Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote

+2
West Seneca Wings
Xezus
6 posters

Go down

Options for RFA comp picks

FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_lcap41%FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 9 ]
FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_lcap9%FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_lcap5%FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_lcap0%FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_lcap18%FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_lcap27%FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 22

FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Empty FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote

Post by Xezus Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:16 am

We have a stacked poll here:

First half of the poll is to determine if comp picks are awarded via initial offers (how it is done now) vs final contract values.

Second half of the poll is to determine if we adopt a tier system and how it should work.

I apologize if your idea didn't make the poll, there's a lot of potential iterations here so we might have to flesh it out more over the coming year(s), I wanted to keep the options straightforward for our quick turnaround here
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

ericdm70 likes this post

Back to top Go down

FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote Empty Re: FCC RFA Compensation Tiers vote

Post by West Seneca Wings Sat Sep 09, 2023 10:14 am

Guess the poll can close......... Winners are

PART 1:Keep Comp picks awarded based on initial offers
PART 2:A tier system: $5 mil or greater for post-3rd round, anything less for post-4th
West Seneca Wings
West Seneca Wings
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffalo Bobcats Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:26 am

shabba12 wrote:Guess the poll can close......... Winners are

PART 1:Keep Comp picks awarded based on initial offers
PART 2:A tier system: $5 mil or greater for post-3rd round, anything less for post-4th
That isnt winner, right now there should be a revote with the last two options.  It is a 4 to 6 split (one has to vote) and in theory the person who voted for all picks to be after round 5, vote would be recasted as the part Part2:A tier system: $5 mil or greater for post-4th round, anything less for post-5th option. Making it a 6 to 5 vote, with one remaining. 

The part 2 option split the votes.

Also rookies were not in there. I would assume if they are offered a contract they count as a 5 million bid, since all rookies receive comp picks now.
Buffalo Bobcats
Buffalo Bobcats
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by West Seneca Wings Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:34 am

The vote currently is 6-4-1. One person hasn't voted. Therefore the best it could be would be 6-5-1. The person who didn't vote for the most popular options wouldn't revote. That's really not how it works.

And as far as the rookies go, the standing rule was if you offered them a minimum 2/2/2 you get a comp pick. The rule we are voting for covers that.
West Seneca Wings
West Seneca Wings
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:40 pm

I think Tim has a point. Rookie's offered 2/2/2 previously were treated the same as 5/5. So are they after round 3?
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SledgeJones Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:09 pm

I assumed the "anything less" meant the rookie 2/2/2 offers. Since nobody in the suggestion thread mentioned wanting low veteran offers to get compensation. And that "5 million or greater" meant players offered 5/5 or more. 

Those were the 2 ways to receive compensation, so i was under the impression that we were splitting those two types of comp into two tiers. Also that a rookie offered 5/5 or more would result in the better comp pick as well.

Like if somebody had bid on Ekholm for me (who I qualified at 2/2), I didn't think I would get comp if someone bid him up and I didn't match. You could really farm compensation if anyone with a qualifying offer could get you a comp pick (and a post-4th at that).
SledgeJones
SledgeJones

Back to top Go down

Post by SledgeJones Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:14 pm

• Since these were the 2 compensation rules, I assume the poll was framed around these being the two tiers. 2016 rule results in a post-3rd comp, 2021 rule results in a post-4th comp.

• From the rule book:

• RFA Compensatory Pick:

• 2016 vote: If a team loses an RFA player during the offseason free agency and had offered that player a minimum 2 year deal at $5M per season, they will be given a compensatory pick. The compensatory round will follow the final round of the next entry level draft and be ordered based on reverse standings (matching rounds 2-4 of that draft). Rounds will be added on as necessary for teams that have multiple picks, only 1 pick per round per team, picks cannot be traded.

• 2021 vote: If a team loses a rookie RFA player during the offseason free agency and had offered that player a minimum 3 year deal at $2M per season, they will be given a compensatory pick.

SledgeJones
SledgeJones

Back to top Go down

Post by West Seneca Wings Tue Sep 12, 2023 3:46 am

SledgeJones wrote:
  • Since these were the 2 compensation rules, I assume the poll was framed around these being the two tiers. 2016 rule results in a post-3rd comp, 2021 rule results in a post-4th comp.

• From the rule book:

• RFA Compensatory Pick:

• 2016 vote: If a team loses an RFA player during the offseason free agency and had offered that player a minimum 2 year deal at $5M per season, they will be given a compensatory pick. The compensatory round will follow the final round of the next entry level draft and be ordered based on reverse standings (matching rounds 2-4 of that draft). Rounds will be added on as necessary for teams that have multiple picks, only 1 pick per round per team, picks cannot be traded.

• 2021 vote: If a team loses a rookie RFA player during the offseason free agency and had offered that player a minimum 3 year deal at $2M per season, they will be given a compensatory pick.

"First half of the poll is to determine if comp picks are awarded via initial offers (how it is done now) vs final contract values.

Second half of the poll is to determine if we adopt a tier system and how it should work."

West Seneca Wings
West Seneca Wings
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Buffalo Bobcats Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:27 am

Definitely think it needs to be done with two options. Obviously the person who voted for the picks at latest option would switch to 4/5 as a tier.

I was gonna do all picks after 5th round, but saw it was already splitting vote and went with the 4/5.

Can't have a tiered poll about tiers. Gives too many options and spilts votes
Buffalo Bobcats
Buffalo Bobcats
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by West Seneca Wings Tue Sep 12, 2023 4:41 am

Well , then you should have voted with what you wanted, then it would have been 2-3-6 in voting. options are ok, they really are. Not sure why there is such a big push back. And 6 people voted for the one option. I dont think it was anything extravagant or crazy that was being voted on.
West Seneca Wings
West Seneca Wings
Super Poster
Super Poster

johnscrn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by johnscrn Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:20 am

yeah, I don't know why this is so complicated. I think my question was straight forward but I guess not. In my mind everything is fine including the poll and the results.
johnscrn
johnscrn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SledgeJones Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:46 am

johnscrn wrote:I think Tim has a point. Rookie's offered 2/2/2 previously were treated the same as 5/5. So are they after round 3?
I believe they would have been treated the same if the vote resulted in no tiers (part 2 options 1 or 2). Since tiers were chosen (part 2 options 3 or 4) rookie 2/2/2 comp and 5/5 comp will be split into 2 tiers.

So rookies are after round 4. Unless I'm completely misreading the intention the vote
SledgeJones
SledgeJones

johnscrn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by michiganfan1 Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:52 am

I was under the assumption that rookies would follow the system of if the starting bid was 5/5 or better the comp pick would be the better one and if under that it is the lower pick. The only way to get a comp pick if the offer is less than 5M is to be on a rookie deal so that is the only option. Otherwise they would just all be the same round for comp picks.
michiganfan1
michiganfan1
Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down