Salary Sports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TRADE TEMPLATE
NEW TEAM:
PLAYER > CONTRACT/REWORKED > RFA/UFA STATUS

IF Prior Team paying part of player Contract post as follows

PRIOR TEAM

PLAYER > CONTRACT PAYMENT

Headline News
Powered by RSS Feed Informer

Draft Talk!

4 posters

Go down

Draft Talk! Empty Draft Talk!

Post by ericdm70 Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:32 am

1. Tarrytown (via PM via Colorado) -
2. Port Matilda  -
3. Akron (via London)-
4. Toronto  -
5. Denton -
6. St. Louis -
7. Port Matilda (via Philadephia) -
8. Toronto (via Michigan) -
9. Akron (via Green Bay) -
10. Port Matilda (via Tarrytown) -
11. Akron -
12. Prague -

NOTE: #2 seed Wins NHL Draft Lottery. FCC #1 and #2 swap spots in 1st Round.

Last edited by ericdm70 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Draft Talk! Empty Re: Draft Talk!

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:57 am

Are U sure that this is correct draft order? I was 4th (Prague). In rules is written this "The rest of the first-round draft order is in reverse order of the teams' win-loss record"
It is questionable what is win-loss record, but lost twice and thats how I was only 4th in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:02 am

I went by regular season win-loss record. If I read it wrong, we can edit.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:09 am

In the NHL its regular season win loss record that determines the order. That's how I read it here.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:17 am

In the NHL, the last 4 teams remaining in the playoffs get last 4 picks.

Based on this:

12 Tarrytown
11 Green Bay
10 Prague
9 Akron

Even though Akron beat Prague in playoffs, in NHL they dont play each other when they both lose.

I will do whatever you want.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xezus Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:28 am

I personally like it better with overall win loss record.  The season is more where the best team is determined, the playoffs are a crapshoot as we have discussed before, therefore i feel like the best team has the best record and should get the worst draft pick regardless of what happened the last two weeks of the season.

But we can always vote it up if there is enough of a disagreement.
Xezus
Xezus
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:35 am

I say we vote, but for next year. Rules were clear for this year.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:10 am

I disagree that the rule is clear, there is no defintion of win-loss record and no word about that this record should be count only from regular season, logically see yahoo he do new standing after playoff and this standing   Is 4th position.  If we think about real nhl the order would be different than the original post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:18 am

Just remind you there is no advantage to win regular season and it is better to be 4th if we have such understanding of our rules. if you think that this is fair that dont be suprised that a leader of the league will lose on purpose if the team will clinch playoff, this rule will be against competition

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:52 am

Last season, we went by reg season standings so it should be the same this draft.  I mentioned  the idea of the the 2 championship teams being reseeded at  the bottom of the draft order (winner obviously with worst pick) but we never settled on anything.  In yahoo, only the last 2 teams playing are going  for it and still editing their lineups so the "3rd and 4th" place playorf teams should't be reseeded.

I'm happy if it's reg season overall standings too but def not top 4 teams reseeded.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Last year i won both regular and playoff thats how i dont know what we used for draft order because it was fair to be the last, if this is ok i could promise to lose on purpuse like many are doing it as i mentioned during the season that some didnt set roster because they lose the chance to play playoff and it is better to be the worst, in this league there are in some area very good innovative rules, but in some areas really suck and i could easily write that last year this was the most inactive league which i play and it is great to know tht everyone is happy to continue with those mistakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:41 pm

If you're gonna lose on purpose, then just leave LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 pm

What are you suggesting for the 8 teams who dont make the playoffs?
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:12 pm

goro wrote:Last year i won both regular and playoff thats how i dont know what we used for draft order because it was fair to be the last, if this is ok i could promise to lose on purpuse like many are doing it as i mentioned during the season that some didnt set roster because they lose the chance to play playoff and it is better to be the worst, in this league there are in some area very good innovative rules, but in some areas really suck and i could easily write that last year this was the most inactive league which i play and it is great to know tht everyone is happy to continue with those mistakes

If you're going to take shots, point the gun... Name people who 'lose on purpose' and deal with them. Making blanket statements doesn't help anything. That said, I'm sorry but your sour grapes are getting a little old, especially going into a new season.

FCC Rule Book wrote:Lottery Draft Order: The Frozen Cup Classic 8 non-playoff teams will be assigned with the NHL’s bottom 8 teams by matching up the records from worst to best. The lottery process determines the first three picks of the draft. The rest of the first-round draft order is in reverse order of the teams' win-loss record. The lottery does not determine the draft order in the second round.

We could argue that there is technically a playoff 'win-loss record', but, really? Is it not clear that playoffs don't enter into the stated rules. It seems pretty clear to me that our playoff teams are not eligible for the 'lottery' and the first round order is determined by regular season win-loss.

I've been in the league the shortest time, so I probably come off as a jerk since nobody knows me, so I apologize for being harsh. I do try to let common sense prevail, though, so if the majority think that's unclear, I guess I would understand a shift. And, I do think a couple of the rules are a little backwards and they certainly put a new owner such as myself at a disadvantage. If we're open to discussion, please let me know what the proper forum is.

-Jim...

Back to top Go down

Post by ericdm70 Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Their is a league suggestion forum under FCC.
ericdm70
ericdm70
Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BossSquig Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:52 am

If it was regular season draft order last year then it should be so again.  I would be for playoff order if we should choose to change it.
BossSquig
BossSquig
Super Poster
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:50 pm

Fred Bear wrote:
goro wrote:Last year i won both regular and playoff thats how i dont know what we used for draft order because it was fair to be the last, if this is ok i could promise to lose on purpuse like many are doing it as i mentioned during the season that some didnt set roster because they lose the chance to play playoff and it is better to be the worst, in this league there are in some area very good innovative rules, but in some areas really suck and i could easily write that last year this was the most inactive league which i play and it is great to know tht everyone is happy to continue with those mistakes

If you're going to take shots, point the gun... Name people who 'lose on purpose' and deal with them. Making blanket statements doesn't help anything. That said, I'm sorry but your sour grapes are getting a little old, especially going into a new season.

FCC Rule Book wrote:Lottery Draft Order: The Frozen Cup Classic 8 non-playoff teams will be assigned with the NHL’s bottom 8 teams by matching up the records from worst to best. The lottery process determines the first three picks of the draft. The rest of the first-round draft order is in reverse order of the teams' win-loss record. The lottery does not determine the draft order in the second round.

We could argue that there is technically a playoff 'win-loss record', but, really? Is it not clear that playoffs don't enter into the stated rules. It seems pretty clear to me that our playoff teams are not eligible for the 'lottery' and the first round order is determined by regular season win-loss.

I've been in the league the shortest time, so I probably come off as a jerk since nobody knows me, so I apologize for being harsh. I do try to let common sense prevail, though, so if the majority think that's unclear, I guess I would understand a shift. And, I do think a couple of the rules are a little backwards and they certainly put a new owner such as myself at a disadvantage. If we're open to discussion, please let me know what the proper forum is.

-Jim...

I have no issue with your harshness Jim.  Just letting you know. Say what you have to say, be respectful while doing it, and it's all good.  If guys can't take it, let them make the decision about staying or leaving.

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nostratimus Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:56 pm

BossSquig wrote:If it was regular season draft order last year then it should be so again.  I would be for playoff order if we should choose to change it.

I would only be for playoff order for the teams in the finals.  The consolation final means dick all and those 2 teams have no reward to beat each other...only to actually lose and get a higher pick.  So instead of dealing with accusations of one team losing on purpose, I'd suggest that it's reg season standings except for the final 2 picks, to be dertermined by champion (last pick of course) and the runner up.

Goro, you seem to have many issues with this league.  You're in a 12 member league and you need to realize that everybody has their own opinion.  You seem quite adamant about changing things so that it reflects your position on how things should be run.  Make a suggestion, if guys like it, you'll know.  If guys don't, be open-minded and let it go.  Trying to pound it in and get guys to change their views will more than likely turn them away.  Just my opinion.  You've brought up some good ideas, some I disagree with. Go with the flow and let things play out...

Premium Member
Premium Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down