck Philly! Please....

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 12:38 pm

good points mike... not trying to dismiss them, just think that two stats with Ks involved is too much, even if they are different

id go with both if thats what everyone chooses tho

and yeah, i dont like not playing my pitchers sometimes either, which is why i rarely sit a guy, but part of fantasy is to use guys to get you production.

if you have kyle drabek going against the yanks in his first start, you may not wanna play him...

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Wed May 05, 2010 12:38 pm

its all about this year not last year bravo... check the k / 9's Batting Average - Page 3 Icon_razz lester is the only one with a k per inning.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 05, 2010 12:55 pm

I like...

R 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K AVG

W L QS SV HLD K HR ERA WHIP

I like Losses because it covers the blown saves/holds most of the time and when a pitcher Loses. That's the name of the game. Winning and Losing. Yeah, Greinke loses a game 8ip, 2h, 1r, 0er, 8k. But, Mark Buerle WINS a game 5ip, 5er, No QS, etc etc. Same thing. It evens itself out.

HR's are so important for hitters, and for pitchers too. Plus it makes you think about ballparks, lineups being faced, etc. You might be try'n to start those "14" pitchers to out start your opponent, but is it worth it when a pitcher is facing the Bronx Bombers in Yankee Stadium? Makes you think, if you actually look at the match-ups. I do.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 05, 2010 12:57 pm

Xezus wrote:its all about this year not last year bravo... check the k / 9's Batting Average - Page 3 Icon_razz lester is the only one with a k per inning.

Felix and Verlander have 3-4 K's less of your k/9 par. I know you're angry about your hockey team that dont even belong in the playoffs. It's OK. I forgive you! Batting Average - Page 3 788934

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Bravo wrote:I like...

R 2B 3B HR RBI SB BB K AVG

W L QS SV HLD K HR ERA WHIP

I like Losses because it covers the blown saves/holds most of the time and when a pitcher Loses. That's the name of the game. Winning and Losing. Yeah, Greinke loses a game 8ip, 2h, 1r, 0er, 8k. But, Mark Buerle WINS a game 5ip, 5er, No QS, etc etc. Same thing. It evens itself out.

HR's are so important for hitters, and for pitchers too. Plus it makes you think about ballparks, lineups being faced, etc. You might be try'n to start those "14" pitchers to out start your opponent, but is it worth it when a pitcher is facing the Bronx Bombers in Yankee Stadium? Makes you think, if you actually look at the match-ups. I do.

Bravo Batting Average - Page 3 Icon_cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 1:04 pm

I'm cool with those cats

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 3:00 pm

I don't like HR's for pitchers, and still don't understand why no one else doesn't want to use K/9 which actually shows how good of a SO pitcher the guy is.

Oh, well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Wed May 05, 2010 4:35 pm

The batting looks good. Why not just have BB and CG for the pitching cats and it`s all even. No need to have a major over haul just to add two cats to a system thats working well.It seems too that the minor changes won`t affect the way we drafted either so their souldn`t be an issue with that. Batting Average - Page 3 372132
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 4:48 pm

If BB was a category I wouldn't have picked Kershaw, I would have picked someone with much better control, like I said, what I say isn't going to make a difference so do what ya'll want, how complete games is more important than K/9 I'll never understand. And how BB isn't included in WHIP I won't understand either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ballbasherz Wed May 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Any changes have to be voted on so what you say does matter. Instead of CG use BSV.We can beat this till the cows come home and will never come to a conclusion. I say we put up 4 -6 combinations of cats that have been discussed and vote on it. We can go on like this forever and never accomplish anything.
Ballbasherz
Ballbasherz
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 pm

well i thought we all agreed CG is a useless stat.

BB is in WHIP. It's overkill.

To me, you take a pick...

BB and H or WHIP
ER or ERA
Wins or WinPCT
K's or K/9

Like Hitting...
Hits or AVG
Hits and Walks or OBP
2b 3b hr or SLG

etc etc

Using both of any of those is overkill and adding extra value to players that are good at it. If we were going to have a K loaded league I would have picked a whole lot different.

If guys are looking to change K's to K/9, I have no problem with that. Having both of them is not an option.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 8:10 pm

ERA, WHIP, K/9, Wins,

Avg
OBP
2B
3B
HR

I still don't understand why not both K's and K/9

The stats are not the same.

One measures how long you pitch the other measures how dominant you pitch while in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed May 05, 2010 8:51 pm

22% of the categories using strikeouts favors strikeout pitchers. that's the reason.

i dont care if it's k/9, k%, true k%, k/bb, k, k per freakn inning... having 2 of them increases the value on strikeout pitchers.

not sure what else to say about this mike... i dont want doubled up cats. you could double up any cats like in my previous post and for some reason you 're choosing strikeouts. Why not walks and walks/9 or hits and hits/9. i dont get it.

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed May 05, 2010 10:12 pm

k's and k/9 are basically the same thing, how much a guy k's goes for in each game measures how deep and stuff he goes in the game.
theres no need to have both in the same game, its just double like bravo said.
in that case i liked everything that bravo had with his picks.
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Both guys make legit points, but having both is kinda irrelevant. The incident Oak brought up does happen, but if for instance team A goes only the min IP and has a K/9 of 11 but only 20 Ks, then team B does 15 innings over the min IP and ends up with 35 Ks, but only a 7-8 K/9. They would both get one win, which doesn't really seem fair to team B because he actually has more Ks. Also having both and one team winning one and the other team winning the other, would create a lot of useless .500's, and skew the standings a bit. Either or is probably the way to go on this, because both just doesn't seem to help much and creates more trouble then it helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by itssamman Wed May 05, 2010 10:56 pm

have you finished your homework yet ajp?
itssamman
itssamman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Negative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Ajp choosing BoS over hw?

His mama gonna ground him from the PC!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 1:01 am

Oh snap!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 08, 2010 2:07 pm

pleas enjoy this break in intermission....

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Fri May 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Bravo wrote:I know you're angry about your hockey team that dont even belong in the playoffs. It's OK. I forgive you! Batting Average - Page 3 788934

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Batting Average - Page 3 Icon_lol
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 14, 2010 7:02 pm

yeah yeah

Admin
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HELLFISH Fri May 14, 2010 9:17 pm

yeah next week he going to be piss off his basketball team is outed too Batting Average - Page 3 Icon_basketball

HELLFISH
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum